NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
Social Networks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Regarding social networks
Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.
IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
Just imagine if is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to the mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.
The mods are listed at the bottom right of the forum under the index, they can generally help. If not, they will ask admin for guidance and we will all decide what is best.
Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.
We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

Rumors are not allowed! If you have questions please PM me or a Mod, we will be happy to help. Lets keep the threads dedicated to Zahra. Thank you.

Ima

I hit submit post and then realized the previous thread had closed, so I'm reposting here (hope that's ok):

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Foxglove
WOW!!! Shouldn't this be forwarded to the Hickory Police???"

and quoting myself *blush* "I agree. Maybe someone should contact kcsmom76. "

Ok, I don't know her but sent her a message through contact. Hopefully she gets it, although if a MOD could contact her that may be better/faster!

She may have already spoken to police way back when she took the photos, but likely before anyone knew of the significance of the mattress.

justbeachy
This is interesting. Thanks for sharing...I agree it is your "job" to teach those of us who don't know these things!

I have a question for you. If someone isn't deaf, but has a hearing deficiency (??? that's probably wrong too!!!), what term is appropriate? For example, Zahra had issues with various frequencies (if I understand correctly), but she wasn't deaf. So, how would someone refer to her condition if not saying "hearing impaired" to describe it?

I hope that made even a lick of sense. It's been a long day! :)
Hard of hearing is the correct and accepted term- it is just the "impaired" part they object to. (and don't even get me started on the cochlear implant debate lol) (of course Deaf is acceptable as well)

The deaf are unique in the sense that their loss of hearing effects their communication so they literally have their own distinct and separate culture and community.

They know they have a hearing loss it is just that they believe there is nothing about being deaf that needs "fixed"

Zahra would have been accepted in the deaf community without question,as one of them even though her loss wasn't profound.

Ok Saw the discussion on the mattress on the last thread and found this article:

Mattresses Inspected at Landfill in Search for Missing NC Girl

HICKORY, N.C. --
Investigators hauled away two matresses found at a landfill in Caldwell County, North Carolina. Investigators would not say if they are related to the homicide investigation of 10-year-old Zahra Baker.

Zahra Baker’s stepmother, Elisa Baker, has had two visitors since she was arrested on Oct. 10 , her lawyer Scott Reilly and defense attorney Lisa Dubs.

http://www2.wspa.com/news/2010/oct/...d-search-missing-10-year-old-north-ar-962216/

SherlockHomey... 4010 Phillip Lane.

odd, so far not a word about Zahra on HLN yet...........

NG has Jean covering for her tonight.......
about dad that scalded and droened 2 babies.

I also recall that kcsmom76 posted afterwards that the pics were taken behind the wrong address trailer...but they could have thrown it anyplace to discard it, so it could be the one.

I also recall that kcsmom76 posted afterwards that the pics were taken behind the wrong address trailer...but they could have thrown it anyplace to discard it, so it could be the one.

I hope some neighbor saw it and called LE.

Exactly! And they just might have to throw people off.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5678299#post5678299"]NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 #3 - Page 17 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Post by kcsmom76 on 10-12-2010, 05:28 PM :

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty G
I thought it was stated that the pictures taken of the trailer were the wrong trailer.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Claire Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 #3

They were I took the photos of the wrong trailer out but left the woods surrounding the trailer park in. The trailer was only one street behind the trailer I took pictures of.

Also, I wanted to say there were NO other cars in the neighborhood taking pictures. I was the only one there."

Here is another article:

Investigators Pull Mattresses From Landfill In Zahra Baker Case
Created: 10/22/2010 10:26:26 AM Updated: 10/22/2010 10:42:28 AM

Hickory, NC -- Investigators in the case of a missing girl were seen pulling mattresses from a Caldwell County landfill on Thursday.

Zahra Baker, 10, was reported missing on October 9th in a 911 call by her father. Investigators haven't found anyone outside immediate family who remembers seeing the girl since the end of September.

Investigators spent the last few days searching a landfill in Caldwell County where the Bakers lived before moving to Hickory. They were seen pulling mattresses from the area on Thursday. Police said they were combing the area for a "key piece of evidence".

http://www.digtriad.com/news/most_popular/article.aspx?storyid=149579&provider=top

I have carefully studied Zahra’s pictures where she is standing. She is always leaning on her left side. That means that her left leg with prosthesis is much shorter that the right one, and thus that her prosthesis was not adjusted for long time. From what I know I am sure prosthesis for kids at that age should get adjusted every 3-4 months.
Unfortunately, it looks like it hasn’t happened in Zahra’s case : (
You can see her pictures here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/54746494@N07/5075498347/in/photostream/
:twocents:

I agree with you. It's very sad, I think the only way she would have received a new leg is if it came free with News cameras and celebrities like her hearing aids. And I truly feel the money raised for her in Australia went to EB's selfish wants and needs. There was nothing left for Z.

I don't get it. Z seemed so sweet and well mannered, how hard would it have been to care for her? Really, all the joy she would bring into your life would surly make up for doctors check ups and leg adjustments. I would feel honored to help raise her into a lovely young lady. EB is losing out big time. She threw away a treasure. :( Makes me tear up just thinking what a waste this all is.

Reward in Hickory girl's disappearance up to $4,000

NEWTON, N.C. — Crime Stoppers groups have combined to offer a reward of up to $4,000 for information about the disappearance of a Hickory girl reported missing from her home Oct. 9.

After Zahra Baker's father reported her missing, it was determined that the 10-year-old was last seen by someone other than her family on Sept. 25.

http://www.wral.com/news/state/story/8497546/

I agree with you. It's very sad, I think the only way she would have received a new leg is if it came free with News cameras and celebrities like her hearing aids. And I truly feel the money raised for her in Australia went to EB's selfish wants and needs. There was nothing left for Z.

I don't get it. Z seemed so sweet and well mannered, how hard would it have been to care for her? Really, all the joy she would bring into your life would surly make up for doctors check ups and leg adjustments. I would feel honored to help raise her into a lovely young lady. EB is losing out big time. She threw away a treasure. :( Makes me tear up just thinking what a waste this all is.

I agree. Like someone else said, EB probably was attracted to AB because of the money that came from the people in Australia for Z. That is all gone now, and I think EB had had it with both AB and Z.

Imagine all the childless couples out there who would have jumped for joy to have a daughter like Zahra. She was worlds above EB, and it's so very sad she was so victimized by such a sick bully. I hope she is in the arms of an angel right now surrounded by such love that she can hardly believe it.

Ya'll I had to tell you guys this. Some astute websleuther informed me that there was a matteress and box springs in one of the pictures that I took at the last residence. I called Hickory Police Department and told them. They said they had already covered that area but would pass along the information.

I wonder if they are looking for some other person/s DNA on the mattress. ugh

They found the mattress near the trailer park.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

"She said authorities lifted the lid and looked inside, but only for a few seconds.

"They's another manhole in the holler that they need to come back and look at," Johnson said.

The place she talked about is hidden in a valley area behind a vacant trailer. It is in the same area where the couple was spotted."

But I wonder if this is the area that they missed, and if it's the same area in kcsmom76's picture!

I see it was you hamsterdance. Thank you sooo much. I got an absolute sick sick feeling when I read your note. I think it may very well be it. I hope to GOD if it was hers that it is still there and they can get what they need off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth