Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 532

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

  1. #226
    Quote Originally Posted by PunKnLuV View Post
    Oh us too!! Is there something at the airport? We had 3 low flying LOUD ones in the last 30 minutes fly over.
    Had to ride by the house this morning and nothing going on. I wonder what the next lead is or will be? The news is awfully quiet now.

  2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SherlockHomey For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomey View Post
    Had to ride by the house this morning and nothing going on. I wonder what the next lead is or will be? The news is awfully quiet now.
    I did notice a car/SUV parked beside it yesterday afternoon. I didn't get a good look though. It was lunchtime and 127 was congested. Do not think the cops would care if I explained to them I hit the car in front of me b/c I was busy staring at Zahra's house.

    The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.
    -Ayn Rand

    Photo Links // Baker house // 21 21st Ave NW

    11/06/2010
    11/01/2010
    10/28/2010
    10/27/2010


  4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PunKnLuV For This Useful Post:


  5. #228
    Quote Originally Posted by PunKnLuV View Post
    I did notice a car/SUV parked beside it yesterday afternoon. I didn't get a good look though. It was lunchtime and 127 was congested. Do not think the cops would care if I explained to them I hit the car in front of me b/c I was busy staring at Zahra's house.
    Don't you think it's odd that the place is not quarantined off and people go into the yard to place balloons and stuffed animals in the yard? I suppose it's not a crime scene now?

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SherlockHomey For This Useful Post:


  7. #229
    I also checked out another place in Granite Falls today as someone here asked if I would. It was a former residence of AY and EB and is pretty isolated in the area around it. It would be a perfect dumping ground but there was a gate across the road going into the woods and power lines so we did not go in.

  8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SherlockHomey For This Useful Post:


  9. #230
    http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ker-ar-478734/

    "Lisa Dubs confirmed Friday that she has been assigned to Baker’s case as provisional counsel. According to court records, Dubs’ role is to “Conduct a preliminary investigation, determine if the defendant is indigent and needs appointed counsel, and protect the defendant’s rights pending appointment of trial counsel.”

    "Dubs is one of about 10 Catawba County attorneys permitted to defend clients facing the death penalty. Even though Baker has not been charged with Zahra’s murder, the case has gained nationwide attention and Hurley has decided that it is appropriate to appoint Dubs because of the likelihood that Baker will eventually be charged with the crime, Dubs explained."

  10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SherlockHomey For This Useful Post:


  11. #231
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,230
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Steven Elhers, Private Investigator hired by EB's lawyers, v basic licence info, you have to scroll down, it's alphabetically listed:

    http://technoshaman.com/nullsheen.co...ns/Active5.pdf

    No website that I could find...guess you wouldn't. Wonder if the hiring of a PI was why some of the FB pages disappeared? I mean it would have given him a prefect start on who's who and what's what wouldn't it, or not.
    Granted this is o/t, but in the Anthony case, the PI's were within yards of Caylee's body the month before she was discovered.

    Perhaps they are attempting to find evidence of where Zahra is without obtaining it directly from the people who may have a pretty good idea already. just speculation on my part. Or evidence of Zanny, oops, I mean the kidnappers who took Zahra from the home.

    If this is their strategy, we can expect Zahra sightings pretty soon.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  13. #232
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,230
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomey View Post
    I also checked out another place in Granite Falls today as someone here asked if I would. It was a former residence of AY and EB and is pretty isolated in the area around it. It would be a perfect dumping ground but there was a gate across the road going into the woods and power lines so we did not go in.

    Did you call in a tip to the Sheriff's hotline? They can have the power company disconnect the lines and can legally get onto the property if it is privately owned.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  15. #233
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Did you call in a tip to the Sheriff's hotline? They can have the power company disconnect the lines and can legally get onto the property if it is privately owned.
    No, I didn't. It was just a tip I got from someone here and they asked if I could check it out while sleuthing around. However, it makes perfect sense as isolated as it was. Didn't want to bother LE with something I had nothing to go on. I did take photos but haven't uploaded them yet.

  16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to SherlockHomey For This Useful Post:


  17. #234
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Sounds to me like the state is paying for the lot;

    'North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services Director and Capital Defender Robert M. Hurley assigned Dubs to Baker’s case Monday.'

    'Reilly was appointed to defend Baker on her assortment of charges unrelated to the Zahra Baker homicide investigation and the obstruction of justice charge that followed Baker’s Oct. 12 confession to police that she’d written a fake ransom note demanding $1 million.'

    Not sure on the PI but he may come with one of the lawyers.

    http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ase-ar-478084/

    I feel sorry for the taxpayers in NC. Same thing happened to us in CA when we got stuck with the humongous bill from the OJ trial. And then gets off scott free. I have a feeling, though, EB won't have his luck.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DLT88 For This Useful Post:


  19. #235
    mytime's Avatar
    mytime is offline Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none. ~William Shakespeare
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    208
    "Police said that they hoped to "use the mattress to confirm interviews with persons associated with this investigation." They also said that the mattress would be used to reinforce the timeline of Zahra's disappearance."

    http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637 - They corrected their reporting to - Zahra Baker search: "Key piece of evidence" not found in landfill


    I am wondring if LE was just trying to substantiate the furnitures employees statements.

  20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mytime For This Useful Post:


  21. #236
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomey View Post
    http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ker-ar-478734/

    "Lisa Dubs confirmed Friday that she has been assigned to Baker’s case as provisional counsel. According to court records, Dubs’ role is to “Conduct a preliminary investigation, determine if the defendant is indigent and needs appointed counsel, and protect the defendant’s rights pending appointment of trial counsel.”

    "Dubs is one of about 10 Catawba County attorneys permitted to defend clients facing the death penalty. Even though Baker has not been charged with Zahra’s murder, the case has gained nationwide attention and Hurley has decided that it is appropriate to appoint Dubs because of the likelihood that Baker will eventually be charged with the crime, Dubs explained."
    BBM- Even her lawyer thinks shes going to be charged, lol.

  22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Cinderella. For This Useful Post:


  23. #237
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by Scamperoo View Post
    Why isn't Adam Baker visiting his wife and demanding a reason for the ransom note? At the very least he knows she is involved, one would think he would be spilling his guts about now. Instead he hangs around the police seemingly uninvolved and uninterested waiting for them to find something. I have a feeling he will remain stoic until and unless they get close to something and then he will pretend to fall apart. This man watched while his daughter was beaten and bullied by his wife and failed to intervene, he was complicit in her fate for this and IMO her disappearance.
    I'm thinking he must have tried to get her to stop at some point because of that account of when her hand was so swollen from hitting Zahra's prosthesis. She told 2 different people that she had to tell AB that she fell because he'd be mad if he found out she hurt it trying to hit Zahra. So there must have been some attempt there. But, I guess, at some point, maybe she threatened to leave him or something if he kept at it so he stopped and preferred to look the other way. Sickening. A lot of women do that, too, when they afraid of losing the spouse.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DLT88 For This Useful Post:


  25. #238
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    25,921
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella. View Post
    BBM- Even her lawyer thinks shes going to be charged, lol.
    It wouldn't be a giant leap. LE is conducting a homicide investigation, EB was caring for Zahra, EB allegedly admits to writing a bogus ransom note.....MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo


  26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:


  27. #239
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by peg4x4 View Post
    *sigh* At this point,if I saw a photo of EB in the kitchen making oatmeal cookies with
    Zarha,I'd think there was something awful going on..
    I hope this lovely child is found soon.
    I do, too. It may sound so sad, but she deserves a proper burial with respect. A service to honor her life. EB probably threw her out like garbage. Sometimes I think angels come down to earth to see how we treat them. EB failed that one big time.

  28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to DLT88 For This Useful Post:


  29. #240
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    3rd rock from the ☼
    Posts
    1,028
    Quote Originally Posted by DLT88 View Post
    I feel sorry for the taxpayers in NC. Same thing happened to us in CA when we got stuck with the humongous bill from the OJ trial. And then gets off scott free. I have a feeling, though, EB won't have his luck.
    Yet another attorney jumping on the 'ol 'fame and fortune bandwagon' to make a name for him or her self. WHY would any lawyer want to rep someone like this? What ever happened to personal integrity? CA, TH, EB all hire high profile attorneys but not one of these women have the means to pay anyone to represent them. Our tax dollars have much better things to do! Like educate children. I JUST don’t get it...
    The Soul is never complete; it's continually in a state of becoming more. That's why you are Forever.


    Justice for Stacy Peterson & Kathleen Savio



    Find Stacy Peterson|timeline


    Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.



    Every 16 minutes someone dies by suicide.

    Make a Difference. Save a Life. Walk in 2014
    Shedding light on the epidemic of suicide by giving survivors a voice.
    http://www.theovernight.org/

  30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NoeticSoul For This Useful Post:


  31. #241
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomey View Post
    Don't you think it's odd that the place is not quarantined off and people go into the yard to place balloons and stuffed animals in the yard? I suppose it's not a crime scene now?
    Totally!! The first week after she went missing I didn't want to drive by there much less down that road just b/c I figured it was all blocked off. I still haven't actually driven down there but I am kinda surprised.

    The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.
    -Ayn Rand

    Photo Links // Baker house // 21 21st Ave NW

    11/06/2010
    11/01/2010
    10/28/2010
    10/27/2010


  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PunKnLuV For This Useful Post:


  33. #242
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    24,302
    Quote Originally Posted by mytime View Post
    "Police said that they hoped to "use the mattress to confirm interviews with persons associated with this investigation." They also said that the mattress would be used to reinforce the timeline of Zahra's disappearance."

    http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637 - They corrected their reporting to - Zahra Baker search: "Key piece of evidence" not found in landfill


    I am wondring if LE was just trying to substantiate the furnitures employees statements.
    maybe the ladies gave her a pen? something with LOGO ?
    that would show timeline connection with furniture store???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  34. The Following User Says Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:


  35. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...medium=twitter

    How come there was so much work that Adam had to work from early morning to late at night so that he never had time to see his daughter awake but very little income?
    Since when did the mulching landscaping business work at night? They won't even work in the rain.

  36. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to SherlockHomey For This Useful Post:


  37. #244
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomey View Post
    Since when did the mulching landscaping business work at night? They won't even work in the rain.
    The ones here where I live work in all kinds of weather and I have seen them out right until the sun goes down.

  38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jenniferst For This Useful Post:


  39. #245
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    24,302
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomey View Post
    Since when did the mulching landscaping business work at night? They won't even work in the rain.
    I live in a condo community and we have a landscaping crew here, mowing grass, mulching,trimming bushes and trees, snow removal.
    They have about 6 people and they also do other condo and commercial places.
    They come at 9 am and usually leave between 3-5pm.
    Now in winter if it snows bad, they come at night, not often.
    Seems like they always have Sat/Sun off..........
    take turns during winter snow removal.

    At camp the tree guys only work daylight hours.
    The gravel man same. He quits about 7pm..........
    So AB's hours are ODD indeed!
    His poor employer trying to do a favor to an immigrant,
    probably paying under the table.........pulled into this mess
    and have IRS on his butt,
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:


  41. #246
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    3,702
    If the online ad for the lawn co is correct, they only employ 4 people. I tried to find a website for them but it appears they do not have one. Also it appears that this co has only been around for 2 years (I believe that's correct and that I remember it correctly). As far as being paid under the table I know that it does happen quite often with day labor type jobs. For instance some moving companies will pay under the table as it helps with keeping their insurance lower. Some truckers have been known to "hire" someone at a truck stop to help them unload their load and that is paid under the table. I would imagine that it would be the same for lawn care companies. (MOO)

    I remember reading that a mother who kills her child will dump the body around 3 miles from the home. We have 2 problems with that in this case. 1. Elisa is not her birth mother sonot sure if that would affect the statistic or not. 2. We are not sure where she was killed at. The 3 miles could be "starting" from anywhere. Unfortunately I feel that the only way Zahra will be found is if one of her "parents" tell LE where she is. I really wish they would go ahead and arrest Adam as well. Lock him up, play one against the other, the first one to tell the truth gets a little bit better deal. I don't want either one to walk away or get a light sentence but I do want this child found.

  42. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to TorisMom003 For This Useful Post:


  43. #247
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    24,302
    has any onre heard anything about the gooy glove the neighbor found in the back yard
    by the wood pile?
    also LE acted so sure that Zahra's little body would NOT be in landfill......why???
    Can we believe that taking the wood chipper apart piece by piece did not turn out to be evidence???
    Stories come in both positive and negative throughout this investigation, throwing us all off.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:


  45. #248
    I'm sure this is not a popular opinion on here, but I am getting worried that LE "rushed to judgement." I keep thinking that it is possible that Zahra was kidnapped. IMO, everything LE has done appears to be a dead end. Keep wondering if they conducted a grid search around Zahra's home.

  46. The Following User Says Thank You to Money Girl For This Useful Post:


  47. #249
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    I live in a condo community and we have a landscaping crew here, mowing grass, mulching,trimming bushes and trees, snow removal.
    They have about 6 people and they also do other condo and commercial places.
    They come at 9 am and usually leave between 3-5pm.
    Now in winter if it snows bad, they come at night, not often.
    Seems like they always have Sat/Sun off..........
    take turns during winter snow removal.

    At camp the tree guys only work daylight hours.
    The gravel man same. He quits about 7pm..........
    So AB's hours are ODD indeed!
    His poor employer trying to do a favor to an immigrant,
    probably paying under the table.........pulled into this mess
    and have IRS on his butt,
    If he was working on an illegal basis in some respect, be it lack of greencard or being paid cash under the table then you shouldn't be feeling sympathy for his employer. People hire immigrants in that way so they can pay them a pittance and give them poor working conditions. That AB looks less like the sort of person you might usually associate with being employed in that manner makes not a bit of difference, the dynamics are the same.

  48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reasypeasy For This Useful Post:


  49. #250
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    22,947
    Quote Originally Posted by Money Girl View Post
    I'm sure this is not a popular opinion on here, but I am getting worried that LE "rushed to judgement." I keep thinking that it is possible that Zahra was kidnapped. IMO, everything LE has done appears to be a dead end. Keep wondering if they conducted a grid search around Zahra's home.
    Can't think of any reason under the sun that EB would have written a ransom note if Zahra was kidnapped.
    Anything I post (other than a quote) is simply my own opinion.


Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #17
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 606
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 04:18 PM
  2. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #15
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 590
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 03:04 PM
  3. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #12
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 572
    Last Post: 10-16-2010, 09:16 PM
  4. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #10
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 604
    Last Post: 10-15-2010, 03:36 PM
  5. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #9
    By Salem in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 515
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 10:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •