Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #21

If he had drug charges in Australia he wouldn't be able to get a work visa for the states, as far as I know they're more lenient on other lesser crimes. As far as a passport, he'd still be on his Australian one, so I don't understand the ID pics either, they must be for another reason.

His crimes were in the US yes? We don't know what if any charges he had ever faced in Australia, one would think however, if he was in the states on a work visa that too many charges would see him on the first plane home.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

From Kimsters link....

The missing mattress, which belonged to Zahra, was thrown out by her parents in early October, days before she was reported missing, police say.

And,

Police said the girl's father, Adam Baker, also faces bad-check charges, but he has not been arrested. He is assisting police in their search.

K, so if he's HELPING, either they just missed the mattress, or he is flat lying about the when and the where of it. I assume this info came from him, and well there again if it didn't....he's not being truthful, or it would have came from him.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

4. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Thanks for posting that Teh! I was sitting here contemplating both statements too!

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER
    www.twitter.com/kimsterws

In memory of Ron Pruitt

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

I am still thinking that LE found something quickly that made them turn Zahra's case from
    missing child into homecide case so soon and so public.
    I think that LE kept that evidence to their vest and just looking for more puzzle pieces.
    I am sure some other evidence was found in the landfill.
    As for the mattress, LE took samples from many mattresses.
    They won't make it public til tests come back...........IMOO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Do many of you watch the crime shows on TV like "Snapped"? I've been noticing that oftentimes arrests aren't made until evidence comes back from the lab. That might be what we're all waiting for now.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    From Kimsters link....

The missing mattress, which belonged to Zahra, was thrown out by her parents in early October, days before she was reported missing, police say.

And,

Police said the girl's father, Adam Baker, also faces bad-check charges, but he has not been arrested. He is assisting police in their search.

K, so if he's HELPING, either they just missed the mattress, or he is flat lying about the when and the where of it. I assume this info came from him, and well there again if it didn't....he's not being truthful, or it would have came from him.
    Is that cop talk for when they have you just before you're put under arrest as in 'helping us with our inquiries' maybe EB has dropped him in it.

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

I want to add that if they believe AB was involved (and I'm strongly leaning that way myself) then they are using some psychological strategy by not arresting him.
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 10-24-2010 at 07:39 PM. Reason: quoted post

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

13. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

By not arresting him he is more able to leak info to witnesses, online, and by his actions, I really think that's the main reason he's out and about....also it would infuriate EB and she may think 'well I'm not going to take the full rap here'.

If the mattress was dumped days before, and they test the new one and she's never slept on it then they're both done.

15. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Do many of you watch the crime shows on TV like "Snapped"? I've been noticing that oftentimes arrests aren't made until evidence comes back from the lab. That might be what we're all waiting for now.
    'morning everybody!

Kimster, yes I agree with you completely. They have to have something... some sort of preliminary evidence to declare it a homicide investigation and cancel the amber alert... but awaiting definitive lab testing/search further for little Zahra's body ((I hate saying that)) to move forward further.

question: have ween seen the DA or SP hanging around any of the pressers or making any statements? ((such as in Kyron's case))?
    This bee my opinion

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by simlyme View Post
    Lisa Hires new prominent attorney, OMG ,what next,

http://primewriter.com/news-1246-headlines/?p=10752
    Where's she getting the money for the hotshot lawyer??

I have a sinking feeling this is going to turn into a circus.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

The state is paying I think reading between the lines, and only temporary until she's officially declared indigent then the court will appoint another one to take it to trial.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ase-ar-478084/

21. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    thinking out loud... bear with me....~

why end a five day search at three days? Especially a huge task such as sorting thru a specific spot in a landfill for a specific "LIST" of items (stated in media article previously linked here)?

Either they:
    1) found what they were looking for and are not disclosing that to the public
    2) they got done early searching tons of garbage

I am thinking they found something but are not disclosing it at this time to the public but that is just my opinion.
    This bee my opinion

23. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Steven Elhers, Private Investigator hired by EB's lawyers, v basic licence info, you have to scroll down, it's alphabetically listed:

http://technoshaman.com/nullsheen.co...ns/Active5.pdf

No website that I could find...guess you wouldn't. Wonder if the hiring of a PI was why some of the FB pages disappeared? I mean it would have given him a prefect start on who's who and what's what wouldn't it, or not.
    How could EB ever afford all of this?????
    They want their names out there for publicity in a good crime book!
    Pro bono?
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Lisa Dubs is widely known for representing women who’ve been accused of murdering their children. Lisa Dubs met with Elisa Baker after her unsuccessful bail hearing on Wednesday, October 20, 2010. Elisa Baker’s total bond is set at $97,200.

27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    thinking out loud... bear with me....~

why end a five day search at three days? Especially a huge task such as sorting thru a specific spot in a landfill for a specific "LIST" of items (stated in media article previously linked here)?

Either they:
    1) found what they were looking for and are not disclosing that to the public
    2) they got done early searching tons of garbage
    I am thinking they found something but are not disclosing it at this time to the public but that is just my opinion.
    BBM and ITA with 1 & 2.........LE (all special units) keeping all to their vests to get AB!!! also
    Justice for Hailey!!!!

29. The Following User Says Thank You to passionflower For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post

Lisa Dubs is widely known for representing women who’ve been accused of murdering their children. Lisa Dubs met with Elisa Baker after her unsuccessful bail hearing on Wednesday, October 20, 2010. Elisa Baker’s total bond is set at $97,200.
    I know everyone deserves a fair trial but DANG! Can you imagine being an attorney that specializes in this kind of crime?

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

Quote Originally Posted by simlyme View Post
    Oh, I hope its not true, because now Im thinking ,wouldnt that be putting the cart before the horse? Considering what Dubs specialty is.
    And why would she need that kind of attorney right now, she hasnt been charged with anything that would warrent this kind of attorney.
    Thanks for informing on that source.
    Honestly I don't want to judge her because she got one of the best attorney's to represent her. I don't equate great attorney with guilt. I will judge her because she will not open up to the investigators about ANYTHING!! I'm angry at her for all the tax dollars being spent to investigate and NOW to defend her. It's insane. I will judge her even harsher for her treatment of the child she should have loved and protected. She is sick. There are enough people/family to sketch a pretty honest and vivid character profile of this woman.

I have been on the fence about dad but the longer this goes on the angrier I get that he isn't talking or even trying to push EB to talk. I go through my head how would I react if this were my child. I'm not an outwardly affectionate person and I internalize most of my emotions BUT I can't imagine not doing something beyond going with the police to search.

The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.
    -Ayn Rand

Photo Links // Baker house // 21 21st Ave NW

11/06/2010
    11/01/2010
    10/28/2010
    10/27/2010

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to PunKnLuV For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    How could EB ever afford all of this?????
    They want their names out there for publicity in a good crime book!
    Pro bono?
    Sounds to me like the state is paying for the lot;

'North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services Director and Capital Defender Robert M. Hurley assigned Dubs to Baker’s case Monday.'

'Reilly was appointed to defend Baker on her assortment of charges unrelated to the Zahra Baker homicide investigation and the obstruction of justice charge that followed Baker’s Oct. 12 confession to police that she’d written a fake ransom note demanding $1 million.'

Not sure on the PI but he may come with one of the lawyers.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ase-ar-478084/

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

I so hope EB and AB are 'talking' here ... it sounds a little bit like it and may explain them calling off the search.

36. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

I dont live too far from the Hickory house.....and for the past hour or so....have heard and seen helicoptors continuously! Seems a little odd.

Quote Originally Posted by shopgirlnc View Post
    I dont live too far from the Hickory house.....and for the past hour or so....have heard and seen helicoptors continuously! Seems a little odd.
    Sure wish we had an online LE scanner for the area! There was a lot of activity in Kyron's case at one point and we learned from the scanner that there was an event going on.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

39. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

I have had a theory since about day one and have been hoping someone else would mention it. I'm not gonna throw it out since I have a hard time knowing what is / isn't accepted by TOS. But here are a few questions/ideas I have been bouncing around.

1) I feel that EB was using Zahra for monetary gain. I have had this feeling that someone was being allowed into the home when AB was at work. I HATE to think this but even almost 2 weeks later it is still stuck. Now that there is a mattress involved and possible DNA on it, it makes me cringe. Extremely interested in what kind of DNA and/or evidence they are looking for.

2) I don't necessarily believe that there is a mystery person from London. I agree with the person who posted in an earlier thread that EB comes off as a compulsive liar and may have wanted to make herself look important enough to get that kind of money.

3) I've wondered about the relationship between the EB, AB, and the landlord. I would like to know how much if any rent they were paying for the home on 21st Avenue. I just get all kinds of creepy feelings when I ponder on this.

I have some other things I am trying to work out but I am still working on my triple venti latte and waking up. Stayed up entirely too late this week and waking up with my little one in the morning it finally caught up with me.

(All of this is 100% my opinion and something I have been trying to work out.)
    Last edited by hoppyfrog; 10-24-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: quoted post

The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.
    -Ayn Rand

Photo Links // Baker house // 21 21st Ave NW

11/06/2010
    11/01/2010
    10/28/2010
    10/27/2010

41. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to PunKnLuV For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Sure wish we had an online LE scanner for the area! There was a lot of activity in Kyron's case at one point and we learned from the scanner that there was an event going on.
    We've only got emergency services haven't we?

43. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs G Norris For This Useful Post:

So much more we don't have and not likely to have for awhile.

Forensics
    Polygraphs
    Cell tower pings
    Land line records
    Financial records

Even if they had blood/dna or hair evidence, how would they connect it to Zahra? They're working on it. So far my best guess is the hearing aids. I think bio-moms dna will confirm any dna.

Now suppose LE filed murder charges against EB or AB and their court-appointed lawyer ask for a speedy trial. Would they have enough to convict? Maybe but maybe not. JMO

frustrating

IMO - LE is doing everything possible to bring this case to conclusion. Unless of course LaLaw lets me borrow her hoses and hammers.

IMO and all that!

45. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    We've only got emergency services haven't we?
    Yes. We were able to rewind the fire dept. going to the house for the fire in the backyard, but we don't get a feed for any police activity.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116845"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Reminder for new members: We can link and discuss the scanner forum here, but we can't quote it.

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER

In memory of Ron Pruitt

47. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast