1342 users online (272 members and 1070 guests)  

Websleuths News

NC~ Youth minister caught in sex sting/drove 100 miles to meet up with 14 yr old girl

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?se...rticle-7739677

Sex sting catches Sampson [NC] youth minister

"Deputies have charged a well-known Sampson County church youth minister with trying to meet a 14-year-old girl for sex. Thomas Elliott, 40, was arrested in Greensboro Thursday.

The Guilford County Sheriff's Office says Elliot drove over a 100 miles from Roseboro to see the teen that he met online. The teen was actually an undercover officer.

Elliott is a youth minister at Autryville Baptist Church in Roseboro. He's also an announcer for the local high school football team.

more at link (including video)

That clinches it, it's a whole new category. This reminds me of Kelly Rasmussen of Medford, Oregon. He was caught in an identical sting. Rasmussen is a well-known businessman, did all sorts of volunteer work with kids and the Rotary and did color commentary for youth sports in our valley. Got 60 days. Odd, how the pastors don't want to talk about this guy.

http://www.clintonnc.com/view/full_s...home_news_lead

It is out of character for him to do something like this,” PD [at WCLN Funtime Oldies in Clinton] said Friday. “I have nothing but good things to say about him. He is one of the finest people that I have ever met.

"...[Thomas] Elliott, who has a wife and child, worked at the station for close to six years as on-air talent doing an afternoon radio show, where Elliott was better known as “The Fly”.

“He quit about two years ago,” he said. “He left to get into the ministry because he really loved doing it and it was something he always wanted to do...."

more at link

Nicest guy...loved the kids....dedicated to his work....give you the shirt off his back. Parents, watch these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    http://www.clintonnc.com/view/full_s...home_news_lead

It is out of character for him to do something like this,” PD [at WCLN Funtime Oldies in Clinton] said Friday. “I have nothing but good things to say about him. He is one of the finest people that I have ever met.

"...[Thomas] Elliott, who has a wife and child, worked at the station for close to six years as on-air talent doing an afternoon radio show, where Elliott was better known as “The Fly”.

“He quit about two years ago,” he said. “He left to get into the ministry because he really loved doing it and it was something he always wanted to do...."

more at link

Nicest guy...loved the kids....dedicated to his work....give you the shirt off his back. Parents, watch these guys.

"Do gooders" that's what my dad would call him. Never trust a do gooder he used to say. He*l I don't trust anyone anymore.

Hmmmmmmm, now this guy drove 100 miles. He didn't bother his own kids in his youth group?

What the heck is going on?

Rasmussen drove 300. Another guy took Amtrak from the Seattle area to Portland, OR to have sex with what he thought were two little boys. I think there must be something about leaving your "home" area. Maybe it's not so awful if the child is from another town or county or state--or country. And possibly they think that nobody will recognize them entering a motel with a 14 year old.

No one except that big circle of detectives waiting at the door.

Funny, but my dad taught me the same thing about "do gooders". He told me, "If you want to do good, fine, but do it quietly. You don't do good for the recognition. Do good for your own joy."