What did John do to find the intruder?

madeleine

Reaction score
He didn't hire a profiler so he learns more about who might have done it.JD was hired for his defense.

He didn't hire PI's to look for the killer.Those were hired for his defense.

He didn't stay in Boulder where the cops needed him and his cooperation re who the killer might be.He left town.

He didn't put up a 1mil reward,he just offered 100.000,even the "kidnappers" wanted more.

They didn't publish the RN in their book ,maybe someone would have recognized the intruder's handwriting,right?

He didn't want the body exhumed,who knows what tests they would have done,what else would they have discovered about the killing.

He doesn't let his son answer questions,maybe Burke heard something,maybe he even saw the intruder,right?

So what EXACTLY did John Ramsey DO to find his daughter's killer?

Maybe he did do something and I missed it.

He said this will be his mission for the rest of his life.He said he will spend everything he has to find the killer.The only money he spent was on defense lawyers.

I know....not ALL parents act the same.....still,what did he do?Except coming up from time to time with some nonemotional ads like the last one.

I'm hoping that with the renewed interest in the investigation, we may be hearing more from Mr. Ramsey. Mr. Wood probably won't let him speak, but there will come a time when John Ramsey will have to say something. I believe this because I also believe the new investigation is not just "talk". There may be new forensic analysis that will shed light and force some of the roaches out of the wall. There are people involved here that are no longer under the Ramsey's spell (or control). Patience is what we all need right now. Heck, I've waited 14 years, what's a few more months?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-...y-exonerated-in-the-murder-of-his-daughter/3/

Then he sits up and in a stronger voice says: "As for Burke, I don't let anybody I don't know get near him." JonBenet's brother was nine years old at the time of the murder and is now a senior in college. "If anything happened to him, I wouldn't survive it.”

I am not even sure who he's talking about,who he is afraid of now that BR is a young MAN and doesn't need a bodyguard,he didn't need one back when he was 9 remember......the killer or the cops?;)

He didn't hire a profiler so he learns more about who might have done it.JD was hired for his defense.

He didn't stay in Boulder where the cops needed him and his cooperation re who the killer might be.He left town.

He didn't put up a 1mil reward,he just offered 100.000,even the "kidnappers" wanted more.

They didn't publish the RN in their book ,maybe someone would have recognized the intruder's handwriting,right?

He didn't want the body exhumed,who knows what tests they would have done,what else would they have discovered about the killing.

He doesn't let his son answer questions,maybe Burke heard something,maybe he even saw the intruder,right?

He said this will be his mission for the rest of his life.He said he will spend everything he has to find the killer.The only money he spent was on defense lawyers.

I know....not ALL parents act the same.....still,what did he do?Except coming up from time to time with some nonemotional ads like the last one.

I don't know if anyone could have said it better.

Excellent list of questions!

Maybe I dreamed this, but didn't John look out an upstairs window and see a vehicle leaving the neighborhood? But, didn't report it to the LE assembled in his house?

Yes, as you have pointed out, John's major efforts in this case seems to be gathering the best legal representives ASAP and with Patsy go on an all-out PR campaign, with tv appearances, a book, and suing media types for libel or slander.

And, let's not forget, with their attorneys, the Ramsey's set the guidelines and atmosphere for any questions they would take from LE concerning JonBenet's death and their actions that night. jmo

Excellent list of questions!

Maybe I dreamed this, but didn't John look out an upstairs window and see a vehicle leaving the neighborhood? But, didn't report it to the LE assembled in his house?

Yes, as you have pointed out, John's major efforts in this case seems to be gathering the best legal representives ASAP and with Patsy go on an all-out PR campaign, with tv appearances, a book, and suing media types for libel or slander.

And, let's not forget, with their attorneys, the Ramsey's set the guidelines and atmosphere for any questions they would take from LE concerning JonBenet's death and their actions that night. jmo

I think JR said that he went outside for "half a minute" (his words) and saw a van he didn't recognize. But, though he had just read a RANSOM NOTE, he chose not to mention this to police. Just like he chose not to tell police he had closed an unlocked basement window. WHY didn't he tell? Because there WAS NO unlocked basement window (though there was a small baseball-sized break in one glass pane which JR claimed he broke himself) and there WAS NO van.

Sometimes, I wonder what must go through JR's mind whenever he sees a policeman. I can't help but think it's like the end of The Talented Mr. Ripley. Every time he sees a policeman, he has that heart-attack moment where he thinks "this is it. This is the one! He KNOWS. He's put it all together."

Or, maybe I'm overthinking it.

I think JR said that he went outside for "half a minute" (his words) and saw a van he didn't recognize. But, though he had just read a RANSOM NOTE, he chose not to mention this to police. Just like he chose not to tell police he had closed an unlocked basement window. WHY didn't he tell? Because there WAS NO unlocked basement window (though there was a small baseball-sized break in one glass pane which JR claimed he broke himself) and there WAS NO van.

What did John do to help find the intruder? Dang it DeeDee...you took my answer. It was the only thing that I could come up with. WOW...a whole 30 seconds outside looking for his daughter and/or clues. Amazing! You know, of ALL the lies they told...what would it have hurt him to lie about this one and at least APPEAR that he took more time looking for his daughter. I mean, he could have said...30 min, or an hour. That would have been way more believable. Why waste your time looking outside for 30 sec. ?? You can't even walk around that whole house in 30 seconds... That's not even worth stepping outside in the cold for. IMO

Let's take one step back. There is a kidnapping suspect. You have no idea who he is, where he is, if he is watching you, having time to write a 2 1/2 page ransom note IN your home. Who knows, did they install cameras to watch your movements? Did they bug your phones?

You have NO idea who they are, where they are or what else they've planned. Do you get your family out of the house? To a friend or just a neighbors house? Do you wake up your son, ready to protect him, take him EVERYWHERE with you, or have him guarded?

Nope, you read the note, placing it on the floor, get dressed, have Patsy call police, leave your other child alone in his room, despite the fact that you have NO idea whether anyone else is in your home or not. Call your friends and Pastor to come over immediately, even though you have no idea who, if anyone is in the house.

You do all of this, thereby sealing your daughters death, per the ransom note.

Sorry folks IMO only, this is the biggest crock of bullpucky in this case. It screams of inside knowledge of what happened. The Ramsey's showed NO fear!

Sometimes, I wonder what must go through JR's mind whenever he sees a policeman. I can't help but think it's like the end of The Talented Mr. Ripley. Every time he sees a policeman, he has that heart-attack moment where he thinks "this is it. This is the one! He KNOWS. He's put it all together."

Nah, I doubt it...he knows he and Patsy got away with murder.

One more question. When someone is killed, an average everyday Joe, and someone refuses to speak with police, refuses to give information or articles to the police, or purgers themselves, can they not be placed in contempt? Correct me if I am wrong please, but how in heavens name have the Ramsey's gotten away with all of this stuff? Last time I checked, the police had the right to question anyone under 'an umbrella of suspicion'. But maybe that only applies to us commoners.

Let's take one step back. There is a kidnapping suspect. You have no idea who he is, where he is, if he is watching you, having time to write a 2 1/2 page ransom note IN your home. Who knows, did they install cameras to watch your movements? Did they bug your phones?

You have NO idea who they are, where they are or what else they've planned. Do you get your family out of the house? To a friend or just a neighbors house? Do you wake up your son, ready to protect him, take him EVERYWHERE with you, or have him guarded?

Nope, you read the note, placing it on the floor, get dressed, have Patsy call police, leave your other child alone in his room, despite the fact that you have NO idea whether anyone else is in your home or not. Call your friends and Pastor to come over immediately, even though you have no idea who, if anyone is in the house.

You do all of this, thereby sealing your daughters death, per the ransom note.

Sorry folks IMO only, this is the biggest crock of bullpucky in this case. It screams of inside knowledge of what happened. The Ramsey's showed NO fear!

Excellent...couldn't have said it better myself! (Yes, the "kidnapper" could still be in the home, so lets just call over the Pastor and friends....and just let Burke sleep...he needs his rest...he is a growing boy, and had a long night, with it being Christmas and all. Nevermind the fact that the kidnapper could be hiding in his room, under his bed, in his closet....
lets just let him sleep, and call over all of our friends. (IMO...they did it to 1. Contaminate the crime scene. 2. Dispurse THEIR fibers all over the place...make it a little more difficult for police. )

One more question. When someone is killed, an average everyday Joe, and someone refuses to speak with police, refuses to give information or articles to the police, or purgers themselves, can they not be placed in contempt? Correct me if I am wrong please, but how in heavens name have the Ramsey's gotten away with all of this stuff? Last time I checked, the police had the right to question anyone under 'an umbrella of suspicion'. But maybe that only applies to us commoners.

Apparently they are "special".

No one HAS TO talk to police. Even a suspect. That is the first sentence in the "Miranda Rights" that are read to every person that is arrested: "You have the right to remain silent". They can refuse to turn over evidence, but if a judge grants a warrant, police can seize what they want. In this case, the DA refused to ask for warrants for MUCH of what the police needed, phone records being just one thing.
No one can be held "in contempt" of court if there IS no court (i.e. trial). There was no trial in this case.
The police have the right to ASK to question anyone they want, but the person does not have to agree and can have their lawyer present if they do agree.
The only time a person MUST appear before LE to be questioned is when they are subpoenaed to appear before a Grand Jury. Then, they must appear and they cannot have a lawyer present when they are questioned. BUT they still do not have to answer questions...they can invoke their Fifth Amendment right to "refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate" themselves. They can "take the fifth".

In every LE interview he states that he meets with them to discuss what's new,what his investigators found out about who might have done it,that he wants to cooperate and help.But then in 2001 he admits under oath in his depo that those investigators where hired to prepare his defense and not to look for the killer.So isn't this actually lying to LE?
anyway,disgusting.

No one HAS TO talk to police. Even a suspect. That is the first sentence in the "Miranda Rights" that are read to every person that is arrested: "You have the right to remain silent". They can refuse to turn over evidence, but if a judge grants a warrant, police can seize what they want. In this case, the DA refused to ask for warrants for MUCH of what the police needed, phone records being just one thing.
No one can be held "in contempt" of court if there IS no court (i.e. trial). There was no trial in this case.
The police have the right to ASK to question anyone they want, but the person does not have to agree and can have their lawyer present if they do agree.
The only time a person MUST appear before LE to be questioned is when they are subpoenaed to appear before a Grand Jury. Then, they must appear and they cannot have a lawyer present when they are questioned. BUT they still do not have to answer questions...they can invoke their Fifth Amendment right to "refuse to answer on the grounds that it may incriminate" themselves. They can "take the fifth".

I guess my biggest question would be: Why weren't the Ramsey's subpeoned to testify before the Grand Jury. Of all the nonsensical things that took place in this case, that is the one thing I just don't understand. I know they would have pleaded the fifth on just about every question, but that in and of itself would have proved, for me anyway, their involvement.

Or just really wishing it!

I guess my biggest question would be: Why weren't the Ramsey's subpeoned to testify before the Grand Jury. Of all the nonsensical things that took place in this case, that is the one thing I just don't understand. I know they would have pleaded the fifth on just about every question, but that in and of itself would have proved, for me anyway, their involvement.

That's a question for DA AH. It was "decided" not to subpoena the Rs. But if I am not mistaken, BR did testify (not in person, though). Maybe after that they felt it was pointless.

I've been lurking here for years. I have been over at FFJ with this case for years too. I'm no expert at all but to answer your question about the R's not testifying before the GJ...well I believe that there was in effect at that time a rule that GJ testimony transcripts could then be given to the parties that testified afterwords. So by not calling them they would not have transcripts to pour over later to get their stories straight. Does that make sense the way I explained it? And further I believe that that rule is no longer in effect. But back then it would have been so easy for the Ramseys to get ahold of it and easily tell the same story.

They did often tell different stories as we have all seen over the years.

I always found it strange that there was nothing set up in JonBenet's memory considering how huge her case is. There's no foundation, law, scholarship, or even an official website about JonBenet. Why? John and Patsy (when she was alive) would already have the advantage of free publicity if they were to set up a foundation since it wouldn't be too difficult to get the national media to give it some publicity.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back