1382 users online (246 members and 1136 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

The Balcony Adjoining JBRs Bedroom

It just struck me from looking at some of the photos and plans of the house, that there is an open balcony with a door opening into JBRs room. It came to my attention because I noticed the curtains on the window in her bedroom were open and I thought that was odd.

I searched for any information but there has been very little discussion about the balcony. Unconfirmed reports that the door to the balcony was open. Footprints in the dust were noticed but apparently not followed up on. Some tape on the door, don't know where or what type.

This must be a possible point of entry, but for some reason people are under the impression that a perp could not climb unaided onto a first floor balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by MurriFlower View Post
    It just struck me from looking at some of the photos and plans of the house, that there is an open balcony with a door opening into JBRs room. It came to my attention because I noticed the curtains on the window in her bedroom were open and I thought that was odd.

I searched for any information but there has been very little discussion about the balcony. Unconfirmed reports that the door to the balcony was open. Footprints in the dust were noticed but apparently not followed up on. Some tape on the door, don't know where or what type.

This must be a possible point of entry, but for some reason people are under the impression that a perp could not climb unaided onto a first floor balcony.
    If that is the case...as an IDI...how would you explain the broken window and the glass in the basement and the suitcase under the window? Never had heard anything about an open balcony door before, or the tape, etc.
    "This time we get it right."

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    If that is the case...as an IDI...how would you explain the broken window and the glass in the basement and the suitcase under the window? Never had heard anything about an open balcony door before, or the tape, etc.
    No, me either.

Here is the plan of the house with the picture of the outside. JBR's bedroom was off the open first floor balcony.

No, me either.

Here is the plan of the house with the picture of the outside. JBR's bedroom was off the open first floor balcony.

Thanks! Man, you are good...and FAST!!!! LOL

What is the source for the open balcony door and tape?

Quote Originally Posted by Nehemiah View Post
    What is the source for the open balcony door and tape?
    I just googled it.

In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    JB and BR's bedroom were on the (middle) second floor. That diagram actually says "second floor". The parents' room was on the top, or third floor. However, some people call the first floor the "ground floor" and the next floor up is called the first floor. To me, and most people in the US, the first floor is the ground floor. It wouldn't have been that easy to climb onto that balcony without a ladder.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    JB and BR's bedroom were on the (middle) second floor. That diagram actually says "second floor". The parents' room was on the top, or third floor. However, some people call the first floor the "ground floor" and the next floor up is called the first floor. To me, and most people in the US, the first floor is the ground floor. It wouldn't have been that easy to climb onto that balcony without a ladder.
    Two agile young men would be up there in seconds.

Two agile young men would be up there in seconds.
    I am sure they checked it for evidence...and we would have heard if they had found anything...I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ames View Post
    I am sure they checked it for evidence...and we would have heard if they had found anything...I think.
    "JBR Balcony. According to the Bonita Papers: "Footprints were found in the dust on the deck of the balcony outside JonBenet's bedroom. The impressions ranged from tennis shoes, running shoes, hiking boots and a child's bare feet positioned to look over the edge. However, this inspection was done after the frost had cleared after the morning of the murder. Reports by officers the morning of December 26 stated that there were no footprints were visible in the frost coating of the balcony.""

"JBR Balcony. According to the Bonita Papers: "Footprints were found in the dust on the deck of the balcony outside JonBenet's bedroom. The impressions ranged from tennis shoes, running shoes, hiking boots and a child's bare feet positioned to look over the edge. However, this inspection was done after the frost had cleared after the morning of the murder. Reports by officers the morning of December 26 stated that there were no footprints were visible in the frost coating of the balcony.""
    Do we know for sure if the balcony door was open or not...or is that just something floating around out there.

...if it wasn't for the R's behavior,their lies and the changing stories,I would be 100% IDI,it is so much easier and makes so much more sense if an IDI.I think the balcony would be a possible point of entry but most IDI's believe the intruder spend hours inside of the house to write the note etc,so it wouldn't really make much sense if that was point of entry.If that was point of entry wouldn't he have waited to gain entry until they were home and asleep and then just snatched JonBenet instead of going in through the balcony then going downstairs to write the note etc until they came home?

....maybe BR let someone inside from the balcony that night?

Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    ....maybe BR let someone inside from the balcony that night?
    I doubt it...I doubt that the door was even open. I have NEVER heard that before. Just a rumor...IMO And the foot prints that MF talks about...they could have been left at anytime. There are probably a ton of foot prints on our deck, all made by members of my family. Footprints on the balcony doesn't prove that someone came in that way and took her.

Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    ...if it wasn't for the R's behavior,their lies and the changing stories,I would be 100% IDI,it is so much easier and makes so much more sense if an IDI.I think the balcony would be a possible point of entry but most IDI's believe the intruder spend hours inside of the house to write the note etc,so it wouldn't really make much sense if that was point of entry.If that was point of entry wouldn't he have waited to gain entry until they were home and asleep and then just snatched JonBenet instead of going in through the balcony then going downstairs to write the note etc until they came home?
    I agree. This intruder supposedly knew that the Ramsey's were not home...and came in, spent several hours...and wrote a three page RN. Why climb up to a balcony that most likely had a locked door (that time would have been wasted, and tiring)... come into the bedroom of a girl that he knew wasn't home....go downstairs, write a three page RN...etc. Yes, if his intentions were to sneak in, while everyone was sleeping....and kidnap her and leave...the balcony entrance would make more sense.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast