David Cooper: aka Darrell Kirkwood

stimpster

Reaction score
It's probably long irrelevant, but I had a run in with Darrell Kirkwood this week trying to do a business transaction. I googled him unknowing his Jon Benet Ramsey connection, and when information came up about his confession I remembered it. He was not on his meds in our conversation and he was WAY out in fantasy land.

If anyone wants to hear the whole story I will post it, but it's probably too off-topic.

Another unrelated tidbit: I was in Boulder on Christmas day 1996 (visiting my cousins in Denver). When I read the new story the next morning when it happened, my initial reaction was that John knew what happened or was directly involved. But, that was just my initial gut reaction with no basis of fact.

Over Thanksgiving in 2008 we went by the old Ramsey house and took some good pictures, if anyone cares to see them I can post them.

Gary in Indianapolis

It's probably long irrelevant, but I had a run in with Darrell Kirkwood this week trying to do a business transaction. I googled him unknowing his Jon Benet Ramsey connection, and when information came up about his confession I remembered it. He was not on his meds in our conversation and he was WAY out in fantasy land.

If anyone wants to hear the whole story I will post it, but it's probably too off-topic.

Another unrelated tidbit: I was in Boulder on Christmas day 1996 (visiting my cousins in Denver). When I read the new story the next morning when it happened, my initial reaction was that John knew what happened or was directly involved. But, that was just my initial gut reaction with no basis of fact.

Over Thanksgiving in 2008 we went by the old Ramsey house and took some good pictures, if anyone cares to see them I can post them.

Gary in Indianapolis

Yes, yes, and yes again.

Kirkwood served a purpose, though not one he meant to, I'm sure, in this case. John Ramsey, long "hunting" that old intruder, ended up hanging up on Kirkwood, the story went, because Kirkwood was asking for $5K.

You know there's an intruder out there and you have someone ready to confess and instead of helping set up a sting with $5K--which you should get back, anyhow--you hang up on the guy?

Right. Yet another example of how JR really wasn't all that keen on finding any intruder, IMO.

So sure, we're here, nothing but time...in this case, anyhow. Tell us about Kirkwood, and thanks in advance.

Do you know people who still live in Boulder? Any gossip you want to share on that? Maybe how the general public sees this circus, 14 years later?

Photos would be great, as well.

Why, you're just a treasure trove, aren't you?

Gary in Indianapolis

If you have one of the balcony outside JBR's room, that would be appreciated.

I post my story and photos tonight or tomorrow... at work now.

Thanks, Gary

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back