907 users online (157 members and 750 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,579

    Why I Believe Patsy Is Guilty Of Cover-Up VS Murder!

    I have been an RN for 19 years now. I have cared for many patients, in many situations, different settings, with many diagnosis.

    Cancer is a scary word, even a scarier diagnosis. Stage 4 cancer, is the worst diagnosis that is ever given.

    http://www.cancerandcareers.org/wome...FcFk7AodPDVa1w

    Here is a little information.

    Cancer is not influenced by wealth, power or social standing. It strikes everyone. White, black, Hispanic, Jew, gentile. There are no known people who are not ever struck by cancer.

    I have worked with literally thousands of cancer patients. Pediatric to elderly patients. Usually, there will at first be fear and anger at the diagnosis stage. After this is worked through, if the patient lives long enough, it means treatment. Treatment is often harsh, but it brings hope.

    The next stage, if a person is lucky enough to go into remission, is a feeling of relief, a fear of reoccurrence and a new appreciation of life, loved ones and the gift of additional time.

    Patsy had been through stage 4 cancer. At the time of Jon Benet's death, she had made peace with many things in her life. Did she enjoy the fact that her daughter wet the bed, or messed her pants? No, there isn't a parent alive who would enjoy that. Would Patsy kill Jon Benet over that? I could never believe that.

    She spent time with her children. I am sure more so with Jon Benet, but I haven't ever read about Burke being abused by Patsy. Maybe he didn't get The lavish attention, the same as his sister, I'm sure he was jealous, but I don't feel he was abused. I've read that Patsy spent a lot of time on the second floor, playing with the children.

    To Patsy, I have a strong feeling she knew she was living on borrowed time. That makes life and those people in your life precious.

    This also means that if she lost her baby, her only girl, her beauty queen, spitfire, ball of energy, that she would be crushed, devastated and willing to do almost anything to 'save' the remaining people she loves. They are her legacy and will carry her forward in their memories.

    This may sound mushy and over dramatic, but after 19 years of patient care, family members and friends who have died of cancer, I have seen how it changes people, how it makes them value life.

    I apologize for the length of this post. Even after so many words I am not sure that I explained my feelings adequately. I just see Patsy, capable of doing anything as a mama she bear to defend the child she has left, help cover up a crime she is up to her eyeballs in, by writing the ransom letter, but I will never believe that she herself killed Jon Benet.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    I agree, SunnieRN, to a point. That's because I don't believe Patsy intentionally hurt JonBenet. I say hurt because I believe she inflicted the head wound although it was intended for John. I also don't believe she intended to kill John, but she did want to hurt him really bad, just like he had just hurt her and JonBenet. I believe she thought she had killed JB by accident (even though she wasn't dead) and then they had to do the rest. Being an RN, I'm sure you have seen plenty of patients who were declared legally brain dead. You would know that by looking at them (especially if their eyes are open) that they are already gone even if they still have a faint heartbeat. This is what I believe Patsy saw that night and maybe she always believed that she is the one who killed her. I believe whoever did the strangulation is the murderer and I can't believe it was Patsy. To me John has always seemed cold blooded enough to have inflicted that wound. I'll stop now. Just wanted to let you know that I in no way believe that Patsy would have deliberatly hurt JonBenet.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    There is something that I've wondered about over the years. Wonder what would have happened if the weapon had hit the intented target? Would Patsy have called 911 and told them that she had just caught her husband molesting her little girl and hit him with a maglight (baseball bat, golfclub, whatever)? Just another question to add to the list that grows everyday.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,579
    Wow, now that is another theory that sound extremely possible! I still can't shake the feeling that it was Burke, who molested Jon Benet, however.

    I appreciate your thoughts!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Somewhere In Time
    Posts
    5,838
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    I have been an RN for 19 years now. I have cared for many patients, in many situations, different settings, with many diagnosis.

    Cancer is a scary word, even a scarier diagnosis. Stage 4 cancer, is the worst diagnosis that is ever given.

    http://www.cancerandcareers.org/wome...FcFk7AodPDVa1w

    Here is a little information.

    Cancer is not influenced by wealth, power or social standing. It strikes everyone. White, black, Hispanic, Jew, gentile. There are no known people who are not ever struck by cancer.

    I have worked with literally thousands of cancer patients. Pediatric to elderly patients. Usually, there will at first be fear and anger at the diagnosis stage. After this is worked through, if the patient lives long enough, it means treatment. Treatment is often harsh, but it brings hope.

    The next stage, if a person is lucky enough to go into remission, is a feeling of relief, a fear of reoccurrence and a new appreciation of life, loved ones and the gift of additional time.

    Patsy had been through stage 4 cancer. At the time of Jon Benet's death, she had made peace with many things in her life. Did she enjoy the fact that her daughter wet the bed, or messed her pants? No, there isn't a parent alive who would enjoy that. Would Patsy kill Jon Benet over that? I could never believe that.

    She spent time with her children. I am sure more so with Jon Benet, but I haven't ever read about Burke being abused by Patsy. Maybe he didn't get The lavish attention, the same as his sister, I'm sure he was jealous, but I don't feel he was abused. I've read that Patsy spent a lot of time on the second floor, playing with the children.

    To Patsy, I have a strong feeling she knew she was living on borrowed time. That makes life and those people in your life precious.

    This also means that if she lost her baby, her only girl, her beauty queen, spitfire, ball of energy, that she would be crushed, devastated and willing to do almost anything to 'save' the remaining people she loves. They are her legacy and will carry her forward in their memories.

    This may sound mushy and over dramatic, but after 19 years of patient care, family members and friends who have died of cancer, I have seen how it changes people, how it makes them value life.

    I apologize for the length of this post. Even after so many words I am not sure that I explained my feelings adequately. I just see Patsy, capable of doing anything as a mama she bear to defend the child she has left, help cover up a crime she is up to her eyeballs in, by writing the ransom letter, but I will never believe that she herself killed Jon Benet.
    Neither do I....intentionally.
    "This time we get it right."

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    I have been an RN for 19 years now. I have cared for many patients, in many situations, different settings, with many diagnosis.

    Cancer is a scary word, even a scarier diagnosis. Stage 4 cancer, is the worst diagnosis that is ever given.

    http://www.cancerandcareers.org/wome...FcFk7AodPDVa1w

    Here is a little information.

    Cancer is not influenced by wealth, power or social standing. It strikes everyone. White, black, Hispanic, Jew, gentile. There are no known people who are not ever struck by cancer.

    I have worked with literally thousands of cancer patients. Pediatric to elderly patients. Usually, there will at first be fear and anger at the diagnosis stage. After this is worked through, if the patient lives long enough, it means treatment. Treatment is often harsh, but it brings hope.

    The next stage, if a person is lucky enough to go into remission, is a feeling of relief, a fear of reoccurrence and a new appreciation of life, loved ones and the gift of additional time.

    Patsy had been through stage 4 cancer. At the time of Jon Benet's death, she had made peace with many things in her life. Did she enjoy the fact that her daughter wet the bed, or messed her pants? No, there isn't a parent alive who would enjoy that. Would Patsy kill Jon Benet over that? I could never believe that.

    She spent time with her children. I am sure more so with Jon Benet, but I haven't ever read about Burke being abused by Patsy. Maybe he didn't get The lavish attention, the same as his sister, I'm sure he was jealous, but I don't feel he was abused. I've read that Patsy spent a lot of time on the second floor, playing with the children.

    To Patsy, I have a strong feeling she knew she was living on borrowed time. That makes life and those people in your life precious.

    This also means that if she lost her baby, her only girl, her beauty queen, spitfire, ball of energy, that she would be crushed, devastated and willing to do almost anything to 'save' the remaining people she loves. They are her legacy and will carry her forward in their memories.

    This may sound mushy and over dramatic, but after 19 years of patient care, family members and friends who have died of cancer, I have seen how it changes people, how it makes them value life.

    I apologize for the length of this post. Even after so many words I am not sure that I explained my feelings adequately. I just see Patsy, capable of doing anything as a mama she bear to defend the child she has left, help cover up a crime she is up to her eyeballs in, by writing the ransom letter, but I will never believe that she herself killed Jon Benet.
    I'm a retired RN with 15 years, 5 in the ER and the balance in various psychiatric settings. I think Patsy had more going on than cancer both before and after her diagnosis and treatment. As you point out, the diagnosis itself is devastating, impacting the patient as well as the family on many different levels.

    I believe Patsy was (undiagnosed) bi-polar and also suffered from histrionic personality disorder. These disorders along with her cancer diagnosis, created an incredibly stressful situation for her. A "bombshell" if you will. In interviews subsequent to the murder it was mentioned that she was taking Prozac. Additionally, when John and Patsy were "shopping" for someone to administer a polygraph, they ruled out individuals who insisted a drug screen be given prior to testing.

    In 1996-7 it was not known that the administration of SSRI's in patient's with bi-polar disorder could exacerbate mania. Prozac is an SSRI. To date, I have not found a source which can provide information on any other medications Patsy was taking prior to and after the murder so it is impossible to examine what interactions or side effects these medications may have had.

    Just as cancer is not influenced by wealth, power, or social standing, mental illness knows no boundaries. IMO the cancer diagnosis and treatment would have been more easily accepted by her and her friends and family than a comorbid psychiatric disorder.

    The behavior of a person affected by undiagnosed and untreated mental disorders can be shocking. Unfortunately, I think Patsy was one.

  7. #7
    excellent post Bobbarita,to me PR intentionally( because of things going on in her head,maybe prior abuse against herself,her believe that death is victory etc) killing JB makes a lot more sense then the accidental death followed by staging.I can't imagine that at all...how could someone in their right mind stage the body of their child after unintentionally causing her death?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SW Florida
    Posts
    490
    Quote Originally Posted by claudicici View Post
    excellent post Bobbarita,to me PR intentionally( because of things going on in her head,maybe prior abuse against herself,her believe that death is victory etc) killing JB makes a lot more sense then the accidental death followed by staging.I can't imagine that at all...how could someone in their right mind stage the body of their child after unintentionally causing her death?
    Claudicici, IMO your consideration of "right mind" raises important considerations. If we allow for the possibility that Patsy was suffering from mental as well as physical issues which may have caused her to reach a "breaking point", it doesn't necessarily mean that she had totally lost the ability to reason. "Temporary insanity" has been used as a successful defense in more than one instance. And I believe "temporary insanity" to be real.

    IMO whatever the catalyst was---JonBenet's wetting the bed, JonBenet objecting to being cleaned up, JonBenet and a family member being discovered in a compromising position, or fill in any other possibility---it was the proverbial "straw that broke the camel's back". Patsy acted out in an impulsive and frenzied moment. She was temporarily insane. When the moment was over she realized what she had done. Panic, regret and remorse set in. She was embarrassed and ashamed. What to do? The staging followed. At that point no one was thinking clearly. They did not perceive it as "staging", they were just trying to come up with a scenario into which a dead JonBenet fit. Just my opinion...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    1,897
    Good morning, everyone! This thread is leading me to remember a thread that SuperDave started a few months ago and is very relevant here. If you haven't seen it, please take a look. It has some great information!

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97503"]JBR, PR and UMI - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]


    It's all about the fact that Patsy may have had a Undiagnosed Mental Illness.
    Last edited by joeskidbeck; 10-25-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Spelling, once again.
    "This Time We Get it Right!"

    "For those who believe, no proof is necessary.
    For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." Stuart Chase

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    12,914
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    Good morning, everyone! This thread is leading me to remember a thread that SuperDave started a few months ago and is very relevant here. If you haven't seen it, please take a look. It has some great information!

    JBR, PR and UMI - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community


    It's all about the fact that Patsy may have had a Undiagnosed Mental Illness.
    I knew it wouldn't take long for that one to come up again. Thanks, beck. I was thinking about it just today.

    SunnieRN, I don't doubt what you say. But I've lived with it, too, since I was 10 years old. I know what it does to people. It makes you different.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by SunnieRN View Post
    I have been an RN for 19 years now. I have cared for many patients, in many situations, different settings, with many diagnosis.

    Cancer is a scary word, even a scarier diagnosis. Stage 4 cancer, is the worst diagnosis that is ever given.

    http://www.cancerandcareers.org/wome...FcFk7AodPDVa1w

    Here is a little information.

    Cancer is not influenced by wealth, power or social standing. It strikes everyone. White, black, Hispanic, Jew, gentile. There are no known people who are not ever struck by cancer.

    I have worked with literally thousands of cancer patients. Pediatric to elderly patients. Usually, there will at first be fear and anger at the diagnosis stage. After this is worked through, if the patient lives long enough, it means treatment. Treatment is often harsh, but it brings hope.

    The next stage, if a person is lucky enough to go into remission, is a feeling of relief, a fear of reoccurrence and a new appreciation of life, loved ones and the gift of additional time.

    Patsy had been through stage 4 cancer. At the time of Jon Benet's death, she had made peace with many things in her life. Did she enjoy the fact that her daughter wet the bed, or messed her pants? No, there isn't a parent alive who would enjoy that. Would Patsy kill Jon Benet over that? I could never believe that.

    She spent time with her children. I am sure more so with Jon Benet, but I haven't ever read about Burke being abused by Patsy. Maybe he didn't get The lavish attention, the same as his sister, I'm sure he was jealous, but I don't feel he was abused. I've read that Patsy spent a lot of time on the second floor, playing with the children.

    To Patsy, I have a strong feeling she knew she was living on borrowed time. That makes life and those people in your life precious.

    This also means that if she lost her baby, her only girl, her beauty queen, spitfire, ball of energy, that she would be crushed, devastated and willing to do almost anything to 'save' the remaining people she loves. They are her legacy and will carry her forward in their memories.

    This may sound mushy and over dramatic, but after 19 years of patient care, family members and friends who have died of cancer, I have seen how it changes people, how it makes them value life.

    I apologize for the length of this post. Even after so many words I am not sure that I explained my feelings adequately. I just see Patsy, capable of doing anything as a mama she bear to defend the child she has left, help cover up a crime she is up to her eyeballs in, by writing the ransom letter, but I will never believe that she herself killed Jon Benet.
    You said exactly how I feel. Having a background in nursing as well, I agree with you. I was just unable to put it into words as you have.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by joeskidbeck View Post
    There is something that I've wondered about over the years. Wonder what would have happened if the weapon had hit the intented target? Would Patsy have called 911 and told them that she had just caught her husband molesting her little girl and hit him with a maglight (baseball bat, golfclub, whatever)? Just another question to add to the list that grows everyday.

    Why not tell the truth?

    If it was accidental she still caught a sex offender in her own home. She can admit to what she did and it would be very understandable as an accident if she calls the police. She lost it when she saw what was going on and struck out and missed her target. I doubt anyone would convict and give her any time on manslaughter as her cancer, her other child and her cooperation in convicting a child molester. She stood a better chance at "getting away" with it and gaining public sympathy if she called the police if this was the case.

    By not calling it looks intentional.
    I don't think Patsy would have intended any ill will towards JB.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    400
    I can see a different reason the R's would have staged but it is a big stretch.


    They don't know who killed JB but they did find her body earlier than said and staged or changed the basement scene.

    They suspect their son could have been the culprit but they aren't certain. They do wake him, they do make him aware of her death, they question him and cannot get answers that reassure them he is not the culprit. They threaten him with calling the police and having him locked away for life. He doesn't break or he is innocent.
    They see what evidence--pineapple on table, flashlight out on counter. Items they thought were put away. Items they suspect Burke of getting out as he knew of their existence.

    Something else convinces them he may not be the culprit , perhaps she was posed in a sexually suggestive manner and they don't deem him old enough to know what that means or do something that heinous.

    If they moved her body they did pose her the correct way on the floor as they found her, much harder to do than say to unpose the sexual suggestion and wrap her in the blanket. It would not be as easily detectable at autopsy as a movement in the body would.

    They really come down hard on Burke and decide we are going to have to call the police but before we do we are going to have a little insurance policy that will throw all suspicion away from him till we can get him counseled and see if he is really telling the truth.

    In this scenario Burke or IDI could be the culprit and the adult R's are guilty of obstruction, tampering with a crime scene etc.

    What do you think could have made the R's suspect Burke?

    During the investigation didn't his hidden ( he was grounded from it) pocket knife come up missing. Could JB have been holding it?
    The other items being out-the pineapple and the flashlight.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    In the Federal Witness Protection Program
    Posts
    8,022
    I simply cannot imagine ANY parent(s) finding the murdered body of their little girl and deciding to stage her murder and manipulate her body when they don't know what happened but think their son MIGHT have done it?

    And how would they know where she was? After finding her they leave her in the basement and hide her in the WC. Keep in mind that her livor mortis pattern indicates she was NOT moved after death.
    So what you mean is Patsy wrote the note so no one would suspect her son, but she didn't really know if it was her son, and she and her husband decided to let him sleep anyway instead of waking him and asking him and....


    oh, never mind. Pointless to continue.

    Innocent parents would CALL POLICE after finding the body of their murdered little girl. Period.
    THIS time, we get it RIGHT!

    This post is my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy or take it anywhere else.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,091

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeDee249 View Post
    I simply cannot imagine ANY parent(s) finding the murdered body of their little girl and deciding to stage her murder and manipulate her body when they don't know what happened but think their son MIGHT have done it?

    And how would they know where she was? After finding her they leave her in the basement and hide her in the WC. Keep in mind that her livor mortis pattern indicates she was NOT moved after death.
    So what you mean is Patsy wrote the note so no one would suspect her son, but she didn't really know if it was her son, and she and her husband decided to let him sleep anyway instead of waking him and asking him and....


    oh, never mind. Pointless to continue.

    Innocent parents would CALL POLICE after finding the body of their murdered little girl. Period.
    That's exactly why I think John or Patsy or some combination of the two of them killed JB. They are both in it so deep that they have to cover for the other. My gut feeling based on my experiences, is that John killed her, but at the very minimum Patsy helped with the staging and the RN. I'm just surprised that John isn't throwing Patsy under the bus now that she's dead. It seems he's still managing to keep a tight leash on Burke, even though he's now an adult. Wonder if it's a financial hold, or through fear/guilt... Those ties can be very strong. My parents oftentimes tried to bribe me even when I was an adult, or guilt-trip me.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 211
    Last Post: 11-04-2016, 11:56 PM
  2. GUILTY CT - Sheila Davalloo of NY guilty in love triangle murder, attempted murder
    By Casshew in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-21-2015, 02:32 AM
  3. Penn State Sandusky cover-up: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #8
    By wfgodot in forum Jerry Sandusky General Discussion threads
    Replies: 770
    Last Post: 04-20-2012, 12:29 PM