1018 users online (237 members and 781 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Stacie Lutz Anderson, 30, Harris County, 1999

http://www.khou.com/news/Deputies-Wo...105678173.html

According to court documents, deputies received a tip about a body in a barrel at the home of Dennis Anderson, so an officer went out to the 7500 block of Split Oak Court on Friday to investigate.

Please God, don't let this be AL

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?se...cal&id=7744456

Authorities are looking for Anderson so they can question him about the body. Anderson, 64, has been charged with tampering with a corpse. Bail has been set at $50,000.

Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

snip
    Jason Clark of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice confirmed that Anderson has been convicted twice before on murder charges - once in 1972, and again in 1973. Both times he was sentenced to life in prison

I don't get it??? this is in Texas. Lot more to this story.

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    Please God, don't let this be AL

Authorities are looking for Anderson so they can question him about the body. Anderson, 64, has been charged with tampering with a corpse. Bail has been set at $50,000.
    I'm drawing a blank here -- who's AL?

TX - Stacie Lutz Anderson, 30, Harris County, 1999

According to court documents, the barrel appeared to be old and rusted and had some black paint on it. The bolts at the top of the barrel also appeared to be rusty.

Dirt was placed inside the barrel on top of the female body. The victim's legs had been tied together with what appeared to be weed eater line. Line was tied around the woman's neck as well. The body was wrapped in a bed sheet, and then two black trash bags were wrapped around there. According to investigators, the body appeared to have been decaying for several months.

The remains have been sent to forensics for identification and a cause of death.

Authorities are looking for [Dennis] Anderson so they can question him about the body. Anderson, 64, has been charged with tampering with a corpse. Bail has been set at $50,000.

Jason Clark of the Texas Department of Criminal Justice confirmed that Anderson has been convicted twice before on murder charges - once in 1972, and again in 1973. Both times he was sentenced to life in prison.

We've also learned that Anderson has an arson conviction and two theft convictions, one of which was as recent as last July when he served less than a month in custody.
    Last edited by Salem; 04-29-2011 at 12:31 AM. Reason: add mo/year

snip I found
    Anderson was paroled in 1989 after serving nearly 17 years in prison on the Bell County homicide conviction and was ordered to remain on lifelong parole supervision in Harris County, state records show. No further information on the 1972 killing was immediately available today Monday

I wonder who the tip came from, the roommate maybe?

In Texas I believe a life sentence can be as short as 25 years, but I'm still searching for confirmation. I'll post when I find it.

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    I'm drawing a blank here -- who's AL?
    she has a thread here,

http://www.lrcf.net/missing/1551/1551.html

Here's an item from the Houston Chronicle's blog section: http://blogs.chron.com/newswatch/201...A+NewsWatch%29

It says the tipster indicated that Anderson moved the barrel when he moved from state to state, which would imply somebody who had been missing a lot longer than AL. And presumably someone not from Texas?

Quote Originally Posted by carbuff View Post
    Here's an item from the Houston Chronicle's blog section: http://blogs.chron.com/newswatch/201...A+NewsWatch%29

It says the tipster indicated that Anderson moved the barrel when he moved from state to state, which would imply somebody who had been missing a lot longer than AL. And presumably someone not from Texas?
    Thank you Carbuff, when I read north Harris County and the barrel had been there several months, my mind went to her.

According to the link you found, he was convicted in July 2010 and sentenced to 180 days, but he was already on lifetime probation in the same county. The scary thing is that he looks like he could be anyone's papa or dad.

Thank you Carbuff, when I read north Harris County and the barrel had been there several months, my mind went to her.

According to the link you found, he was convicted in July 2010 and sentenced to 180 days, but he was already on lifetime probation in the same county. The scary thing is that he looks like he could be anyone's papa or dad.
    I can see why you would think that -- it's very close proximity.

Yeah, such an innocuous looking dude. He doesn't even have those mean eyes you sometimes see on murderers.

I so confused.

The body was discovered when an informant called Crime Stoppers and left a recorded message alleging that Anderson had confessed to strangling someone and placing the body in a barrel stashed at the side of his house. The informant also told Crime Stoppers that Anderson takes the barrel with him when he moves from state to state.

Lifetime probation but he was moving state to state.

Quote Originally Posted by tfrohning View Post
    I so confused.

The body was discovered when an informant called Crime Stoppers and left a recorded message alleging that Anderson had confessed to strangling someone and placing the body in a barrel stashed at the side of his house. The informant also told Crime Stoppers that Anderson takes the barrel with him when he moves from state to state.

Lifetime probation but he was moving state to state.
    Yeah, something significantly hinky there, isn't there?

It could be something as simple as "place to place" instead of "state to state," but it doesn't sound good.

According to investigators, the body appeared to have been decaying for several months.
    From the above article.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast