798 users online (168 members and 630 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: So How Will This Case End?

Voters
276. You may not vote on this poll
  • Straight to Trial

206 74.64%
  • Defense Inspired Plea Agreement

52 18.84%
  • Nolo Contendere (NO CONTEST)

18 6.52%

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

POLL: How Will This Case End?

Taking into consideration all events that have transpired as of today, do you have a different opinion now of how this case will end?

I have been convinced for quite a while that this will not make it to trial, and have considered the Defense approaching SA about a possible plea agreement, as well as considering a Change of Plea by KC to NO CONTEST.

I am now leaning towards the NO CONTEST option, from a defense point of view, for the reasons below:

TRIAL OPTION

Advantages

One juror may just have reasonable doubt creating an acquittal.

If convicted, appeal options may create a "do over"

Future financial advantage in media deals at conclusion of case

Disadvantages

Conviction and possible death sentence

All evidence, along with expert explanations, will be on record.

The Anthony "secrets" will be exposed.

KC's life history will be public knowledge.

The Defense Team will have another Loss on record.

DEFENSE INSPIRED PLEA AGREEMENT

Advantages

Avoid Death Penalty

Remaining documents not released will NOT be publicized to public or media

Anthony family secrets remain intact and private

KC life history remains intact and private

Defense team can claim partial victory

Disadvantages

SA must agree to terms

Guaranteed Life Sentence

KC must claim GUILT in the murder of Caylee

Loss of Appeal Options

NO CONTEST (Change of Plea)

Advantages

SA does not have to agree with change of plea

Remaining documents and testimony will never be publicized (story ends here)

KC does NOT have to admit culpibility to crime

Anthony family secrets remain private

KC life history remains private

Defense can claim victory in backwards sort of way...she wasn't convicted!

Unlikihood that Perry would sentence a defendant to the death penalty for a crime in which they were not deemed guilty by actions, but by nolo contendere?

Disadvantages

Guaranteed Life without Parole

Appeal options no longer exist

So what do you think, strictly from a defense point of view?

Dignity4Victims is offline "Miss Anthony and the truth are strangers" - Judge Strickland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kentjbkent View Post
    Taking into consideration all events that have transpired as of today, do you have a different opinion now of how this case will end?

I have been convinced for quite a while that this will not make it to trial, and have considered the Defense approaching SA about a possible plea agreement, as well as considering a Change of Plea by KC to NO CONTEST.

I am now leaning towards the NO CONTEST option, from a defense point of view, for the reasons below:

TRIAL OPTION

Advantages

One juror may just have reasonable doubt creating an acquittal.

So what do you think, strictly from a defense point of view?
    snipped

One juror having reasonable doubt, (which I seriously doubt), will not result in an acquittal. That's called a mistrial.

This case will go to trial, Baez has nothing to lose by doing so and everything to possibly gain, none of which is a "not guilty" verdict for Casey, but that isn't his main goal anyway.
    Casey says, “the b!tch knows what it feels like now,” referring to her mother, Cindy.

The legal team has big egos.......they think they can get a few jurors to believe their client.
    The anthonys keep saying Caylee is alive...........
    Anthonys are used to 'secrets' and love the media.
    This will give everyone more money and bankrupt Fla.
    so I voted straight to a trial..........
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Well, if I must answer strictly from a defense point of view, then I would be on my knees begging for a plea deal. The chance of her getting the DP are there if this goes to trial. If I were a juror, I would have no problem giving her the DP. However, perhaps for selfish reasons, I hope that the SA would say "No way, Jose!" to a plea deal. ANY win for KC and the defense is a loss for Caylee. I want absolute justice for that baby! I want all of the dirty laundry aired to the public and I want everyone to know just how vile and despicable this bunch is. I want it known that CA and GA and LA have lied under oath to protect a child killer. I want everyone to know the lengths that these people have gone to to protect KC. I want the whole enchilada, if you will, because, for me, that is the only way justice will be served. JMO

It Was Ancient Aliens!

Why have a poll that LASTS ONLY 1 DAY..??????????
    IMO

"May you always have LOVE to share,health to spare,and Friends that care."

oops...i AM SOOOO SORRY, I must be sleepy..I THOUGHT IT READ
    10/24/...duh..
    IMO

"May you always have LOVE to share,health to spare,and Friends that care."

straight to trial is how I voted. I still believe KC will take her chances with a jury and keep silent as to the truth. I just can't imagine KC admitting to anything. So maybe at best a nolo attempt.

I think she'll do exactly what she did in the check fraud trial.

After Baez realizes everyone is dropping off this case like flies, he'll get Casey to plead No Contest.

He'll blame the system, the media, lack of privacy, etc for making them have to plea that way.

I also believe that everyone on the defense team is fully aware of this. Andrea, and LKB saw the writing on the wall.
    Last edited by sumbunny; 10-25-2010 at 11:37 PM. Reason: typo

I still think it will go all the way.
    Baez may try but I feel she still thinnks she will
    get off.I'd recommend a plea also but wont happen.IMO
    There is no way she'll ever walk out the door.
    My Buffy. He lives in Heaven now
    with my loved ones..xoxox

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Thinking as the defense.......I'd have walked from this case and client long ago but for the purpose of responding to this excellent thread, I voted defense inspired plea deal. From following Haleigh's case though, I've learned the no contest option is very popular with defendants apparently so I'll be interested in all your thoughts. I just can't wrap my mind around pleading no contest to murdering a toddler, unless you're planning to introduce some mental defect explanation and would CA allow her daughter be labelled defective?

I guess if I was JB or MC though, I'd be pushing the option that required the least amount of work from me, whatever that is. MO

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

Quote Originally Posted by shotzie View Post
    oops...i AM SOOOO SORRY, I must be sleepy..I THOUGHT IT READ
    10/24/...duh..
    LMAO! Hahahahaha!

It Was Ancient Aliens!

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by chefmom View Post
    Well, if I must answer strictly from a defense point of view, then I would be on my knees begging for a plea deal. The chance of her getting the DP are there if this goes to trial. If I were a juror, I would have no problem giving her the DP. However, perhaps for selfish reasons, I hope that the SA would say "No way, Jose!" to a plea deal. ANY win for KC and the defense is a loss for Caylee. I want absolute justice for that baby! I want all of the dirty laundry aired to the public and I want everyone to know just how vile and despicable this bunch is. I want it known that CA and GA and LA have lied under oath to protect a child killer. I want everyone to know the lengths that these people have gone to to protect KC. I want the whole enchilada, if you will, because, for me, that is the only way justice will be served. JMO
    :Banane35: Well said!!

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    OMG just realized that I voted nolo because that is IMO WHAT ANY NORMAL DEFENDANT AND D-TEAM IN A SIMILAR SITUATION WOULD DO!!!! No fair with the trick questions!

KBJK, I swear I had it in my mind to vote a la team kc--in other words "Straight on to trial" and --but your three options, rationally laid out, compelled me back to the wise decision.

Reminding self: KC's team :Banane25: don't do "wise."

You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

JB will never convince ICA to take a plea or plead no contest. ICA is totally defiant and she will never concede to her lies. She will never admit to CA that she killed Caylee.

For a plea deal I would think that the SA would want the story from ICA and ICA will never share that. That is her control, her power, over everyone as well as her parents.

For no contest there isn't the same stipulation but ICA is not going to throw herself on the mercy of the court and take LIFE.

Remember ICA was promised a mistrial and that she'd be sunning herself as a celebrity on a Miami beach soon or touring around in an RV.

IMO ... ICA is going to walk all the way down the corridor during trial to the bitter end and maybe, just maybe, while the Jury is out deliberating ... ICA might turn around and seek a last minute deal. Too late.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

I voted "straight to trial" as I think that's what JB has wanted from the very beginning. For JB it's never been about his client's best interests, but about what this case going to trial will mean for his career. Once the trial is over he'll still capitalize on this case through media interviews and book deals. It's all about fame and fortune for him.

As for Casey, I suspect she's been led to believe that her chances for an acquittal are good. I doubt JB has counseled Casey in regards to other options than going to trial. If Casey has been made aware of the reality of her situation, it would have come from someone other than JB. Perhaps AL or LKB.

A reasonable conclusion to this case would be "no contest", but we're dealing with a suspect and an attorney who don't know the meaning of the word, "reasonable."
    My posts are my opinion..........

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast