Unclaimed: Police And Vietnam Vet No Longer Forgotten, Bruce Cummings, 62

Cubby

fly the W!
Reaction score
CHICAGO (WBBM) - Chicago Police are burying one of their own Tuesday: a 62-year-old retired officer and Vietnam veteran who died alone – and ended up unclaimed at the medical examiner’s office.

<snip>

His name was Bruce Cummings, and he was a Chicago Police Officer. He lived in a North Side nursing home and apparently had no visitors. Not even from whatever family he had.

...more at link.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2010/10/26/unclaimed-police-and-vietnam-vet-no-longer-forgotten/

To think Mr. Cummings served his country in both the Military and LE, and was unclaimed, never had any visitors.... was alone in life and at death. I didn't want him to think he was forgotten or alone in death. Especially from us as sleuths.

Mr Cummings, Thank you for your service in the military and with law enforcement. May you rest peacefully. You are not forgotten.

My heart breaks for this man. May he rest in peace.

Thank you for posting this, Cubby.

Thank you for your service to our Country Mr. Cummings.

Thank you for your service to your community Mr. Cummings.

I wish I had had the opportunity to shake your hand and thank you for both.

Rest in Peace.

“Our God and soldiers we alike adore ... the brink of danger;

not before:

After deliverance, both alike requited,

Our God's forgotten,

and our soldiers slighted”

~FQ~

Very sad..thanks for bringing this to our attention, Cubby. And thank you for your service to our country, Mr. Cummings. You are not forgotten anymore.

It's very scary that if something like this can happen to Mr. Cummings, it can happen to any of us. :(

Very sad..thanks for bringing this to our attention, Cubby. And thank you for your service to our country, Mr. Cummings. You are not forgotten anymore.

It's very scary that if something like this can happen to Mr. Cummings, it can happen to any of us. :(

BBM. So true. It made me so sad to read the article, I thought the least I/We at WS could do for this man was give him a thread.

Like Kat said, I wish I too could have gotten to shake his hand and thank him, maybe even give him a hug. Hopefully up there in heaven he knows some of us here who are mere strangers appreciate his service to both his country and community.

RIP Mr Cummings.

I got tears in my eyes reading that.

He may have been alone at the end of his life, but now as he rests in peace he is being given the honor he deserves.

Officer Cummings, thank you for your service to our country and to your city. Please know you were appreciated, and still are.

RIP Officer.

Cubby, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We need some more Officer's up there looking out for us.

This makes me so utterly sad........ Officer Cummings, I am so very sorry you had to pass this life in solitude. Nobody should have to do that.

Thank you for serving our beautiful country all of your life. I only wish I'd have had the opportunity to Thank You in person.

Officer Cummings, thank you for your service to our country and to your city. Please know you were appreciated, and still are.

RIP Officer.

Cubby, thank you for bringing this to our attention.

We need some more Officer's up there looking out for us.

BBM. Thanks Filly, this made me smile thinking maybe Mr. Cummings will be helping us sleuth from up there and continuing to help bring justice!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back