Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 537

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #26

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    20,818

    NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #26

    [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118176]Thread #25[/ame]

    All past threads located at the bottom of the page...

    If you have any information regarding this abduction, call the Hickory Police Department immediately at (828) 328-5551, (828) 328-5551 or call 911 or *HP.

    [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116947]Zahra Baker timeline and media links only[/ame]

    Please Continue Here...


    When your child goes missing: A Family Survival Guide

    Missing Adult Checklist
    Websleuth's Resource Center

    F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
    Fight for you

    Respect you
    Include you
    Encourage you
    Need you
    Deserve you
    Stand by you


  2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    20,818

    Social Networks & Rumors

    Regarding social networks
    Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.
    IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
    It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
    Just imagine if is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
    You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
    If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to the mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.
    The mods are listed at the bottom right of the forum under the index, they can generally help. If not, they will ask admin for guidance and we will all decide what is best.
    Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.
    We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

    Rumors are not allowed! No sleuthing AY his facebook page or the London Dude. If you have questions please PM me or a Mod, we will be happy to help. Lets keep the threads dedicated to Zahra. Thank you.

    Ima


    When your child goes missing: A Family Survival Guide

    Missing Adult Checklist
    Websleuth's Resource Center

    F.R.I.E.N.D.S.
    Fight for you

    Respect you
    Include you
    Encourage you
    Need you
    Deserve you
    Stand by you


  4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    I have finally caught back up... whew!!! thanks for all the recaps Kat and fellow wsers!

    thoughts:

    Sunday: EB starts to talk to LE

    Monday: (very, very early Monday... 0312 to be precise) AB is arrested... LE previously said that they wouldn't arrest him while he was cooperating and/or when the time was right

    Monday: searches are underway at three locations concurrent with the arrest and EB is taken from the jail on a "tour" of possible search sites

    Monday: LE states that they have promising new leads

    Monday: the searches are all around and about places that EB has lived in the past including places that she lived prior to AB and ZB coming to the States

    Tuesday: EB leaves jail again to accompany LE on their searches.

    Monday AND Tuesday: EB's atty, Dubbs, has cancelled multiple court appearances for her other case that she is the atty for
    *******

    I am seeing....(MOO) that perhaps Dubbs is working on a deal for EB. I also think that LE got all they could out of AB... and the time was appropriate to put him in the hooscow for his outstanding charges. Look at the timing... Right after EB starts to talk AB is arrested..

    Another observation/opinion... from all of AB's interviews he seems to not have really seen much of his daughter. And he always described her to be in bed. I agree with impatientredhead about a possible head injury... and I hear echos of Ethan Stacy... how he suffered with his head injury for days before succumbing to it. I also do not think that he saw his daughter on "Thursday"... I think he saw her around the time the mattress was thrown away....

    Just my opinion.
    ****
    brought from last thread... as it had just closed... thanks Ima and all the mods doing one heck of an outstanding job
    This bee my opinion


  6. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,758
    wow, in a really detailed nutshell, by george, she's got it! lol
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

    If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."


  7. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    I have finally caught back up... whew!!! thanks for all the recaps Kat and fellow wsers!

    thoughts:

    Sunday: EB starts to talk to LE

    Monday: (very, very early Monday... 0312 to be precise) AB is arrested... LE previously said that they wouldn't arrest him while he was cooperating and/or when the time was right

    Monday: searches are underway at three locations concurrent with the arrest and EB is taken from the jail on a "tour" of possible search sites

    Monday: LE states that they have promising new leads

    Monday: the searches are all around and about places that EB has lived in the past including places that she lived prior to AB and ZB coming to the States

    Tuesday: EB leaves jail again to accompany LE on their searches.

    Monday AND Tuesday: EB's atty, Dubbs, has cancelled multiple court appearances for her other case that she is the atty for
    *******

    I am seeing....(MOO) that perhaps Dubbs is working on a deal for EB. I also think that LE got all they could out of AB... and the time was appropriate to put him in the hooscow for his outstanding charges. Look at the timing... Right after EB starts to talk AB is arrested..

    Another observation/opinion... from all of AB's interviews he seems to not have really seen much of his daughter. And he always described her to be in bed. I agree with impatientredhead about a possible head injury... and I hear echos of Ethan Stacy... how he suffered with his head injury for days before succumbing to it. I also do not think that he saw his daughter on "Thursday"... I think he saw her around the time the mattress was thrown away....

    Just my opinion.
    ****
    brought from last thread... as it had just closed... thanks Ima and all the mods doing one heck of an outstanding job
    Hi nursie glad to see you!

    IYHO (in your humble opinion)

    About AB, are you thinking he was complicit before or after the fact?

    Or have you been able to come to a conclusion yet?

  8. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  9. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    https://www.passports.gov.au/Web/For...8_notes_sr.pdf

    Bringing this over in case we have more questions about the Australian passports later on in this thread.

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  11. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    North Queensland Australia
    Posts
    1,502
    hi...I have just got on here today...it is midday here......so I have not caught up...however here is what has been reported here.....

    someone says there is still confusion over the mattress being found.......this article says that the dump employees found it and handed it to the police....

    sorry if I am repeating what has already been reported....

    http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/811...-in-zahra-case
    REVAMPZ

  12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to revampz For This Useful Post:


  13. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,758
    That article seems to jibe with local newsites. not sure what that means however with things fading away from newsreports with no explanation.

    ETA

    http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Searc...105806948.html
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

    If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:


  15. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central IL
    Posts
    22
    Hello all. Sorry..but I just can't keep up today. Am I correct in that nothing new has been found that could be substantiated? Thanks for answering.

  16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bevichan For This Useful Post:


  17. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,130
    Quote Originally Posted by bevichan View Post
    Hello all. Sorry..but I just can't keep up today. Am I correct in that nothing new has been found that could be substantiated? Thanks for answering.
    Hard to say right now. Another mattress(es) is being tested but no news on the results (too soon to know).

  18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:


  19. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    That article seems to jibe with local newsites. not sure what that means however with things fading away from newsreports with no explanation.

    ETA

    http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Searc...105806948.html
    That video is the best I've seen so far on coverage. Thanks! (like that reporter)

  20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  21. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Hi nursie glad to see you!

    IYHO (in your humble opinion)

    About AB, are you thinking he was complicit before or after the fact?

    Or have you been able to come to a conclusion yet?
    Hey kitty ((((kat)))),
    just from what we have seen so I think he was complicit before and after the fact. How could he live in that house and not see what was going on before the fact? How could he walk in and out of the door after the fact ((assuming....and I might I add that I do believe she died before she was reported missing)) and not know what was going on???

    His media interviews.... Ummmmmmm.... is a word that he used in over and over... the pregnant pauses in his answers... so very telling...

    MOO

    ((aside: AB may think that by doing nothing he is not at fault... but by turning his head...as it seems he may well have done....he is just as guilty to what happened to little Zahra))
    This bee my opinion

  22. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:


  23. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    I'm with you Nursie! Thanks for outlining your thoughts

    If he is guilty of neglect or ignoring her being abused. Think they can prove murder 1 on him? I'm having a hard time sorting that out (if either one is ever charged) just speculating. JMHO.
    Last edited by Kat; 10-26-2010 at 10:15 PM. Reason: eta a question.

  24. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  25. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Big D, Texas
    Posts
    3,302
    Argg, training for new position at job all day today and tomorrow so not able to hardly glance here today. No new news I take it??

    Please - let this be the week that precious Zahra is found. Light the way angel.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

  26. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SailorMoon For This Useful Post:


  27. #15
    they had a good recap just now on my local news...but i cant find it online yet

    ~M

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mama2echo For This Useful Post:


  29. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I'm with you Nursie! Thanks for outlining your thoughts

    If he is guilty of neglect or ignoring her being abused. Think they can prove murder 1 on him? I'm having a hard time sorting that out (if either one is ever charged) just speculating. JMHO.
    do you think he has guilty knowledge of what happened/what was happening to Zahra?

    I do

    (hit thanks if you think he had guilty knowledge)

    ianal, but I think that will get him something when this is all said and done moo
    This bee my opinion


  30. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,051
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Hey kitty ((((kat)))),
    just from what we have seen so I think he was complicit before and after the fact. How could he live in that house and not see what was going on before the fact? How could he walk in and out of the door after the fact ((assuming....and I might I add that I do believe she died before she was reported missing)) and not know what was going on???

    His media interviews.... Ummmmmmm.... is a word that he used in over and over... the pregnant pauses in his answers... so very telling...

    MOO

    ((aside: AB may think that by doing nothing he is not at fault... but by turning his head...as it seems he may well have done....he is just as guilty to what happened to little Zahra))
    I couldn't agree more! To me he is complicit by omission or failure to act, or do anything to protect his daughter - assuming EB is the one who actually took her life - starting with uprooting Zahra from her home, and medical care, in Australia for this woman. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo



    Merry Christmas!

  31. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:


  32. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    on the prowl
    Posts
    26,051
    Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    I'm with you Nursie! Thanks for outlining your thoughts

    If he is guilty of neglect or ignoring her being abused. Think they can prove murder 1 on him? I'm having a hard time sorting that out (if either one is ever charged) just speculating. JMHO.
    My thoughts are charge them both and let a jury decide. MOO

    (hint to prosecutors: show many pictures of Zahra with the soldier in Australia and how happy she was there) MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo



    Merry Christmas!

  33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:


  34. #19
    i found this one...but im still looking for the other one, dont know if this one has been posted yet cause this thread is moving too fast

    http://triad.news14.com/content/zahr...a-baker-search

    ~M

  35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mama2echo For This Useful Post:


  36. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,044
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    Hey kitty ((((kat)))),
    just from what we have seen so I think he was complicit before and after the fact. How could he live in that house and not see what was going on before the fact? How could he walk in and out of the door after the fact ((assuming....and I might I add that I do believe she died before she was reported missing)) and not know what was going on???

    His media interviews.... Ummmmmmm.... is a word that he used in over and over... the pregnant pauses in his answers... so very telling...

    MOO

    ((aside: AB may think that by doing nothing he is not at fault... but by turning his head...as it seems he may well have done....he is just as guilty to what happened to little Zahra))
    I agree. AB is/was Zahra's father and as such was primarily responsible for her well-being. I want to say more... but I'm so angry about this and don't want to get banned

  37. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to kwmred For This Useful Post:


  38. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Penn's woods
    Posts
    17,240
    Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post
    do you think he has guilty knowledge of what happened/what was happening to Zahra?

    I do

    (hit thanks if you think he had guilty knowledge)

    ianal, but I think that will get him something when this is all said and done moo
    Yes IMHO he knew that AB was abusing Zahra. (I believe she was abusing her physically and emotionally and through neglect even though we don't have LE confirming).

    I'm not sure if it can be proven in court that he was aware of the level of abuse and anticipated her being murdered. KWIM? (not arguing that he didn't or couldn't---talking about if this goes to trial).

    I'm looking for legalities not moral responsibilities. Things to take to trial at this point in time, just from how little we know. Speculating.

    He'll face charges but I'm not sure what they will be if he didn't directly cause her death by his own actions or hands. KWIM?

    Bah it's too early for this kind of speculation. LOL I'm just jumping the gun. I'm so eager for Zahra to come home and for these two to have their day in court already! Nevermind me.

  39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:


  40. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    35,450
    26 threads and no Zahra?
    Hard to believe.
    I am always shocked when seemingly inept criminals can hold up so long against LE. I know I would collapse like a bad souffle as soon as I was led into one of those little interview chambers.
    Just my opinion, of course.

  41. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  42. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,219
    Just checking in from working. Anything new or is the news today they found the mattress at the landfill?

  43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Peliman For This Useful Post:


  44. #24
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    in O 'HI' O
    Posts
    893

    Just bringing this video over, it's the basics of the case... excellent reporting... I highly suggest it...
    http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/m...ct10-19003.mp4
    Last edited by froginTtown; 10-26-2010 at 10:33 PM.
    .. Please help Kyron come home!!

  45. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to froginTtown For This Useful Post:


  46. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    America's heartland, the Land of Lincoln
    Posts
    24,758
    sorry froggin , did not see video?
    Five years ago I wandered in here because of a google search on Haleigh Cummings. "Welcome," folks said "look around a bit, sit a spell." It wasn't long before I found Caylee's threads. It was just that simple.

    If you are new to the site allow me to say, "welcome. Look around a bit, sit a spell."

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #20
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 550
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 08:03 PM
  2. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #16
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 546
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 10:18 PM
  3. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #9
    By Salem in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 515
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 10:35 PM
  4. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6
    By Cubby in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 558
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 06:08 PM
  5. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #5
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 589
    Last Post: 10-13-2010, 11:53 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •