2010.10.27 - Will JB Get the Money?

Will JB get approval for additional hours of investigative services?

• JB will get his 300 hours.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • JB will get some additional hours, but not the 300.

Votes: 32 23.0%
  • JB will have to submit to an entire review before getting more.

Votes: 79 56.8%
  • JB will not get any additional hours.

Votes: 20 14.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jomo

Reaction score
Okay...time to get out the crystal ball...

Will the Judge grant JB and his gang another 12,000 for an investigator or won't he?

If he does, will conditions be applied? If so, what will the conditions be?

p.s. This is the first time I try to submit a poll so if it doesn't work, could someone who knows how it works please make one? Thanks for your patience with my newbieness!

I wanted to pick 2 & 3 but went with 3 because I think he will have to submit a full report first, and then MAYBE he will get some extra hours, but not the full 300 he is asking for.

(congrats on the poll submitting, it seems to working great! :)

JB will have to submit to an entire review before getting more.

Is my vote above...JAC is on top on this case. They know what Baez was paid prior to ICA being deemed indigent. I can't help think that Baez was to hold some of his $89,000 to help defray the costs to the other attorneys with their travel expenses and stays...just a thought...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Yes, he'll have to submit a review IMO....did someone send him that new box of crayola? A virtual gift perhaps? They've had PI's on this case for over 2 years, if anything earth shattering was going to be uncovered it would have been in the very early days. I can't imagine he will be able to simply go on this endless search for evidence which doesn't exist at the taxpayers expense without full accountability. Seems to suggest doesn't it that as the trial date looms the defense is still hopelessly flailing, and without strategy? At this stage one would hope they would be focussing on how to use what they have, not still looking for something to use.

I voted no more investigation hours billed to JAC but I may have a jaded crystal ball.
This case is years old and per JB he was retained by KC a full month prior to her arrest (LOL!! Thanks TWA!!) There has been plenty of time and money prior to the client being declared indigent, for investigation. JB brags about investigating this or that. CA and GA brag about their private investigations. The PI's on the case videotape themselves investigating, TES came to investigate, LP and crew came to bail out and assist in the investigation. AL and LKB had investigators. The defense forensic experts are investigators. The psychics investigated. Plus KC was already approved for the amount of hours that any other baby killer would be entitled to in the state of Florida.

The defense has already complained numerous times in court about the discovery they have to sort through so far and yet they want to add to that with more investigations into god only knows what or who. Don't GA and CA have a mere 12k in assets they can sell to raise the money to save the daughter they're so proud of? The one they insist has so may supporters on the outside?? They could sell a car or two. They don't need them for work afterall.

Enough already. The state has better things to fund than more psychics IMHO. The defense needs to focus on deposing the actual investigators they've know about since July 2008, a full month after JB was apparently retained.

COLOR="Purple"][/COLOR]
I voted no more investigation hours billed to JAC but I may have a jaded crystal ball.
This case is years old and per JB he was retained by KC a full month prior to her arrest (LOL!! Thanks TWA!!) There has been plenty of time and money prior to the client being declared indigent, for investigation. JB brags about investigating this or that. CA and GA brag about their private investigations. The PI's on the case videotape themselves investigating, TES came to investigate, LP and crew came to bail out and assist in the investigation. AL and LKB had investigators. The defense forensic experts are investigators. The psychics investigated. Plus KC was already approved for the amount of hours that any other baby killer would be entitled to in the state of Florida.

The defense has already complained numerous times in court about the discovery they have to sort through so far and yet they want to add to that with more investigations into god only knows what or who. Don't GA and CA have a mere 12k in assets they can sell to raise the money to save the daughter they're so proud of? The one they insist has so may supporters on the outside?? They could sell a car or two. They don't need them for work afterall.

Enough already. The state has better things to fund than more psychics IMHO. The defense needs to focus on deposing the actual investigators they've know about since July 2008, a full month after JB was apparently retained.

It is going to be a toss up between these two concepts. How much does the defense reasonably need to avoid an appelate issue, VS how much have other capital defendants recieved from the state. How much has the state paid in the past and what are viewed as reasonable defenses. The JAC will not care a wit about KC's special circumstances or all of the travel needed. To their eyes this is a local crime committed in FL and should cost the same as other local crimes. If they raise what they pay her than they must do the same for every other DP defendant. In this case "fair" means she is treated like everyone else, and she gets what everyone else gets.

I think there is a good chance that the JAC and HHJP will roll the appellate dice on this one, so long as they can provide adequate documentation as to what expenses normally are in these cases.

CJPerry is an excellent person to be the judge on this case. He has quite the challenge in front of him, to make sure that the defendant in this case gets a fair trial. And, the spotlight of the media is shining on this case, and many are watching. I do hope that when he draws the line, he sticks to it.

I voted no more money. JAC either has limits on spending or it doesn't.
This implied threat of Baez- 'Give us what we demand or it will give us grounds for appeal' will not wash.

If I recall correctly, the JAC and Baez already argued about investigative hours in front of judge perry. Judge perry DOUBLED the hours for investigative services for Mr Baez, against what the JAC would normally allow, stating "death was different"

I don't think Judge Perry will allow for more hours without compelling reasons.

Exactly how many hours does it take to tamper with witnesses? :innocent:

I voted for "He'll get more hours, but not 300" because I always end up picking the wrong one. I don't want him to get any more hours. :D

JB will present the sad story about how, after all this time, they were able to discover an additional "x number" of searchers who were "on Suburban Drive". Those searchers will be the ones who simply drove down Suburban to get to the school area, but JB will forget to mention that part in court. The investigator needs to follow up on all those searchers by going to their homes for an interview, like he did with a member on this board. It takes a lot of time trying to twist the words of the searchers. Therefore, a need for more money for the investigator.
I think JP will give them some funds for this (even though its bogus), but not all he is asking for. JAC will fight it.
The most interesting part will be the request for the hotel room for the experts. I'm looking forward to that. Where did the "$150.00 a night" figure come from? Is it in a document?

If I recall correctly, the JAC and Baez already argued about investigative hours in front of judge perry. Judge perry DOUBLED the hours for investigative services for Mr Baez, against what the JAC would normally allow, stating "death was different"

I don't think Judge Perry will allow for more hours without compelling reasons.

Is "uh ummmm well, Judge we just didn't have time or money" compelling?
Hey, he's only had a couple of years! Give the guy a break.:croc::angel: I just wonder if all this stretching out is to keep ica in the comfy jail as opposed to the cruddy prison?
moo

Exactly how many hours does it take to tamper with witnesses? :innocent:

Sometimes it takes a while to put on the schmooze.:innocent:

But seriously, all these issues baez is having is/are getting out of hand. It's like he just started a big project and hasn't gotten too far.
Something so serious shouldn't be treated as a game. Nobody wins here.
moo

I wanted to pick both #2 and #3. The State has added several witnesses to their list since the budget was set for this case, so I can see Baez getting more investigator hours. However, not to the amount that Baez is asking for. Baez is going to need to put in more of his own time on this case.

I think he'll get the 300 hours so that any appellate issues can be negated.

Outstanding!!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

I think he'll get the 300 hours so that any appellate issues can be negated.

Then, after he has used the 300 and comes back for more.....
When does the potential for appeal cease to factor in to financial decisions ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
0maj0
Back