NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #27

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding social networks
Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.
IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
Just imagine if is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to the mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.
The mods are listed at the bottom right of the forum under the index, they can generally help. If not, they will ask admin for guidance and we will all decide what is best.
Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.
We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

Rumors are not allowed! No sleuthing AY his facebook page or the London Dude. If you have questions please PM me or a Mod, we will be happy to help. Lets keep the threads dedicated to Zahra. Thank you.

Ima

i hope we get some real news a the presser today......only one hour to go

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Searc...105885438.html
Investigators have returned to the Hickory home where 10-year-old Zahra Baker was reported missing two weeks ago. NewsChannel 36 reporter Rad Berky said police were searching and digging in the backyard.

If they buried her in the backyard, perhaps the fire was a way of hiding the freshly covered grave?

Bringing over from the last thread as it was near the bottom before this thread was opened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarx
If Zahra had gone through the woodchipper we would know about it, I am certain of that.

Just curious ... why are you certain? LE doesn't have to tell the media or public anything about the investigation. They only have to present their findings to the District Atty and or prosecutor and jury.

LE has been very tight-lipped about any evidence they have found.

No disrespect intended, again I'm just curious why you think this.

I find it interesting that the presser is coming only a few days after AB was arrested. I'm hopeful, but we've been through this before with so many others... PC after PC with no real developments... :crossfingers:

Earlier woodchipper news (from 10.15)
---
Earlier this week, a K-9 unit alerted police to a wood chipper on the property [north of Morganton]. A K-9 unit dog handler told Channel 9 that the hit was not on the wood chipper itself but the engine, and the blood could have come from a cut on a worker’s hand.
---

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25389806/detail.html

My thoughts on this....
I THINK this may have been a police K9 (which would have likely been one of the first out there and on the scene) in which case they are trained sometimes on blood (as it is an important factor in many criminal searches/tracking down suspects/etc). They are not often trained in HRD though. This would certainly explain the comment about it being from a cut on a worker's hand. No HRD dog should be hitting on that. Just my guess.

25538461_240X180.jpg

Picture of the digging in the yard taken from here

I was always under the impression that dogs didn't hit on blood unless it was blood from an already deceased person? It wouldn't surprise me in the least for there to be some unidentified blood on/in a woodchipper..IDK..

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Searc...105885438.html
Investigators have returned to the Hickory home where 10-year-old Zahra Baker was reported missing two weeks ago. NewsChannel 36 reporter Rad Berky said police were searching and digging in the backyard.

If they buried her in the backyard, perhaps the fire was a way of hiding the freshly covered grave?

The dogs would hit on it! The dogs can tell thru fire and debris chemicals and water!

Is the presser going to be carried live on CNN or another channel?

I was always under the impression that dogs didn't hit on blood unless it was blood from an already deceased person? It wouldn't surprise me in the least for there to be some unidentified blood on/in a woodchipper..IDK..

dogs will hit if given the scent of the person and the cadaver dog knows the scent of death!

I wonder if they burried her UNDER the woodchipper!

Bringing over from the last thread as it was near the bottom before this thread was opened.

Just curious ... why are you certain? LE doesn't have to tell the media or public anything about the investigation. They only have to present their findings to the District Atty and or prosecutor and jury.

LE has been very tight-lipped about any evidence they have found.

No disrespect intended, again I'm just curious why you think this.

MOO - If anyone could be considered our resident expert, its sarx

The dogs would hit on it! The dogs can tell thru fire and debris chemicals and water!

And didn't they say that the dogs *had* hit on the piles of mulch?

If there is anywhere those of us outside the States can view the conference live could people please leave the links? TIA

Wow. You don't do that for nothing...

I am really shocked that this spot had not been totally ruled out before now..maybe I shouldn't be, but I sure would have thought that every test they have would have been run on this spot from day 1. It's just so painfully obvious..

interesting thought posted above. What IF she were burried beneath the earth beneath teh woodchipper and piles of mulch? ie could the wood chipper and piles of mulch been placed atop a shallow grave? Would that then explain all the hitting that the dogs were doing during the initial search of backyard? Could their signals have been misinterpretted as about the chipper and piles when they were trying to alert to something BENEATH all that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith