788 users online (99 members and 689 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OK - Baby's body found in Muskogee Walmart bathroom

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_MUSKOG613672

Baby's body found in Muskogee Walmart bathroom

MUSKOGEE -- Law enforcement officials are investigating a death after an employee found a baby in the bathroom of a Muskogee Walmart on Tuesday.

A Muskogee Police Department spokesman said police responded to the store at 1000 West Shawnee Street about 6 p.m. and found the baby girl dead in a toilet.

(Snipped)

Why does this sort of thing seem to be a never ending story?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post

MUSKOGEE -- Law enforcement officials are investigating a death after an employee found a baby in the bathroom of a Muskogee Walmart on Tuesday.

A Muskogee Police Department spokesman said police responded to the store at 1000 West Shawnee Street about 6 p.m. and found the baby girl dead in a toilet.

(Snipped)
    How horrifying! That poor employee who found that baby girl, discarded in a toilet like waste. Awful.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Friday View Post

(Snipped)
    I'm just wondering. A Walmart employee discovered the baby's body in the toilet. Where was the mother? Did she stay in the store or leave? I'm confused.

Mother of dead infant identified

The mother of the baby found dead at Muskogee Walmart Tuesday evening has been identified, said police spokesman Pedro Zardeneta.

The 23-year-old woman was interviewed by investigators Tuesday night, but no charges have been filed, he said.
    ---

more at
    http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x15...ant-identified

Quote Originally Posted by bogeygal View Post
    I'm just wondering. A Walmart employee discovered the baby's body in the toilet. Where was the mother? Did she stay in the store or leave? I'm confused.
    Walmart stores have more surveillance cameras then a bank does. I wouldn't be surprised if they have cameras hidden in the bathrooms also or at least have a camera pointed at the bathroom doors.

It shouldn't be to hard to figure out who was in that bathroom up until the time the baby was discovered.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    Mother of dead infant identified

The mother of the baby found dead at Muskogee Walmart Tuesday evening has been identified, said police spokesman Pedro Zardeneta.

The 23-year-old woman was interviewed by investigators Tuesday night, but no charges have been filed, he said.
    ---

more at
    http://muskogeephoenix.com/local/x15...ant-identified
    I wonder if they found the mother at the local hospital seeking medical attention?

a little more info

<snip>

Fetus Found in Walmart Toilet

"We did interview the mother, no charges have been filed against her at this time, the district attorney's office is reviewing our reports," he said.

The DA says the fetus was roughly 20 - 25 weeks old, and that whether or not it was born alive or dead will be a major factor in determining their course of action.

"At this time we don't if the child was, if they're gonna classify it as a miscarriage, if it was a still born child, if the child was born alive, we don't know right now, so that's where the medical examiners officer is gonna have to do their, see what their investigation brings up," said Zardeneta.

http://www.ktul.com/Global/story.asp?S=13400238
    What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

This is what a 24 week gestation baby looks like...not a fetus, a baby!

Sculpture with picture of a 24 week gestation real baby.
    http://www.donnaleeoriginals.com/Miracle.html

First of all, I do agree this is a never ending story as babies have been born and left behind since the beginning of time. Just check back in the history books and the newspaper clippings from 50 or 100 years ago.

On the issue of whether the child was "viable", I have extremely divergent opinions. I am the adoptive parent of 22 year old twins who came to us at age 4 years. They were born at 23-25 weeks gestation, drug exposed. They weighed one lb. and one and a half lbs, respectively. They were each 11 inches long. They spent 9 months in the hospital at a cost to California taxpayers of over 2.5 million dollars. They are physically healthy young adults (yes, shocking but true) but they do have extreme challenges.

Our daughter has cerebral palsy, autism, she is deaf and has serious OCD. She has an IQ of 50. Our son has tremendous mental illness and has exhibited criminal behavior since at least age three. He has OCD, is diagnosed with sociopathy and reactive attachment disorder. He is also gender-confused and has an IQ in the low 70s. Our daughter lives with us and is a joy but her challenges are lifelong and she will never live independently. Our son is in and out of jail and prison and is a constant challenge. He's handsome and charming but has no real moral compass and struggles with his disabilities. I guess the bottom line is that they made it--they are the survivors.

Then, we have a dear young friend who had a child unexpectedly a few years ago at 22 weeks. The baby was born in our local hospital and no attempts were made to "save" the infant. She was allowed to pass in her mother's arms within an hour or so of her birth. The mom has lovely photos of her little angel and she moved on with her life, never forgetting. She has gone on to marry and to have three more little girls. She's doing well and her husband is a doctor.

I don't want to see babies left to die in the Walmart restroom but I really don't know which "door" I would choose about saving a "viable" infant. I've had the opportunity to weigh in only one time, when our granddaughter was born with tremendous physical disabilities. She was born at home and never really took a breath. What a blessing as she was not meant for this world. She was transported to the local hospital, the doctors all gave us fair information and the family chose. We all stood around her parents and sang her into the next world. She flies with the angels. Hardest thing, bar none, which I've ever done.

Which is the right course of action? I truly don't have the answers.......

Bless this tiny one. May they join the other little ones born too soon...up above.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    First of all, I do agree this is a never ending story as babies have been born and left behind since the beginning of time. Just check back in the history books and the newspaper clippings from 50 or 100 years ago.

On the issue of whether the child was "viable", I have extremely divergent opinions. I am the adoptive parent of 22 year old twins who came to us at age 4 years. They were born at 23-25 weeks gestation, drug exposed. They weighed one lb. and one and a half lbs, respectively. They were each 11 inches long. They spent 9 months in the hospital at a cost to California taxpayers of over 2.5 million dollars. They are physically healthy young adults (yes, shocking but true) but they do have extreme challenges.

Our daughter has cerebral palsy, autism, she is deaf and has serious OCD. She has an IQ of 50. Our son has tremendous mental illness and has exhibited criminal behavior since at least age three. He has OCD, is diagnosed with sociopathy and reactive attachment disorder. He is also gender-confused and has an IQ in the low 70s. Our daughter lives with us and is a joy but her challenges are lifelong and she will never live independently. Our son is in and out of jail and prison and is a constant challenge. He's handsome and charming but has no real moral compass and struggles with his disabilities. I guess the bottom line is that they made it--they are the survivors.

Then, we have a dear young friend who had a child unexpectedly a few years ago at 22 weeks. The baby was born in our local hospital and no attempts were made to "save" the infant. She was allowed to pass in her mother's arms within an hour or so of her birth. The mom has lovely photos of her little angel and she moved on with her life, never forgetting. She has gone on to marry and to have three more little girls. She's doing well and her husband is a doctor.

I don't want to see babies left to die in the Walmart restroom but I really don't know which "door" I would choose about saving a "viable" infant. I've had the opportunity to weigh in only one time, when our granddaughter was born with tremendous physical disabilities. She was born at home and never really took a breath. What a blessing as she was not meant for this world. She was transported to the local hospital, the doctors all gave us fair information and the family chose. We all stood around her parents and sang her into the next world. She flies with the angels. Hardest thing, bar none, which I've ever done.

Bless this tiny one. May they join the other little ones born too soon...up above.
    God Bless You Missizzy, Thank you for sharing.

You have a very generous and loving heart!

Even if the baby wasn't viable, you just don't leave a newborn baby in the toilet! This was a baby and he/she deserved the same dignity and respect as any other human being. Whether stillborn or not, anyone with any sense at all would not just walk away and leave a baby in the toilet.

maybe she did not know she was pregnant. maybe she was scared. maybe she saw the movie "where the heart is." and thought someone would help. We don't know the circumstances. the odds of this child living a "normal" life are iffy. if the tox screen comes back that this woman is a druggy then by all means prosecute her to the fullest. If this is natures way of saying its not meant to be...then let it go. love the baby and let her go.
    This is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by partyuv5 View Post
    maybe she did not know she was pregnant. maybe she was scared. maybe she saw the movie "where the heart is." and thought someone would help. We don't know the circumstances. the odds of this child living a "normal" life are iffy. if the tox screen comes back that this woman is a druggy then by all means prosecute her to the fullest. If this is natures way of saying its not meant to be...then let it go. love the baby and let her go.
    Definately nail her to the cross if she's a druggy. How about if she's an alkie? They do a tox for that as well?

Not entirely disagreeing with you here but "maybe she was scared, maybe she saw a movie" don't cut it entirely either. Some addicts and alcoholics are afraid as well. Then that happens. Baby left in a toilet.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post

Thank you so much for eloquently giving a dose of reality.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast