1328 users online (330 members and 998 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

VA - Sara Cassandra Doss, 41, Pittsylvania Co., 24 Oct 2010

http://www2.godanriver.com/news/2010...nty-ar-590608/

Deputies say 41-year-old Sara Cassandra Doss has been missing since midnight this past Sunday, October 24th.
    Officers tell us Doss was last seen driving a 2001 silver Ford Expedition SUV, with Virginia tags XLY-9159.

Doss lives on Corn tassel Road in the Mt. Hermon area of Pittsylvania Co.

She is 5 ft. 6 in. tall, weighs 125 lbs., has blond hair and brown eyes.
    This is quite close to where I live. I hope that they find her soon. Someone posted on an article that she is the mother of 4 little ones.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 10-29-2010 at 01:43 PM.

So far I haven't been able to find any additional info/news on Sara.... she's located quickly.

What we are doing is just a drop in the ocean.
    But if that drop was not in the ocean,
    I think the ocean would be less because of that missing drop.
    ~~ Mother Theresa ~~

Where is Rachel Cooke? Missing since 10-Jan-2002
    Rachel's thread - WS
    RachelCookeSearch.org

Quote Originally Posted by shannon2008 View Post

This is quite close to where I live. I hope that they find her soon. Someone posted on an article that she is the mother of 4 little ones.
    Comments on article say that she left home Sat., called home Sun. Oct. 24, nothing since.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

http://www.martinsvilledaily.com/ind...ime&Itemid=479

Doss has been missing since midnight, October 24th, 2010. If you have any information, please contact your local police.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

Her sister commented on a news article:

This is her sister, Daris. We don't know what direction she was traveling, but her cell phone was last pinged on Sunday by the tower off of R & L Smith Road close to 41. We have had friends and family driving the area in search of her vehicle.

I drive this area 5 days a week. It's pretty flat, some houses, field (tobacco, mostly). I guess what I am saying, is if she drove off the road, I think it would be seen. Prayers sent.....

see if this link shows the area of Rt 41 and R&L Smith Road (look near the star on Samuel Road. R and L Smith did not want to "star" so I picked something I knew was close.)

The darn link is not working right.. .maybe one of you can get it better. When I click on my link, it shows Danville. This area is NW of the city, so you can find the area if zoom. I'm sorry.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Da...te=VA&address=[100-299]+Samuel+Rd&zipcode=24540&country=US&latitude=36.68 98&longitude=-79.430615&geocode=BLOCK
    Last edited by carterkatt; 10-28-2010 at 06:56 PM. Reason: clarity of map link

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    Welcome, Carterkatt...thank you for joining us on Websleuths. I'm so sorry that your sister is missing. Is there a poster for her yet? I can put them up around where I live, and certainly keep a look out.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    Welcome, Carterkatt...thank you for joining us on Websleuths. I'm so sorry that your sister is missing. Is there a poster for her yet? I can put them up around where I live, and certainly keep a look out.
    Truthful.... just wanted to clarify... I'm NOT her sister - but copied/pasted from a link what HER sister said... but thanks for the hello!

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    Quote Originally Posted by carterkatt View Post
    Truthful.... just wanted to clarify... I'm NOT her sister - but copied/pasted from a link what HER sister said... but thanks for the hello!
    Ahhhh!!! Sorry!!! Tired. Thank you =)

I found 2 interesting facebook pages for her - one created by hubby and one by her sister and brother. Don't know if they can be linked here?

On the one, her sister said something to the effect of "I'm sad you felt you had to leave the house...." Wonder what that means? Why?

Don't want to violate TOS...can I mention that? Please delete if not allowed.
    TIA

I did read on one of the articles that she had left for a drive to "clear her head"...I'll find it. Here you go:

"She told family members before she left she was going for a drive to clear her head, Mullins said.

It’s not an unusual occurrence for Doss. She’s gone out for long drives in her silver 2001 Ford Expedition before, but this time seems different, Mullins said."

http://www2.godanriver.com/news/2010...oma-ar-614059/

I have a friend that knows the family really well who says there was an argument with the husband and she was driving to her sister's home.

It seems that she was reported missing after she didn't show up.

I don't know...my hinky meter is starting to go off a little with this one.

EDIT: Hate to be vague like that but I don't want to get the person in trouble for telling it if it's true (or even if its just gossip).

Quote Originally Posted by carterkatt View Post
    I found 2 interesting facebook pages for her - one created by hubby and one by her sister and brother. Don't know if they can be linked here?

On the one, her sister said something to the effect of "I'm sad you felt you had to leave the house...." Wonder what that means? Why?

Don't want to violate TOS...can I mention that? Please delete if not allowed.
    TIA
    Carter, I think you picked up on the tension there...obviously a discord.

Quote Originally Posted by shannon2008 View Post
    I have a friend that knows the family really well who says there was an argument with the husband and she was driving to her sister's home.

It seems that she was reported missing after she didn't show up.

I don't know...my hinky meter is starting to go off a little with this one.

EDIT: Hate to be vague like that but I don't want to get the person in trouble for telling it if it's true (or even if its just gossip).
    Shannon, thanks for adding. No, I wouldn't want to name any names either...what's sort of what i was thinking. I really hope she's okay =(

I have been thinking over this again since last night and I am night quite sure that "argument" is the right word. It implies that some sort of altercation went down...and people around here use that word loosely. I think it is more likely they had a normal marital disagreement and she did the right thing...she left the house to simmer down.

That is just my opinion but fits the article about going for a drive and also what I was told about their relationship. She is from all accounts a level headed woman who loves her whole family especially the kids.

I think something happened out on the road but I really hope not.

Here's the FB created by her sister... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...62503850438319

I do not see one created by her husband. Can someone link it please?

ETA ~ I did find one for her son though. He appears to be a college student.
    Last edited by hollye; 10-29-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hollye View Post
    Here's the FB created by her sister... http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/...62503850438319

I do not see one created by her husband. Can someone link it please?
    Here's the "main" one: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=107171092683307

This is thanks to Carterkatt =)

(PS - I keep trying to find the thread about facebook posting rules, but since this is a "group", I'm going to err on linking it and keep searching for the TOS rules about that! I'm rusty on policy these days =)

Edited to add: Here is the thread where the "netiquette" on facebook is discussed =) It's okay to link these. From JBean: "Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case."

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...+posting+rules
    Last edited by Truthful Lies; 10-29-2010 at 10:06 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast