1046 users online (267 members and 779 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1006
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29

    Thread #28

    All past threads located at the bottom of the page...

    If you have any information regarding this abduction, call the Hickory Police Department immediately at (828) 328-5551, (828) 328-5551 or call 911 or *HP.

    Zahra Baker timeline and media links only

    Please Continue Here...
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 02-06-2017 at 07:13 PM. Reason: broken links

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    Social Networks & Rumors

    Regarding social networks
    Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.
    IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
    It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
    Just imagine if is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
    You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
    If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to the mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.
    The mods are listed at the bottom right of the forum under the index, they can generally help. If not, they will ask admin for guidance and we will all decide what is best.
    Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.
    We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

    Rumors are not allowed! No sleuthing AY his facebook page or the London Dude. If you have questions please PM me or a Mod, we will be happy to help. Lets keep the threads dedicated to Zahra. Thank you.

    Ima

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    9,248
    I am not putting LE down, but this luminol business bugs me.

    Why didn't they use luminol on Zahra's room prior to today?

    Does anyone know if all those different coloured lights could be to detect something else besides blood?
    Last edited by Wondergirl; 10-27-2010 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Sorry, posting from closed thread.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    State of Disarray
    Posts
    6,799
    Sorry... copying from last thread....

    Okay! I have an idea!! NG is on again... repeat... and I'll watch for time as there's 30 minutes left in which I see it which will make it easier to check out Patty's version and THEN give a time in which yawl can see what I'm talking about in regard to the possible prosthesis in the brush pile. (Whilst parenting and keeping the girls quiet for sick hubs... )
    "Until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna crumble... until you do right by me, everything you think about is gonna fail."

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    a little west of southern hospitality.
    Posts
    2,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherbie View Post
    I don't like where my thoughts are going with regard to the extensive (apparent) luminol testing in Zahra's room, what it might mean as far as how she died. Maybe it just takes hours and hours to be thorough enough and it's as much ruling out as finding specific evidence. I hope so. I don't want to think she died in such a way that her blood or other biologic evidence is on the walls.
    Testing like this yields so many results; fibers, dirt, footprints, sweat, urine, semen and, of course, blood.

    [EDIT: It can also pick up bleach, or if bleach has been used to clean a scene.]

    The reason I ask if there was a window on the wall they were *heavily* searching (I am carrying that term over from another's post) is, something from the outside could of come in/or vice versa.

    I know I am stretching, but I am sure if LE found blood soaked items in the house there wouldn't be the question of "We are testing this for Zahra." Also, I am pretty sure that AB would be straight back to jail, don't collect 200 dollars.
    Last edited by sherbetjello; 10-27-2010 at 10:38 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    6,066
    I'm trying to understand why this house has not been secured from the early days of this investigation. I think that will present quite a problem for LE and the DA during prosecution.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    I am not putting LE down, but this luminol business bugs me.

    Why didn't they use luminol on Zahra's room prior to today?

    Does anyone know if all those different coloured lights could be to detect something else besides blood?
    I get your point. All I can say is that they have spent every day it seems searching an area...almost like they are getting so many leads they are going to the "hottest" lead at the time and then having to go back and search a 2nd time again when they have more time. They have worked so hard on this case.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    midatlantic/western mass
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    I'm trying to understand why this house has not been secured from the early days of this investigation. I think that will present quite a problem for LE and the DA during prosecution.

    how long was it between the initial amber alert and when it was declared a homicide investigation??


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    I'm trying to understand why this house has not been secured from the early days of this investigation. I think that will present quite a problem for LE and the DA during prosecution.
    I did ask the officer this exact question. She didn't really know but did say that it was released a week or so ago and she guesses they just had another lead and then came to secure it. She didn't know much. I think they are keeping local PD out of it at this point.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    6,766
    Just saying and I could be wrong but if there's blood splatter I think the same dogs that hit on the cars/wood chippers etc. would have hit on the inside of the house. JMO though, don't even know if the dogs went inside but I'm assuming so. So for now I'm saying no blood splatter in the house. No I don't think she/they could clean it all.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    36,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Sherbie View Post
    I don't like where my thoughts are going with regard to the extensive (apparent) luminol testing in Zahra's room, what it might mean as far as how she died. Maybe it just takes hours and hours to be thorough enough and it's as much ruling out as finding specific evidence. I hope so. I don't want to think she died in such a way that her blood or other biologic evidence is on the walls.
    Also gotta remember, anytime your using CSI type tricks on a crime scene involving biologicals, you are looking at all kinds of everyday biologicals and trying to "pick out" the ones that seem excessive or out of place.

    ie. evidence of blood on a wall in a certain pattern would indicate foul play, in another small amount of blood could be cut finger from years ago, put hand on wall to steady self as . . . yada yada

    I am very glad they are performing such a thourough search but I know it is not as simple as going in and saying we have relevant dna over here, fluids over here, bag this, tag that. It has to be sort of like working a puzzle when you know you may not have all the piece and then on top of that you have the pieces from a bunch of other puzzles scattered all in with your pieces. KWIM?
    Websleuths now on Facebook

    Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

    mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,210
    For this picture, I cropped out everyone else just so my eyes could concentrate on what he has in his hand.



    Now in the picture, I cropped down to just the item and then played with the color values till I could basically just see a highlight of the item.



    I'm thinking small knife perhaps with dirt and leaves around it. Thoughts?

  13. #13
    essies's Avatar
    essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    6,261
    I really wish we had a floor plan of the house. Was Zahra's bedroom right next to EB and AB's bedroom? I read somewhere the house is only about 978 sq feet-very small house. I've lived in apartments bigger than that. IMO AB may not have been aware of some of the abuse Zahra suffered-but in a house that size he was turning a blind eye to alot!!

    "It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    16,427
    Quote Originally Posted by SherlockHomey View Post
    I did ask the officer this exact question. She didn't really know but did say that it was released a week or so ago and she guesses they just had another lead and then came to secure it. She didn't know much. I think they are keeping local PD out of it at this point.
    Thank you for taking all the photos today. Would you kindly repost the link to your photo album as I totally forgot it!

  15. #15
    I am wondering if they maybe cut out (saws were said to be brought in) some of the walls and/or floor and were doing it on that. I don't know of course, just speculating.

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #39
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 671
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 01:57 AM
  2. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36
    By Cubby in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 688
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 06:45 PM
  3. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #35
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 515
    Last Post: 11-01-2010, 12:59 AM
  4. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #25
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 542
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 09:49 PM
  5. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 23
    By Salem in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 549
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 10:06 PM