NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding social networks
Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.
IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
Just imagine if is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to the mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.
The mods are listed at the bottom right of the forum under the index, they can generally help. If not, they will ask admin for guidance and we will all decide what is best.
Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.
We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

Rumors are not allowed! No sleuthing AY his facebook page or the London Dude. If you have questions please PM me or a Mod, we will be happy to help. Lets keep the threads dedicated to Zahra. Thank you.

Ima

I am not putting LE down, but this luminol business bugs me.

Why didn't they use luminol on Zahra's room prior to today?

Does anyone know if all those different coloured lights could be to detect something else besides blood?

Sorry... copying from last thread....

Okay! I have an idea!! NG is on again... repeat... and I'll watch for time as there's 30 minutes left in which I see it which will make it easier to check out Patty's version and THEN give a time in which yawl can see what I'm talking about in regard to the possible prosthesis in the brush pile. (Whilst parenting and keeping the girls quiet for sick hubs... )

I don't like where my thoughts are going with regard to the extensive (apparent) luminol testing in Zahra's room, what it might mean as far as how she died. Maybe it just takes hours and hours to be thorough enough and it's as much ruling out as finding specific evidence. I hope so. I don't want to think she died in such a way that her blood or other biologic evidence is on the walls. :(

Testing like this yields so many results; fibers, dirt, footprints, sweat, urine, semen and, of course, blood.

[EDIT: It can also pick up bleach, or if bleach has been used to clean a scene.]

The reason I ask if there was a window on the wall they were *heavily* searching (I am carrying that term over from another's post) is, something from the outside could of come in/or vice versa.

I know I am stretching, but I am sure if LE found blood soaked items in the house there wouldn't be the question of "We are testing this for Zahra." Also, I am pretty sure that AB would be straight back to jail, don't collect 200 dollars.

I'm trying to understand why this house has not been secured from the early days of this investigation. I think that will present quite a problem for LE and the DA during prosecution.

I am not putting LE down, but this luminol business bugs me.

Why didn't they use luminol on Zahra's room prior to today?

Does anyone know if all those different coloured lights could be to detect something else besides blood?

I get your point. All I can say is that they have spent every day it seems searching an area...almost like they are getting so many leads they are going to the "hottest" lead at the time and then having to go back and search a 2nd time again when they have more time. They have worked so hard on this case.

I'm trying to understand why this house has not been secured from the early days of this investigation. I think that will present quite a problem for LE and the DA during prosecution.

how long was it between the initial amber alert and when it was declared a homicide investigation??

I did ask the officer this exact question. She didn't really know but did say that it was released a week or so ago and she guesses they just had another lead and then came to secure it. She didn't know much. I think they are keeping local PD out of it at this point.

Just saying and I could be wrong but if there's blood splatter I think the same dogs that hit on the cars/wood chippers etc. would have hit on the inside of the house. JMO though, don't even know if the dogs went inside but I'm assuming so. So for now I'm saying no blood splatter in the house. No I don't think she/they could clean it all.

I don't like where my thoughts are going with regard to the extensive (apparent) luminol testing in Zahra's room, what it might mean as far as how she died. Maybe it just takes hours and hours to be thorough enough and it's as much ruling out as finding specific evidence. I hope so. I don't want to think she died in such a way that her blood or other biologic evidence is on the walls. :(

Also gotta remember, anytime your using CSI type tricks on a crime scene involving biologicals, you are looking at all kinds of everyday biologicals and trying to "pick out" the ones that seem excessive or out of place.

ie. evidence of blood on a wall in a certain pattern would indicate foul play, in another small amount of blood could be cut finger from years ago, put hand on wall to steady self as . . . yada yada

I am very glad they are performing such a thourough search but I know it is not as simple as going in and saying we have relevant dna over here, fluids over here, bag this, tag that. It has to be sort of like working a puzzle when you know you may not have all the piece and then on top of that you have the pieces from a bunch of other puzzles scattered all in with your pieces. KWIM?

For this picture, I cropped out everyone else just so my eyes could concentrate on what he has in his hand.

2qjc289.jpg

Now in the picture, I cropped down to just the item and then played with the color values till I could basically just see a highlight of the item.

2nui2w8.jpg

I'm thinking small knife perhaps with dirt and leaves around it. Thoughts?

I really wish we had a floor plan of the house. Was Zahra's bedroom right next to EB and AB's bedroom? I read somewhere the house is only about 978 sq feet-very small house. I've lived in apartments bigger than that. IMO AB may not have been aware of some of the abuse Zahra suffered-but in a house that size he was turning a blind eye to alot!!:banghead:

I did ask the officer this exact question. She didn't really know but did say that it was released a week or so ago and she guesses they just had another lead and then came to secure it. She didn't know much. I think they are keeping local PD out of it at this point.

Thank you for taking all the photos today. Would you kindly repost the link to your photo album as I totally forgot it!

I am wondering if they maybe cut out (saws were said to be brought in) some of the walls and/or floor and were doing it on that. I don't know of course, just speculating.

I know this is a big favor to ask of people I hardly know, but I've been away since... maybe thread # 17?

Read about the mattress, heard he was arrested (?!?!?!!?), and read speculation she was dismembered... has anything else happened recently? Would someone pretty please give me a quick update?

The local's up close reports from what's happening today has been fabulous. They know all the details from following this from the get go - so are much more attuned than reporters from MSM, who cover many stories at one time and are not so up to speed on all the previous details. Well - that's what it seems like to me anyway.

Kudos to all who are reporting eye witness accounts today!

Wow, these threads have flown by today. So glad to see we are still getting blow by blow info from our fellow WS'rs here - keep up the fantastic work! Almost scary to leave my keyboard as the info and messages keep coming so fast.

I am new here but have had a theory replaying in my head for days now. Forgive me if this has already been discussed.

Didn't the Brittany who filed charges against EB and AB say that Elisa had called her right about this same time asking her to drop the charges? What if little Zahra came out and asked for something right about this same time? If EB was really mad because Brittany refused to drop charges then she may well have taken that anger out on Zahra because she was there and an easy target for her. Maybe told her to get back to her room and followed her and unspeakable things happened from there?

Thank you for taking all the photos today. Would you kindly repost the link to your photo album as I totally forgot it!

You are welcome. I cannot post the link right now as the photos are still uploading. I will as soon as they finish. I put the ones I took tonight in a separate album.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member