Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #30

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Quote Originally Posted by luckygirl View Post
    Is there any way to find out when/if there will be a live press release? I would think they would be releasing some news soon, wouldn't you?
    Not necessarily, especially if they haven't found anything.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kat View Post
    Of course I am jaded after having been a member here at WS.

But I can honestly say this wholehearedly. IF I ever had direct knowledge of a crime, if I had a family member accused of a crime, if I had a friend or aquaintence accused of a crime.

I would not be speaking to the media period. No way no how. LE--yes. Not the media whooboy not them.

JMHO.
    Speaking from experience that is the way to go-- even in small towns the media is out for headlines. I didn't speak to the media until the trial, by then I knew the reporter and was comfortable that he was fair minded and he was.
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kalekona For This Useful Post:

Just wanted to thank every one for keeping up the tags and again to invite any guests to go ahead and sign up and tell us your thoughts. I promise that we won't hurt you as long as you are kind, speculative, and want to discuss the case. And if a random comment that brings a smile or sparks a new thought in someone else's mind, that is highly encouraged around here (as long as you make efforts to stay on topic).

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    In all honesty I think I would get the guy a break if is truly interfering with his business. This is at least the second straight day and has been going on and off for weeks now. His nerves are probably bad from all this and the economy is bad all over as it is, maybe he can't afford the loss of business, not everyone is prospering in these times.

I also feel for the home owner. I know it all must be done but can't be good for his livihood either.
    IMHO, if he were a smart business man, he would be making sake lunches for the workers and at least passing out menus!

Quote Originally Posted by kalekona View Post
    I tend to agree- it was inanimate objects that went through the chipper- I just have to say that if they were picking up bits and pieces of that little girl it wouldn't be out in the open like that, and they would be even more emotional.
    IMHO I don't feel like there is a lot of heavy emotion on the scene. Maybe it's just me but in several photos I see relaxed but dedicated faces. IMO they are leaving no stone unturned but haven't discovered anything particularly disturbing as of yet.

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MountainChick For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PunKnLuV View Post
    Hubby told him he would make sure to let his friends and family know how he acted. He didn't think they would want to eat somewhere if they knew the owner was a *$^*#$*(

Seriously this guy was complaining about the fact that SOME of his parking lot had been taped off. He was complaining to the officers that his customers couldn't park....I mean they are only trying to find this child and allow her peace. I can see why you would be more concerned about your parking spaces!!
    Wow... can Nancy Grace get this guy on camera complaining about his parking area... and her confront him... That I would watch....
    .. Please help Kyron come home!!

11. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to froginTtown For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    This is one of the worst cases I've ever read about, along with that of Ethan Stacy and another one which really broke me up: little Tiffany Wright of the UK, who was starved to death by her parents who partied downstairs in the pub the mother owned:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...arly-year.html

Sorry to get off-topic, but these cases of ungodly cruelty are just unexplainable.
    Yes, Ethan Stacy is equally horrific, and I had not heard of Tiffany before. I read your link - 12 and 5 year sentences?! It truly sickens me.

Also sorry about the brief OT!

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to bdawk20 For This Useful Post:

Wink

My point was that I tend to agree with that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by kalekona View Post
    Except BS was all over FB and the media accusing her mother of abusing Zahra.

but if it is true she visited on Thur and saw Zahra she may have visited her mother--- but something just tells me no.
    The niece in law( ? )is the Brittany B that was accusing EB. The daughter is also named Brittany S. On the myspace I viewed, it seemed that daughter Brittany is Eb's golden child, and there was some distance between EB and her other two daughters and son.

Anyway, OT, but I told my 4-year-old that there were dogs searching for a missing little girl. She said "They will smell the little girl's stinky feet and find her!" lol

16. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to coffeemom For This Useful Post:

I don't usually follow these types of cases so closely. Without being too graphic, I don't exactly understand LE taking the entire house apart. The drains I understand. I also get looking under floorboards & into crawl spaces. Are there other reasons they are dismantling that house? (my take on it from what I've read)

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by coffeemom View Post
    The niece in law( ? )is the Brittany B that was accusing EB. The daughter is also named Brittany S. On the myspace I viewed, it seemed that daughter Brittany is Eb's golden child, and there was some distance between EB and her other two daughters and son.

Anyway, OT, but I told my 4-year-old that there were dogs searching for a missing little girl. She said "They will smell the little girl's stinky feet and find her!" lol
    Thank you for sharing your 4 year old's comments. I miss the giggles about "stinky feet" at my house.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to wenwe4 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy113 View Post
    I don't usually follow these types of cases so closely. Without being too graphic, I don't exactly understand LE taking the entire house apart. The drains I understand. I also get looking under floorboards & into crawl spaces. Are there other reasons they are dismantling that house? (my take on it from what I've read)
    My own opinion-- I think they are looking for evidence of drugs (specifically meth lab residue) so they have something to convict AB with. Just speculating.
    Last edited by coffeemom; 10-28-2010 at 05:23 PM.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to coffeemom For This Useful Post:

I am not a fan by any means of NG but I really really hope she gets wind of the guy c/o parking for his customers.....and keeps bringing up the name of his establishment and so on.....what an ........................

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krt For This Useful Post:

This is one of the worst cases I've ever read about, along with that of Ethan Stacy and another one which really broke me up: little Tiffany Wright of the UK, who was starved to death by her parents who partied downstairs in the pub the mother owned:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...arly-year.html

Sorry to get off-topic, but these cases of ungodly cruelty are just unexplainable.
    If you haven't read Sandra Cantu's subforum, that's another one.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=324"]Sandra Cantu - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

I read the testimony of the ME there (there was a pdf link on the threads) and I literally had to take a "sanity" break from websleuths for several months.

It was that disturbing. JMHO.
    "Three things in human life are important: The first is to be kind; the second is to be kind; and the third is to be kind." ~ Henry James

Quote Originally Posted by froginTtown View Post
    Wow... can Nancy Grace get this guy on camera complaining about his parking area... and her confront him... That I would watch....
    Great Idea lets email her LOL

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rbrnmw2 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by coffeemom View Post
    My own opinion-- I think they are looking for evidence of drugs so they have something to convict AB with. Just speculating.

I think they are looking for any evidence that will help them find Zahra and any evidence of a crime that took place in the house.

I don't think they are looking for drugs.
    JMO

O/T speaking of drugs: Howard K. Stern was just found guilty on 2 counts of conspiracy to funnel prescription drugs to Anna Nicole Smith.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

29. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mandy113 View Post
    If they're literally taking the house apart, all I can think of is they're looking for a body or body parts hidden behind a wall, or under a floor.
    Did AB have any experience in drywall or construction, etc?

The more they tear that house up, the more disturbing this is getting.

31. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Cher352 View Post
    In all honesty I think I would get the guy a break if is truly interfering with his business. This is at least the second straight day and has been going on and off for weeks now. His nerves are probably bad from all this and the economy is bad all over as it is, maybe he can't afford the loss of business, not everyone is prospering in these times.

I also feel for the home owner. I know it all must be done but can't be good for his livihood either.
    I agree with this. The poor economy is a stressor for many. Granted, the guy might be a bit more polite with his requests but ...

He's another innocent victim of this pair (AB & EB), as well as the homeowner.

JMHO

33. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Mandy113 For This Useful Post:

Sandra Cantu - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I read the testimony of the ME there (there was a pdf link on the threads) and I literally had to take a "sanity" break from websleuths for several months.

WA- Eli Creekmore.. just horrible and includes CPS failure

O/T Anna Nicole Smiths psychiatrist- and Howard K Stern convicted
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kalekona For This Useful Post:

Ya, that bistro owner could make more business by bringing over free coffee, and a menu, maybe offering to deliver to them for free so they can avoid media. I used to work at a bakery near a huge fire in so Oregon, and we made a ton of money by offering free coffee for the firefighters, and delivering sandwiches and snacks. Our money was made by locals coming in after hearing that we were supporting the heroes out there working. I does not pay to be rude! IMO sorry o/t
    Last edited by mommy23; 10-28-2010 at 05:26 PM. Reason: spelling

Sandra Cantu - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Me too Kat ... that case just about did me in totally.

38. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:

No new info on search. Investigators still digging and sifting. Dog was brought out again but no info on any alert or not.

http://twitter.com/RadBerkywcnc
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

40. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    I am really surprised we have not heard anything from AB's relatives, the Grandmother and uncle.
    Probably sitting tight seeing how this is going to turn out ... AB is not necessarily going to be honest with them either -- unless it was all EB.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

RadBerkywcnc RadBerky
    No new info on search. Investigators still digging and sifting. Dog was brought out again but no info on any alert or not.
    The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them. ~Lois McMaster Bujold

44. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

If they're literally taking the house apart, all I can think of is they're looking for a body or body parts hidden behind a wall, or under a floor.
    Did AB have any experience in drywall or construction, etc?

The more they tear that house up, the more disturbing this is getting.
    What I find equally if not more disturbing is that LE, after they declared the case no longer a missing person but a homicide, has never once after that declaration mentioned that they were searching for her BODY anywhere. Just for 'pieces' of evidence. Does anyone else find that odd?
    The Soul is never complete; it's continually in a state of becoming more. That's why you are Forever.

Justice for Stacy Peterson & Kathleen Savio

Find Stacy Peterson|timeline

Life is an Echo. Everything comes back; the good, the evil, the truth, the false. Karma escapes no one.

Every 16 minutes someone dies by suicide.

Make a Difference. Save a Life. Walk in 2014
    Shedding light on the epidemic of suicide by giving survivors a voice.
    http://www.theovernight.org/

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast