30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJC

HARROD - CONSERVATORSHIP

08/07/2009

PROBATE

CONSERVATORSHIP OF ESTATE ONLY

ORDER DESIGNATING PROBATE REFEREE FILED BY B, P.S. ON 10/15/2010

10/15/2010

B. P.S. ON 10/15/2010

https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPubv2/DisplayCase.do?caseNbr=30-2009-00291267-PR-CE-LJC&src=case_src_dtl#top_page

Case Number

Title

Filing Date

Category

Case Type

30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC

HARROD - TRUST

08/28/2009

PROBATE

TRUST PROCEEDINGS

ORDER DESIGNATING PROBATE REFEREE FILED BY B., P.S. ON 10/15/2010

10/15/2010

B., P.S. ON 10/15/2010

ORDER APPOINTING SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE FILED BY B., P.S. and B., R.D. ON 06/18/2010

06/18/2010

B., P.S. and B., R.D. ON 06/18/2010

SURETY BOND FILED BY B., P.S. and B., R.D ON 06/18/2010

06/18/2010

B., P.S. and B., R.D ON 06/18/2010

PAYMENT RECEIVED BY FOR 37 - STIPULATION AND ORDER IN THE AMOUNT OF 20.00, TRANSACTION NUMBER AND RECEIPT NUMBER 10461173.

05/13/2010

(P) COURT'S ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE SCHEDULED FOR 11/16/2010 AT 01:30:00 PM IN L73 AT LAMOREAUX JUSTICE CENTER.
05/13/2010

https://ocapps.occourts.org/ProbPubv2/DisplayCase.do?caseNbr=30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC&src=case_src_dtl#top_page

SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA COUNTY OF ORANGE
NOTICE TO ATTORNEYS / PROBATE EXAMINERS NOTES

REGARDING CASE: 30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC - HARROD - TRUST
CDD: No CDD found
PARTY NUMBER: MATTER: 70980804
HEARING SET FOR: 01:30 PM November 16, 2010 DEPT L73 Page 1 of 2
REVIEWED 10/06/10

COURT SETS ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE ON 11/16/10 1:30 L73 RE: ACCOUNTING

PER M/O OF 05/05/10 ROBERT(?) D.B, AND P.S.B ARE
APPOINTED AS SUCCESSOR CO-TRUSTEE OF ROBERT MERLE HARROD. 1,700,000
BOND REQUIRED. TRUST TO BE COURT SUPERVISED. PETITIONERS ARE NOT
AUTHORIZED TO SELL ANY TRUST ASSETS OR OBTAIN ANY LOANS SECURED BY
TRUST ASSETS WITHOUT PRIOR COURT APPROVAL. THIS RESTRICTION IS
LIMITED TO THE REAL ESTATE OWED BY THE HARROD FAMILY TRUST AND DOES
NOT PERTAIN TO OR IN ANY WAY RESTRICT THE MANAGEMENT AND SALE OF
SECURITIES BY WAY OF TRADING.

REQUIRES ACCOUNTING TO BE FILED.

http://www.occourts.org/calendars/probnotesroot/probnotesv3/30-2009-00297798-pr-tr-ljcm70980804.html

Probate code section 16247 specifically allows Probate Referees to provide values in trust matters which are necessary for purposes of distribution, sale of assets, tax filings or general trust valuations. Using an independent Probate Referee for such matters helps relieve the Trustee of potential conflicts of interest or liability for errors. http://probatereferees.org/index.php

The bold and italic as well as the question mark are mine.

As to the court document shown above, ..maybe I am not catching on quickly today, but
it seems that they now have to show an accounting of the money they may have spent from Robert's account. This is limited to real estate only and nothing to do with any securities trading.

?

Does the trust have securities that can be traded?

As to the court document shown above, ..maybe I am not catching on quickly today, but
it seems that they now have to show an accounting of the money they may have spent from Robert's account. This is limited to real estate only and nothing to do with any securities trading.

?

Does the trust have securities that can be traded?

Good questions, dream. If you click on the link regarding the probate referee, it has an extremely detailed brochure discussing why a conservator or an attorney in fact would want to use them to provide the court with an inventory of the estate. That appears to be the bulk of the referee's role.

The co conservators of Bob's "estate" are prohibited by the court from liquidating any real estate holdings. Other things are allowed for, including liquidating and trading stocks provided the co conservators are maintaining Bob's best interests while doing it. And the court wants recordkeeping done of any activity on any of the holdings.

This is how I am reading it.

So I believe that the referee will provide the court with an inventory of Bob's things, including stocks bonds accounts, possessions, holdings etc. I would hope that the co conservators also turn over to the court an accounting of the last 14 months-SOP. And undoubtedly they will be very forthcoming in showing the judge how well they have been taking care of Bob's interests. :)

Has there been any further information on polygraphs? Specifically:

-- who has been asked to take one?
-- who has refused?
-- who has passed or failed?

I remember there being some initial discussion of polygraphs, but as far as I have searched, I have seen no information about any one of Bob's daughters, his SiL, or his grandson passing one.

It would be telling if there is any indication that anyone refused or failed. Recently, in a case discussed in this forum, someone was indicted for obstruction of justice by a grand jury for denying knowledge of or involvement in a woman's disappearance. It's hard to imagine at this point, given the behavior we've seen, that multiple people do not have knowledge of what happened to Bob.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if at some point some of Bob's family members are charged with OOJ in his case. IMO, it's as likely as the Yankee's winning another World Series sometime in the future.

On another note, interesting site and read about no body murder cases.

http://www.nobodymurdercases.com/index.html

jmo

Has there been any further information on polygraphs? Specifically:

-- who has been asked to take one?
-- who has refused?
-- who has passed or failed?

I remember there being some initial discussion of polygraphs, but as far as I have searched, I have seen no information about any one of Bob's daughters, his SiL, or his grandson passing one.

It would be telling if there is any indication that anyone refused or failed. Recently, in a case discussed in this forum, someone was indicted for obstruction of justice by a grand jury for denying knowledge of or involvement in a woman's disappearance. It's hard to imagine at this point, given the behavior we've seen, that multiple people do not have knowledge of what happened to Bob.

I have the same thoughts. We have no confirmed information on who took a polygraph and who did not.

It would make sense that the hairdresser took and passed a polygraph. She has been cleared.

The daughters posted many things on IS, but never mentioned if they took and passed a polygraph. I would think if they, the SIL or the GS had taken a polygraph and passed they would have made that known.

We do know that polygraphs have been offered to all involved. Paul did post that some family members had refused to be polygraphed.

as of a few hours ago DNA info still not updated on NamUs :(

Also, and this is jmo, IF by chance the human remains found in Lucerne Valley are Bobs, due to degradation of the remains I believe only mitochondrial dna will be useful. It would be interesting to know if the ME has obtained both Nuclear and mitochondrial dna from those remains....... We don't know what type is available for the remains in Lucerne Valley.....

and now I am confused. If Bob only has the nuclear type DNA and the John Doe only has mitochondrial can those be matched up with each other or do the same types need to be compared? :waitasec: I sware I need to go take a basic class on this DNA stuff.

as of a few hours ago DNA info still not updated on NamUs :(

Also, and this is jmo, IF by chance the human remains found in Lucerne Valley are Bobs, due to degradation of the remains I believe only mitochondrial dna will be useful. It would be interesting to know if the ME has obtained both Nuclear and mitochondrial dna from those remains....... We don't know what type is available for the remains in Lucerne Valley.....

and now I am confused. If Bob only has the nuclear type DNA and the John Doe only has mitochondrial can those be matched up with each other or do the same types need to be compared? :waitasec: I sware I need to go take a basic class on this DNA stuff.

Almost always they do both-as in if they had a primary source of DNA (a skin cell, a hat, a toothbrush, a tissue), they do nuclear and mitochondrial for the reason you mentioned...degraded samples sometimes only give up mito.

They put to bed an incredibly heartbreaking Missing Persons case today-the case of Lynsie Ekelund who had been missing nine long horrifying years.

http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2010/10/arrest_made_in_nine_-year-old.php

Keep going, PPD-just keep chugging along. I knew I liked this department.

RIP Lynsie.

That is a heartbreaking case, but Im so glad for Lynsie's mom. Finally she knows what happened to her daughter. :-( I cant imagine all those years and not knowing...

Sections below snipped from the OC Office of the DA 2009 Biennial Report. While the PPD may have limited resources, the OC DA’s Office and organization looks to have extensive resources and experience. Let’s hope they’ve been engaged on Bob’s case.

=====

Bureau of Investigation
The Bureau of Investigation is the law enforcement division that provides trial preparation assistance to deputy district attorneys and investigates original jurisdiction cases for the Orange County District Attorney’s Office (OCDA).

Under the direction of Chief Don Blankenship and Assistant Chief Mike Major, the Bureau is comprised of over 200 sworn police investigators who have extensive experience through previous employment as police officers with other law enforcement agencies and possess highly developed technical skills, exemplary work records, and outstanding personal histories.

The Bureau also employs 55 additional nonsworn support team members. The Bureau prepares and serves search warrants, collects additional evidence for cases, arrests suspects, and locates uncooperative or reluctant witnesses. The Bureau develops additional witnesses and conducts interviews of witnesses and victims. During trial, Bureau investigators ensure the safety of victims and witnesses. They also engage in trial strategy with their deputy district attorney partner.

TracKRS
The Orange County District Attorney (OCDA) is committed to protecting the community by providing the best available resources to maximize law enforcement efforts. The OCDA’s Task Force Review aimed at catching Killers, Rapists, and Sexual offenders(TracKRS) maintains and provides an information system for Orange County law enforcement to access a secure Internet site from their computers. TracKRS provides assistance in the investigation of homicides and sexual assaults. The TracKRS Review Committee identifies problems and sets investigative priorities. The Committee consists of police investigators, crime analysts, criminalists, forensic technicians, fingerprint experts, deputy district attorneys, District Attorney investigators and other experts.

Homicide
The Homicide Unit prosecutes murders and voluntary manslaughters. First degree murder is when a defendant intentionally kills another person, having premeditated and deliberated the killing. Special circumstances allegations are when the murder was committed during the commission of certain serious felonies such as robbery, burglary or rape, against victims such as police officers, elected officials or judges, or while lying in wait, among other factors. A first degree murder with special circumstances makes the defendant eligible for the death penalty.

http://www.orangecountyda.com/docs/132475112009biennialreport2009.pdf
http://orangecountyda.com/home/index.asp

Thinking again about the income situation for family members at the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Daughter J and SIL were both unemployed in July 2009.

IIRC, daughter P was not employed at the time. Daughter R did post about having to go back to work.

GS had some money troubles in the past. Not sure how he was doing financially in 2009.

Gaining access to Bob's money must have been a blessing to some of those who were not working.

(Rare case of raw public sarcasm spewing from my fingertips.)

Regarding the court documents quoted earlier --

REGARDING CASE: 30-2009-00297798-PR-TR-LJC - HARROD - TRUST
CDD: No CDD found
PARTY NUMBER: MATTER: 70980804
HEARING SET FOR: 01:30 PM November 16, 2010 DEPT L73 Page 1 of 2
REVIEWED 10/06/10

COURT SETS ORDER TO SHOW CAUSE ON 11/16/10 1:30 L73 RE: ACCOUNTING

Does anyone know if the hearing on 16 November is open to the public?

Regarding the court documents quoted earlier --

Does anyone know if the hearing on 16 November is open to the public?

Open to the public? Why, is someone thinking of going?
But to answer the question, I don't know.

I did find one google answer that yes, it is open to the public.

Also, can call the county and ask to make sure.

It is a probate court hearing-there is no reason to seal it unless we are talking about OJ and still it wouldnt be sealed. I happened to be in court one day when a former major celebrity was dragged in regarding some support issues. It was a CIRCUS and still the courtroom wasnt sealed.

The judge will be hearing not just this case but others that day. :)

ETA; You want to make sure it is still on the docket and that it hasnt been moved or delayed for any reason...keep the docket number and call the courthouse in the morning before you make the trek.

I can't take any credit for discovering this myself, but there is a mention of Bob's case in the November 2 OC Register, in an article about the Lynsie Ekelund murder case, which the PPD and the TracKRS solved this week:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/lynsie-273996-ekelund-police.html

If you go to the photos in the linked article, one of Bob and Georgia is included. The caption reads in part: "The case, which is being treated as a potential homicide, is being actively pursued by the Placentia Police Department, Chief Jim Anderson said."

(*thanks again to the person who found this item.)

Looking forward to hearing that PPD and TracKRS are working on this one as well!!!!

Thinking again about the income situation for family members at the time of Mr. Harrod's disappearance.

Daughter J and SIL were both unemployed in July 2009.

IIRC, daughter P was not employed at the time. Daughter R did post about having to go back to work.

GS had some money troubles in the past. Not sure how he was doing financially in 2009.

I wonder if P is working now and if R is still working. Or maybe managing Bob's estate and going to court hearings is their full-time job now. They could print out some fliers and post them along the way to the Justice Center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong