Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 250 of 598

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #32

  1. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,111

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:


  3. #227
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,111
    off Ekard pl there is a swing gate, and I saw that on the video when HLN was showing where the leg was found

  4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:


  5. #228
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    9,101
    In the opinion of the neighbor across the street re Location of the Prosthetic Leg:

    GRACE: Melissa Mahlenbrock with us. She`s just across the street from the area where Zahra`s little leg has now been recovered. Melissa, do you know how far off the road the leg was? Was it as if someone had just thrown it from a car passing by, or did somebody take time to walk back in there to discard the leg?

    MAHLENBROCK: Well, what I can say to you is that people do pull off onto that section where the gated fence is and either put the trash there or they can throw it from their car. Either way, it will reach behind the gate. From where they have cleared, there`s a possibility that they could have put it right over the gate or maybe a couple feet back. They didn`t clear that far back...

    GRACE: Does that mean, Melissa -- does that mean they could have thrown it from the car, or did they have to get out of car?

    MAHLENBROCK: They could have thrown it from the car, but it would have been lost in the brush. It definitely was not on the side of the road.

    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../27/ng.01.html

  6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to epiphany For This Useful Post:


  7. #229
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    513
    Maybe LE should get a list of all the people that received mulch from that company and take the dogs to every place to see if the dogs hit on anything. MOOOC

  8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TrialAddict For This Useful Post:


  9. #230
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,111
    Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    In the opinion of the neighbor across the street re Location of the Prosthetic Leg:

    GRACE: Melissa Mahlenbrock with us. She`s just across the street from the area where Zahra`s little leg has now been recovered. Melissa, do you know how far off the road the leg was? Was it as if someone had just thrown it from a car passing by, or did somebody take time to walk back in there to discard the leg?

    MAHLENBROCK: Well, what I can say to you is that people do pull off onto that section where the gated fence is and either put the trash there or they can throw it from their car. Either way, it will reach behind the gate. From where they have cleared, there`s a possibility that they could have put it right over the gate or maybe a couple feet back. They didn`t clear that far back...

    GRACE: Does that mean, Melissa -- does that mean they could have thrown it from the car, or did they have to get out of car?

    MAHLENBROCK: They could have thrown it from the car, but it would have been lost in the brush. It definitely was not on the side of the road.

    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../27/ng.01.html
    YEs but traveling I only saw this one gate, and there is a house right before and after..a few trailers before also. This is the area that fits the most that I have searched but I could be way off. It is in the 3000 area

  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:


  11. #231
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Hickory, NC
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsetbeach View Post
    You mean there may be more than one? Lera 213 found a Google shot with it and in that photo is also what looks to be an old road (not pavement) that leads to the woods. I'm sure that google shot is not recent so I'm thinking it's a permanant gate with a stop sign. It almost looks like it was a swing arm type metal gate.
    I've moved the red thumbtack marker to the area I think you are describing. I see a dirt road that sounds like the one the woman on NG was describing, leading up to a farm area. There is also a wide spot on the shoulder of the road that looks similar to the ones in the news coverage videos where they had the tents over it.

    I still have it labeled as "approximate" for now, I'll try to confirm for sure tomorrow. If it's blocked off, I have an excuse to get up there, I have a client on that road.

  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to big4dropout For This Useful Post:


  13. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,111
    Quote Originally Posted by big4dropout View Post
    I've moved the red thumbtack marker to the area I think you are describing. I see a dirt road that sounds like the one the woman on NG was describing, leading up to a farm area. There is also a wide spot on the shoulder of the road that looks similar to the ones in the news coverage videos where they had the tents over it.

    I still have it labeled as "approximate" for now, I'll try to confirm for sure tomorrow. If it's blocked off, I have an excuse to get up there, I have a client on that road.
    Great I would like confirmation if that is the area. Really I spent 3 hours traveling that road on google earth...LOL know how many times it crashed on me? I'm not from that area and let me tell you, very hard to do this.

  14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:


  15. #233
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Could be. But if you were acting alone, why would you bother to split them up? Wouldn't you want to keep as much evidence of your crime in one place as possible? And then, torch the car with the evidence in it (if you're planning on setting a fire anyway, kwim? Doesn't make sense. To my mind, there's panic involved here. I don't think Zahra went missing that night. I think she's BEEN missing, and something forced his/her/their hand that ended with the Sat. fire and missing child report.
    I'm not sure they went to extrodinary means to do away with her remains.
    It takes someone with a very strong stomach, and some medical knowledge to do this, or at least some butchering skills. I'm not saying there aren't those who do, but somehow, I can't see EB doing all the work involved.

    I think, perhaps, that she hid the body in both vechicles, or had something to do with the body in both cars.

    I could see her dumping the body, weighed down, in a lake, or by a lake, somewhere there would be predators and no people. Some place where no one would go, or she would think that no one would bother checking. This is someone who just tossed the prostetic leg out a window, most likely, I can't see her going to extreme lengths to get rid of the body. This doesn't look like a neighborhood where she'd have leisure to do much outside with the body. It looks like there is some traffic there and there are neighbors close by.

    I'm wondering what this person from England, the fellow she knew, thinks of this. Why would he send her money? Wouldn't he be wary of this woman who had a step daughter that I wonder if he knew about? It's so odd.


  16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fyrecat For This Useful Post:


  17. #234
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    YEs but traveling I only saw this one gate, and there is a house right before and after..a few trailers before also. This is the area that fits the most that I have searched but I could be way off. It is in the 3000 area
    I do believe you have the right spot. Not only the stop sign but the relation of the power pole as well (Both seen in chopper video).http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...00534&t=h&z=21
    MOO.

  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunsetbeach For This Useful Post:


  19. #235
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by darlin gal View Post
    The third car that is only mentioned once on page 6 of the search warrant documents and has not been mentioned elsewhere is an 05 Impala. It wasn't a Monte Carlo.
    Thanks ~~ I can't tell one breed of car from another.. sorry
    I am "The Elephants Child."

  20. The Following User Says Thank You to peg4x4 For This Useful Post:


  21. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,111
    Thanks sunsetbeach...my little contributions...however small it helped me feel better. Grin

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:


  23. #237
    Cubby is offline 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Chicago burbs
    Posts
    71,889

    Exclamation

    Originally posted by JBean:

    Please do not alter the names of anyone discussed in this case, except appropriate abbreviations.Derogatory name changes, or any kind of name change is not acceptable.

    Name calling is not allowed, TO's will be given.

    Thanks for your cooperation.

    [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106605"]Name Variations and Name calling - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]



    No racial or ethnic slurs and PLEASE do NOT quote posts with name calling, hit alert and let the mods take care of it. Quoting posts with TOS violations makes it difficult for the mods to catch and edit all inappropriate name calling.

    thank you!
    ~JMO~

    A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown


    Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

    You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.


    Websleuths Resource Center

    Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

  24. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:


  25. #238
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    Thanks sunsetbeach...my little contributions...however small it helped me feel better. Grin
    I appreciate your contributions!

    Spending several hours looking is not small. IMO.

    I looked the other day (when the chopper was up) but I could not find it and like you I looked for quite awhile. I gave up.

    Thank you so much!
    MOO.

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to sunsetbeach For This Useful Post:


  27. #239
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by peg4x4 View Post
    Thanks ~~ I can't tell one breed of car from another.. sorry
    OT:
    Heheh.. people ask me what kind of car I have and I answer "a black one"

    -Liv

  28. The Following User Says Thank You to Photo_liv For This Useful Post:


  29. #240
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,111
    Yeah and not to mention that google map pictures could be rather old and I mean years old!

  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:


  31. #241
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    60
    Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    off Ekard pl there is a swing gate, and I saw that on the video when HLN was showing where the leg was found
    Ekard Place also appears to have a cell tower. I wonder if LE has checked to see if and when EB and/or AB's phone pinged that tower?

  32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to paradox217 For This Useful Post:


  33. #242
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,111
    Quote Originally Posted by paradox217 View Post
    Ekard Place also appears to have a cell tower. I wonder if LE has checked to see if and when EB and/or AB's phone pinged that tower?
    nice catch...not that LE Would announce it but maybe that is what led them to that spot to search in the first place.

    Edit to add: That is usually what cops do, get cell phone records.

  34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:


  35. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    377
    Did you see this news article? I haven't seen it before so I thought I would link it. It gives some family background.

    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-want-our.html\

  36. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to luckygirl For This Useful Post:


  37. #244
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Knightsbridge
    Posts
    16,831
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    I have a feeling when the truth comes out about what they did they are going to be two of the most hated people on the face of the earth. But that's jmo.
    There is a reason those search warrants are sealed.


    Where does the line start ?


    Good day to you Teh ! Everyone here too
    Racing Doesn't Lie

  38. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to raisincharlie For This Useful Post:


  39. #245
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7,111
    Quote Originally Posted by luckygirl View Post
    Did you see this news article? I haven't seen it before so I thought I would link it. It gives some family background.

    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-want-our.html\
    How many cases have we hear a family member say my Son, Brother, Friend would never hurt her/him only to learn that indeed they did.

    It is natural for a parent to not want to believe or see the true nature of one of their children. I don't fault her, for she is a mother and what mother would not try to protect and believe their child. MOO

  40. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Lera213 For This Useful Post:


  41. #246
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    8,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrecat View Post
    I'm not sure they went to extrodinary means to do away with her remains.
    It takes someone with a very strong stomach, and some medical knowledge to do this, or at least some butchering skills. I'm not saying there aren't those who do, but somehow, I can't see EB doing all the work involved.

    I think, perhaps, that she hid the body in both vechicles, or had something to do with the body in both cars.

    I could see her dumping the body, weighed down, in a lake, or by a lake, somewhere there would be predators and no people. Some place where no one would go, or she would think that no one would bother checking. This is someone who just tossed the prostetic leg out a window, most likely, I can't see her going to extreme lengths to get rid of the body. This doesn't look like a neighborhood where she'd have leisure to do much outside with the body. It looks like there is some traffic there and there are neighbors close by.

    I'm wondering what this person from England, the fellow she knew, thinks of this. Why would he send her money? Wouldn't he be wary of this woman who had a step daughter that I wonder if he knew about? It's so odd.

    I don't neccesarily think he/she/they went to extraordinary means to dispose of the body, but I do think there was confusion about what to do with the body. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that the reason the evidence is spread out over such a large area is because the location of the body was changed more than once. I also wonder if the leg wasn't thought of until AFTER her body had been disposed of. The method of it's disposal just smacks of "uh oh!" to me. And then, when I think of AB adding in 911 call that the kidnappers took her leg with them...umm...why volunteer that info out of the blue? Unless, of course, you're thinking of that leg and secure in the fact that it isn't on your premises. Just MO.

  42. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:


  43. #247
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    60
    FWIW - There have been several posts about the missing car(s). IIRC there is an 05 Impala listed on a search warrant and a 76 Monte Carlo that EB's daughter said disappeared at the same time a Z. Someone posted earlier that the car may be in a lake. There are 3 likely lakes, if this is the case.

    Lake James 30 miles west of Hickory and has a lot of undeveloped areas. It is 150 ft at the deepest. However, Duke Energy is currently lowering the level to work on the powerhouse, so IF the car was rolled in here, it would most likely be visible by early January, because it would be nearly impossible to roll a car into the deepest part of the lake.

    Lake Rhodhiss is next, about 10 miles west of Hickory. It is about 60 ft at the deepest, but there will be a lot of water moving thru it as Duke lowers Lake James.

    Lake Hickory is VERY close to the 21st Ave House. It is about 100 ft at the deepest point, but the shoreline is 80% developed with homes. I would imagin that it would be hard to fine a secluded enough spot to roll a car into.

    There are also several fairly deep quarries in the area.

  44. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to paradox217 For This Useful Post:


  45. #248
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,893
    Was it ever confirmed that EB actually used drugs? How could she pay for them? For that matter, AB would certainly have known if she did use drugs. AND, who is her drug dealer. Drug dealers like to be paid. I have a real bad feeling about this.

  46. #249
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    London Ontario
    Posts
    541
    Quote Originally Posted by luckygirl View Post
    Did you see this news article? I haven't seen it before so I thought I would link it. It gives some family background.

    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-want-our.html\
    thank you, i had not seen it before

  47. The Following User Says Thank You to myzzy For This Useful Post:


  48. #250
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    8,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    Was it ever confirmed that EB actually used drugs? How could she pay for them? For that matter, AB would certainly have known if she did use drugs. AND, who is her drug dealer. Drug dealers like to be paid. I have a real bad feeling about this.
    IIRC, BB stated in a radio interview that EB sold drugs, and that EB was in fact her supplier.

  49. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:


Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #25
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 543
    Last Post: 10-26-2010, 09:49 PM
  2. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 23
    By Salem in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 548
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 10:06 PM
  3. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 # 22
    By imamaze in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 827
    Last Post: 10-25-2010, 04:55 PM
  4. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #9
    By Salem in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 515
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 10:35 PM
  5. NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #4
    By Cubby in forum Zahra Clare Baker General Discussion Threads
    Replies: 540
    Last Post: 10-12-2010, 10:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •