Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NC - Joseph Marett, Charlotte-Mecklenburg, 29 Oct 2010 - Missing from sav/way foods

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

NC - Joseph Marett, Charlotte-Mecklenburg, 29 Oct 2010 - Missing from sav/way foods

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officers say employees of Sav / Way Foods, off Central Avenue and Kilborne Drive, found their boss' keys, wallet and cell phone on his desk this morning, but Joseph Marett was not at the store.
    Police say surveillance video shows Marett opening the store early Friday morning. The video also shows him going out the back door to a storage area. That's the last time he was seen.
    Marett's mother told NewsChannel 36 that Marett usually carries a gun because he has been mugged before.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Polic...106315623.html

-------------------------------------------

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-business.html

Joseph Marett, who owns the Sav Way Foods on Central Avenue, went to work an hour early but hasnít been seen since, according to his fiancee. She added that Marettís pickup truck is still parked at the store.
    Marettís mother said his keys and phone were found on his desk.............The Sav Way is the only place Marrett has ever worked, according to his fiancee. He saved up enough money over time to buy the store,

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25567312/detail.html

Last edited by Cubby; 11-01-2010 at 03:47 PM.
    This bee my opinion

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

"Something had to have happened," Ingram said. "He's not the type that would just take off and go anywhere. He would have at least taken his cell phone if he was going to go somewhere."
    Ingram said Marett left home at about 6 a.m., planning to leave work early so that he could drive to South Carolina to put down a deposit on their wedding venue. Marett’s mother said surveillance video shows Marrett entering the store Friday morning, but never leaving.
    The Sav Way is the only place Marrett has ever worked, according to Ingram. He saved up enough money over time to buy the store, she said.
    Late Friday afternoon, detectives began going door to door at an apartment complex near the store, talking to residents and asking them questions.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25567312/detail.html

-----------------------

this does not sound good! I hope they get some good leads.....
    This bee my opinion

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

This bee my opinion

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Leaving his keys and cell phone...sounds like he intended to step outside for a minute to go get something from the storage area, maybe grab a smoke, and then come back in for business as usual. He just disappeared?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diphi For This Useful Post:

very informative video here (((to paraphrase)):

-mother says he was not moving well. he had recent neck and back surgery

-on pain meds but not enough to disorient him

-they have searched the area on the ground and by air; they are treating this as a worst case scenario

-father says he has been robbed/shot at at the store before

-his fiance' broke my heart! He was to leave work early to put a deposit down on their wedding venue

-5 min before the news segment was shot some neighbors came up and said they may have seen him on the sidewalk

-his truck is still in the front parking lot, keys, wallet and phone on his desk, and back door of the store open where video camera last caught him walking out the back door to a storage area. He was not seen re entering the store and the door was left open.
    This bee my opinion

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

CMPD's Homicide Unit has teamed up with the Missing Person Unit and the Eastway Division to search for 35-year-old Joseph Marett, Junior went missing from the 4400 block of Central Avenue early Friday morning.

Investigators say the employees of a business called police after Marett went missing around 6 am Friday.

Police say Marett came in at 6:00 a.m. and was last seen leaving the business a short time later. The employee stated that Marett's keys, cell phone, and vehicle were still on the premises.

There is surveillance video showing the business owner entering the business this morning, police told WBTV.

Police told WBTV that Marett was last seen wearing a sweater vest with a buttoned down shirt and tan khaki pants. He is approximately 6 feet tall.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13413214
    This bee my opinion

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department’s Homicide Unit, Missing Person Unit and the Eastway Division are conducting an investigation into the disappearance of a 35 year old white male. The incident took place at the 4400 block of Central Avenue in the Eastway Division. The call for service came in at 10:50 a.m. on Friday, October 29, 2010.
    The officers of the Eastway Division responded to a call for service placed by the employees of the business. The caller advised the owner came in at 6:00 a.m. and was last seen leaving the business a short time later.

more at this link:
    http://charlotteareanews.posterous.c...sory-from-cmpd
    This bee my opinion

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

This bee my opinion

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

So he went to work at 6 am and the call came in around 11 am by employees. I wonder what time they were scheduled to be at work - 11 am or earlier?

Kidnapped possibly? Just thinking out loud.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diphi For This Useful Post:

I'm on my BlackBerry, so I haven't read all of the articles. What immediately stuck out in my mind is that he was planning to leave early to put a deposit down for his wedding. I wonder if he got cold feet and disappeared, as I have heard others having done. I could be off base, but that was my immediate 1st thought.

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to hollye For This Useful Post:

Joseph Marett missing in NC

This man is my best friends' friend's brother
    Does that make sense?

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - Family and friends of a missing man will be back at the store Saturday where he disappeared to pass out more flyers.

Charlotte Mecklenburg Police say Joseph Marett, Jr., 35 disappeared from the SavWay store on Central Avenue early Friday morning under suspicious circumstances.

Several teams from CMPD working together including the Homicide Unit, the Missing Person Unit and the Eastway Division to search for Marett.

Investigators say the employees of a business called police after Marett went missing around 6 am Friday.

Police say Marett came in at 6:00 a.m. and was last seen leaving the business a short time later. The employee stated that Marett's keys, cell phone, and vehicle were still on the premises.

more at link.........

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13413214
    I sat there for the longest time
    after you were gone....
    thinking about all things we said.....
    and all the things we didn't say...
    I wonder if you misunderstood,
    cause I'm no good when it comes to talking....
    And I'm sorry,I didn't know the words.......
    to make you stay.

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to soyesterday For This Useful Post:

there is already a thread for him.

Quote Originally Posted by hollye View Post
    I'm on my BlackBerry, so I haven't read all of the articles. What immediately stuck out in my mind is that he was planning to leave early to put a deposit down for his wedding. I wonder if he got cold feet and disappeared, as I have heard others having done. I could be off base, but that was my immediate 1st thought.
    I wondered that too. However, would he walk away from the store he has worked in since he was 16, working his way up from bag boy to owner? Seems like he has his whole life invested in his store. Doesn't make sense for him to walk away from that. I dunno.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Ada For This Useful Post:

Here is the thread that has already been started for him: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118528"]NC NC - Joseph Marett, Charlotte-Mecklenburg, 29 Oct 2010 - Missing from sav/way foods - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
    "I've always found brilliance untempered by failure is purely arrogance, but brilliance that has overcome failure can be truly useful to your fellow man." ~~~Paul Zuckerman, Attorney at Law

All posts are my opinion only.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to cleo612 For This Useful Post:

Merged two threads for Joseph into one.

~Summer_Breeze

29. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Praying for you Joseph.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nursebeeme View Post

very informative video here (((to paraphrase)):

-mother says he was not moving well. he had recent neck and back surgery

-on pain meds but not enough to disorient him

-they have searched the area on the ground and by air; they are treating this as a worst case scenario

-father says he has been robbed/shot at at the store before

-his fiance' broke my heart! He was to leave work early to put a deposit down on their wedding venue

-5 min before the news segment was shot some neighbors came up and said they may have seen him on the sidewalk

-his truck is still in the front parking lot, keys, wallet and phone on his desk, and back door of the store open where video camera last caught him walking out the back door to a storage area. He was not seen re entering the store and the door was left open.

Some neighbors say they may have seen him on the sidewalk ? Why would he have walked to the sidewalk ? Was he looking to meet someone ? Makes no sense that he left his wallet,cell phone and keys behind... Don't most guys carry their wallets on them ? Why would he have left it on his desk,and left the back door to the store open ? Especially since he had been robbed there before ? Hope he's found safe.... MOO

All JMO

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to liz b. For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by liz b. View Post
    Some neighbors say they may have seen him on the sidewalk ? Why would he have walked to the sidewalk ? Was he looking to meet someone ? Makes no sense that he left his wallet,cell phone and keys behind... Don't most guys carry their wallets on them ? Why would he have left it on his desk,and left the back door to the store open ? Especially since he had been robbed there before ? Hope he's found safe.... MOO

All JMO
    My first thought is that he clearly intended to return to the inside of the store; that he was on a quick errand outside.
    Still, wedding plans can be very stressful. We all know of stories of people who ran from a potential wedding. Would someone who was deliberately trying to disappear leave his cell, etc. behind? Possibly, if he were being really smart about it...and really wanted to disappear....

No one saw a car or anything else?

35. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diphi For This Useful Post:

There are several businesses around....hoping a camera caught something.

37. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lori59 For This Useful Post:

looking for updates but not finding anything much.... hope there are some leads! Praying for the friends and family of Joseph!
    This bee my opinion

39. The Following User Says Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Help-f...65663513451574

facebook group for him...

Candlelight vigil for Joseph Monday November 1 @ 7 pm @ his store: Sav/Way Foods 4459 Central Ave, Charlotte,NC 28205
    This bee my opinion

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

This sure seems like something happened to him, not that he left because of wedding jitters. JMO.

He's at work early so he can leave early to put a deposit on a wedding venue.
    He has had recent back/neck surgery, moving a little slowly.
    On pain meds, but shouldn't affect him, per family.
    He went out the back door, leaving it open.

The questions that I come up with are:
    Why isn't he carrying his keys and cell phone with him, why are they on the desk?
    Is that his usual habit?
    Most people keep the cell phone on them and keys to their car as well.
    Did he hear something outside?
    Was it his practice to step outside after just arriving at work?

If someone intended to rob him, they would have left him there.
    If someone killed him, again, he would be at the scene.

Did someone kidnap him? If so, ...
    hoping that security cameras nearby caught more on tape.

Prayers for his family.
    God has a plan to help bring justice to the world -- and his plan is us.
    Gary Haugen
    Source: Founder, International

43. The Following User Says Thank You to dreamweaver For This Useful Post:

Ms. Ingram is my language arts teacher. I really hope they find her fiancee because i know she really loves him. My prayers r with her and her family.

45. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to azianah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by azianah View Post
    Ms. Ingram is my language arts teacher. I really hope they find her fiancee because i know she really loves him. My prayers r with her and her family.
    Welcome to WS, azianah.

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Family worried as search continues for missing man
    Posted: Sunday, Oct. 31, 2010

short, just-the-facts article
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#ixzz13wr13hPX

49. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast