Father "kicking himself" when 4 yo Shoots Mom

STEADFAST

Reaction score
The father of a 4-year-old boy who accidentally shot his mom on Monday "is kicking himself" for giving the boy live ammunition, police said Tuesday.
The boy slipped a shell into a shotgun that was on a bed in his parents' room Monday afternoon and then pulled the trigger, according to Kitsap County Sheriff's Office spokesman Scott Wilson. The 23-year-old woman suffered pellet wounds, but was treated and released from Tacoma General Hospital on Monday night, police said.
Wilson said that no arrests are expected. However, prosecutors could decide to file charges once the investigation is complete, Wilson said.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2013263901_momshot27m.html

I bolded the parts that make me go :eek:

A four year old able to load & shoot a shotgun???
I'm not buying it but that's moo!!!!!!!

Some shotguns are very easy to load and shoot. You don't need much dexterity, or great aim to shoot someone with them. That is why they are good home defense guns.

Too many people believe that young children aren't capable of doing things, and that is how kids end up shooting guns, putting cars in drive, etc.

My son was three years old when he grabbed a Phillips screw driver off the counter and proceeded to remove the screw from his bedroom door hinge. Luckily, being so little he was not able to get the top hinge, or he may have removed his entire door!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back