Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #33

So, the grandmother was responsible for much of Zahra's upbringing. Regardless of what EB was, that does not explain to me why AB could not have taken a simple postcard and sent to Mom in Australia to let her know where they were and how to stay in touch with Zahra. Not considerate of Mom or Zahra. According to the letter from Zahra's friend from Camp Quality the grandmother said they had not been in contact. AB could make contact without EB knowing. Seems a mean thing to do but all just my opinion.

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to vjlaw For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by rbrnmw2 View Post
    This maybe the light used in the the pictures at the house interesting it detects blood that has been painted over I think that they painted and that is why they took paint brushes as evidence
    I am trade qualified as a vehicle painter, not house painting but something with the color red is it bleeds through other colors and usually needs sealing with a solid base coat usually black. Also any contaminates usually bleed through the paint too. I am looking at my internal house walls now and can see wipe marks under the paint where the preparation had not been done properly.

If the house had been painted the layers beneath the top coat can be seen just by feathering the top coat layers. Even sanding the surface with contaminates on it will just dig the contaminates in deeper.

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to netsleuther For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Violet_Foxglove View Post
    I'm back! I had to stay away because DH was feeling neglected and beginning to think that I was obsessed!

I was hoping that today was going to bring some closure after all the evidence collected on Thursday!

DAMN!

But I truly feel that LE has known from day 1 what happenned to poor little Zahra. They are being meticulous and we have to admire them for that.

xx
    I still think EB told them what happened to Zahra and that she was deceased. Well her version anyway.

If you just consider how well these detectives interrogate these people, and you think of EB's penchant for attention, lying and tall tales (bounty hunter, shot cop, Daughtry songwriter etc) can you imagine her just sitting there saying nothing other than "okay yeah I wrote the note now get me a lawyer"?

MOO

6. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LOV3BNM3 View Post
    I agree with your last sentence. I think she was in complete control in their house. I think she abused Z and AB and I think AB was afraid of her and didn't dare question her.
    That's very possible. We have a really good male friend and his wife is an abuser (in my mind). We don't have anything to do with her and she hates us but this lady has beat her husband and this guy is no wimp. He just takes her crap. I keep telling him he needs to leave her BUT he say's he'd lose half of his livelyhood. Who cares?? I mean really, kick her to the curb! My husband and this guy and a few other guys went over to Gander Mountain today and he bought a rifle and guess where it's at?? Here at our house because he can't take it home. She fights with him everyday. How can people live like that?

EB reminds me of our friends wife. One crazy personality!
    MOO.

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to sunsetbeach For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by imamaze View Post
    I tend to agree with this, not that I'm excusing the Dad but I agree about the puberty part of it and the stepmom.
    If a statement sits wrong with me, I try to break down why it sits wrong with me. 95% of the time, I discover that the answer to that question is because someone offers information that goes way beyond what is being asked, or what is truly relevent. Isolate that comment from the others, and you are sometimes able to zero in on reasons why that info might have been added. "We woke up...my dog woke me up"...why not just leave it at "We woke up"? The added info seems to be inserted to establish that AB had a perfectly reasonable explaination handy for why he woke up and discovered the fire. All that added info about Zahra and puberty...way beyond anything anyone was asking. So why would it be inserted? To reasonably explain why he hadn't seen her (does he feel guilty?), or as a convenient cover should blood be found on her mattress?

Those are just the kinds of things that don't sit right with me...that's all I was trying to convey.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Yes unfortunately there will be, unless we can find a way to stop it.

I wonder if we can have a thread/forum for discussions on how to help STOP this.

More on what are the warning signs, what needs fixing in the system (practical ideas not just rubbishing) and petitions for ways to make the system healthier.

JMO

Sorry has taken me for ever to get this posted darn internet lol
    Sadly this has been going on since the dawn of man. The history of humans is horrid.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    When are they going to charge EB, AB or both with capital murder? I mean it is ruled a homicide, it is clear she wasn't kidnapped, nobody has seen her and even the legal guardians own statement shows they were the last to see her (even if that timeline is off) They should have enough to CHARGE someone now!
    I truly believe that the Hickory Police and the FBI know EXACTLY what they are doing!
    They are not speaking much, but are very active and seem to know what they are looking for.

I think EB and AB have stopped 'cooperating', so the evidence will have to speak for little Zahra.

14. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Virgogalsue For This Useful Post:

When are they going to charge EB, AB or both with capital murder? I mean it is ruled a homicide, it is clear she wasn't kidnapped, nobody has seen her and even the legal guardians own statement shows they were the last to see her (even if that timeline is off) They should have enough to CHARGE someone now!
    Monday!!

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Soulmagent For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
    Sorry - this case has me frazzled and I worded that question poorly. LE had stated for some time they needed a time line, they appeared not to have any evidence Zahra had lived in that house - that is why I have questions concerning wether or not LE found anything with her scent for the dogs to use.

Locals said there were fabric remains left from the fire. I think it is safe to assume LE is not tearing up that yard searching for just "whatever" - IMO they are looking for "evidence of a crime" and possibly "evidence of human remains".

If the fabric was any of Zahra's linens that were on the bed she possibly died on and had prolonged contact with after death (say 12 to 24 + hours) or clothing that she had on at the time of death - would the dogs pick up on the scent of decomp after the fabric sat in mulch and went thru a fire? Or would the scent from the fire and/or mulch override the original odors in the soiled fabric?

The mattress found in the land fill - after three weeks covered by "whatever" - is there any possibility of using it for the scent? Or is the value as evidence going to be if this was where Zahra possibly died and could have evidence she bled out from a head wound or decomp if she was left on it for a number of hours after death?

If Zahra's clothing had been washed and as it appears, the mattress she slept on was removed - so it is possible the mattress found in the home was one that Zahra never had any contact with - where else would LE find something unique to Zahra to give the dogs her scent? Communal furniture that anyone in the home had used would not work - or will it?
    I have read several news articles that say LE has been able to confirm that Zahra did indeed make the move to this house with the family.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LOV3BNM3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Violet_Foxglove View Post
    I am still on the fence about AB...perhaps only because the idea of him harming or disposing of his own child seems so utterly horrific to me!

Still, how many ppl start considering 'moods' when making a 911 call...about an abducted child?????????
    Perhaps people who've been convincing themselves that lies they've been told are true--but realize just how implausible they really are now that they're actually hearing them out loud?

JMOO
    "...and know that I will see you again with the rising of the sun..."
    --Aubree Weller (aka my not-so-little-anymore girl)

If you are or know someone who has ever been parted from a loved one, please take a moment to listen to this song by my daughter; you may find some comfort in its message of reunion. I know I do...
    Much Love and Hope Always,
    --Kiki

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KikiWanBaniki For This Useful Post:

Well my eyes are very sleepy and I have been looking at the screen most of the day so I'm calling it a night.

A soul as strong as Zahra's will never give up and move on until the truth is known. May she lead LE to the answers they seek.

Good night everyone.
    MOO.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sunsetbeach For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
    Sorry - this case has me frazzled and I worded that question poorly. LE had stated for some time they needed a time line, they appeared not to have any evidence Zahra had lived in that house - that is why I have questions concerning wether or not LE found anything with her scent for the dogs to use.

Locals said there were fabric remains left from the fire. I think it is safe to assume LE is not tearing up that yard searching for just "whatever" - IMO they are looking for "evidence of a crime" and possibly "evidence of human remains".

If the fabric was any of Zahra's linens that were on the bed she possibly died on and had prolonged contact with after death (say 12 to 24 + hours) or clothing that she had on at the time of death - would the dogs pick up on the scent of decomp after the fabric sat in mulch and went thru a fire? Or would the scent from the fire and/or mulch override the original odors in the soiled fabric?

The mattress found in the land fill - after three weeks covered by "whatever" - is there any possibility of using it for the scent? Or is the value as evidence going to be if this was where Zahra possibly died and could have evidence she bled out from a head wound or decomp if she was left on it for a number of hours after death?

If Zahra's clothing had been washed and as it appears, the mattress she slept on was removed - so it is possible the mattress found in the home was one that Zahra never had any contact with - where else would LE find something unique to Zahra to give the dogs her scent? Communal furniture that anyone in the home had used would not work - or will it?
    If dogs were brought in to track her scent (not cadaver dogs), then they wouldn't need a mattress for that. Everyone wears shoes, and they aren't washed on a weekly basis. It's also cool out now...sweaters, jackets, things of that nature. There would have been a number of Zahra's personal items scent could be obtained from...and if LE couldn't locate a single object for that, I'm absolutely sure red flags would have been flying left and right. KWIM?
    Last edited by Mountain_Kat; 10-30-2010 at 12:01 AM. Reason: typos everywhere

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mountain_Kat For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    It could also be considered a nervous laugh because of the topic. But the question is why did he feel the need to explain to the 911 operator why he hadn't seen his daughter since Thursday? That is what the issue is about that statement to me.

The whole call sounds like he is talking to a detective at the scene and not the 911 operator who's only interest is to get the reason for the call, the crucial information and to get someone there.

But then I didn't think that operator handled the call all that well either. She didn't really ask him anything about Zahra. Do you think it's because he was confusing her?

MOO
    I'm thinking he called his boss and asked him what to do and his boss told him to call 911 and tell them everything. I really think the man was at a loss - he was rambling, trying to give them every thing he knew. I just think he didn't know what else to do. I could be wrong, but I will repeat, I'm just not sure that he is as guilty as many feel he is and I never have felt like he was.

26. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to LOV3BNM3 For This Useful Post:

I think I'm seriously about 10 threads behind in this case. Has it been confirmed that the prosthetic leg LE found is Zahras?

Quote Originally Posted by vjlaw View Post
    So, the grandmother was responsible for much of Zahra's upbringing. Regardless of what EB was, that does not explain to me why AB could not have taken a simple postcard and sent to Mom in Australia to let her know where they were and how to stay in touch with Zahra. Not considerate of Mom or Zahra. According to the letter from Zahra's friend from Camp Quality the grandmother said they had not been in contact. AB could make contact without EB knowing. Seems a mean thing to do but all just my opinion.
    But I seriously doubt grandma could make contact with Z without EB knowing. I think AB was afraid of EB. We see now that this has happened and EB is locked away that grandma is here.

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LOV3BNM3 For This Useful Post:

I'm thinking he called his boss and asked him what to do and his boss told him to call 911 and tell them everything. I really think the man was at a loss - he was rambling, trying to give them every thing he knew. I just think he didn't know what else to do. I could be wrong, but I will repeat, I'm just not sure that he is as guilty as many feel he is and I never have felt like he was.
    I agree with your comment.

Z was his baby. If AB was a sadistic killer he would have probably done more than run EB's family member off the road.
    Last edited by netsleuther; 10-30-2010 at 12:06 AM. Reason: inserted first sentence.

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to netsleuther For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KikiWanBaniki View Post
    I'm not a guy, but I do have a hubby and three daughters, two of whom are teenagers, so I can attest to his reactions FWIW--

He is completely comfortable addressing those issues with the girls and even goes to buy 'supplies' if necessary [and that includes chocolate occasionally]. I'm confident that if I died tomorrow, he could raise these girls very healthily all on his own, emotionally speaking. However, I think he's far from the norm (and I'm super lucky). On the other hand, there are some subjects that he is clearly uncomfortable with, and rarely will discuss with them. I think it depends, but I have known guys who don't even want their wives to tell them second hand ANYTHING about their adolescent daughters' "women issues". Just my thoughts, again, FWIW
    When my daughter was approaching puberty, I did shift work. She spoke to her father about puberty ONLY because she wanted reassurance that IF it she got her first period when I was at work, that he would take care of her and know what to do.

IMO Zahra was nowhere near puberty. I doubt very much that she had had her first period.
    I think that may be Dad or EB planting the 'seed' for blood on the mattress, in the 911 call.

33. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Virgogalsue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mikeysmommom View Post
    Years ago I knew a woman she was in her late twenties,she married a man who had a 7 yr old daughter.She ACTED like a great step mom in front of him on weekends, but when she found out she could not have kids she turned evil.She breed puppies, she had a very sick litter she took their diarrhea and mixed it in her tuna salad.The little girl took 1 bite and left it.She then told me she was going to take chicken and leave it out for a few days then cook it for her.Some women can seem fine but underneath they are pure evil.Her husband when told was shocked, he thought she loved his daughter as her own.
    ********MOO***********
    My Grandmother died when my Dad was 3 he had twin sisters who were 6 mos old My Grandfather remarried They had kids together and she had kids from a previous marriage She was a Monster she pulled one of my Aunt's fingernails off with pliers She broke a window and blamed my Dad. She gave Grandpa's truck keys to one of her sons then called the police and said he stole it. My Uncle had epilepsy she would laugh at him while he was having a seizure he was also allergic to eggs she would feed him food made with eggs.
    My aunt told me all of this and she said not one of them ever told my Grandpa what she was doing they were absolutely terrified of her. It was so heartbreaking to hear about the things my father and siblings endured. I think Zahra was probably too afraid to tell Adam or anyone else. Poor Zahra it just isn't fair and downright evil what that monster put her through.

35. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rbrnmw2 For This Useful Post:

That is possible. I couldn't convict him on that 911 call alone either.

MOO

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

They are going to charge someone when they have evidence to prosecute and not a moment before.

Once they charge someone, the clock starts ticking for the prosecution. They want to make sure they have all their ducks in a row, so no mistakes are made. They don't want whoever done this to get off on an error a technicality because they rushed to make an arrest.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sunsetbeach View Post
    That's very possible. We have a really good male friend and his wife is an abuser (in my mind). We don't have anything to do with her and she hates us but this lady has beat her husband and this guy is no wimp. He just takes her crap. I keep telling him he needs to leave her BUT he say's he'd lose half of his livelyhood. Who cares?? I mean really, kick her to the curb! My husband and this guy and a few other guys went over to Gander Mountain today and he bought a rifle and guess where it's at?? Here at our house because he can't take it home. She fights with him everyday. How can people live like that?

EB reminds me of our friends wife. One crazy personality!
    Sadly more people live like that than one would imagine. And unless you've been abused or worked closely with those who have been abused you wouldn't understand that it isn't just so easy to leave - i can almost promise you, for your friend, its not about money, it is much deeper psychologically.

41. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to LOV3BNM3 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    I still think EB told them what happened to Zahra and that she was deceased. Well her version anyway.

If you just consider how well these detectives interrogate these people, and you think of EB's penchant for attention, lying and tall tales (bounty hunter, shot cop, Daughtry songwriter etc) can you imagine her just sitting there saying nothing other than "okay yeah I wrote the note now get me a lawyer"?

MOO
    Nope Kamille, you are right! I bet she is in the slammer talking up ANYONE she can! But I also bet that she is a Psychopath who takes ZERO responsibility for her behaviour or actions!
    I imagine her making up tall tales about how awful AB was and how much she LOVED Zahra.....JMO!

43. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Virgogalsue For This Useful Post:

But I seriously doubt grandma could make contact with Z without EB knowing. I think AB was afraid of EB. We see now that this has happened and EB is locked away that grandma is here.
    I think maybe AB could ask his boss if he could have things sent there. But still letting his mother know would have nothing to do with EB. He could then verbally convey and make a point to let her know about her grandmother. Since he was driving the car in the assault with a deadly weapon charge, I think he has more control over himself. It would be interesting to hear what the boss has to say as to how often he saw Zahra especially since the boss is the one AB called before 911. jmo

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to vjlaw For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Soulmagent View Post
    Monday!!
    Really Or is it just a hopeful quote?

I dearly hope someone is charged soon.

47. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nosee_Parker For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    I think I'm seriously about 10 threads behind in this case. Has it been confirmed that the prosthetic leg LE found is Zahras?

It's not confirmed by LE yet.

They have said it is consistent with the type of leg Zahra had. I am sure it is hers, I am sure LE knows by now it is hers. How many prosthesis are hanging out in the woods near where Elisa used to live? KWIM?
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

49. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to darlin gal For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast