Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CO- Victim says she was tortured for 20 hours, a woman led attack

Mommy23--That must be really frightening after living in Southern Oregon. We moved here from the Bay Area and have never been sorry. We were looking for a tolerant town in which to live peacefully with our multi-cultural family. A place where the children of color would not be a "novelty" and where there would be prospects. We've never been sorry. Yes, our children were hurt horribly by a single bad person but that could have happened anywhere. All in all, I feel very blessed.

I have a question. The Surenos hail from Southern California. Do the "divisions" refer to the California groups or to the Denver groups? I've never quite grasped why white middle class boys from Denver would attach themselves to Latino gangs from Southern California.

Quote Originally Posted by Missizzy View Post
    Mommy23--That must be really frightening after living in Southern Oregon. We moved here from the Bay Area and have never been sorry. We were looking for a tolerant town in which to live peacefully with our multi-cultural family. A place where the children of color would not be a "novelty" and where there would be prospects. We've never been sorry. Yes, our children were hurt horribly by a single bad person but that could have happened anywhere. All in all, I feel very blessed.

I have a question. The Surenos hail from Southern California. Do the "divisions" refer to the California groups or to the Denver groups? I've never quite grasped why white middle class boys from Denver would attach themselves to Latino gangs from Southern California.
    Honestly, I have no idea what the gangs here call themselves... or how many there are, or what different divisions.... Wish I could help give you insight. All I know is they are here. I have heard... That Denver has had a gang problem for a lot of years, I always assumed it came from Mexico, New Mexico, right up I 25, although I am just speculating!

And you couldn't have picked a better spot than Ashland for your family

3. The Following User Says Thank You to mommy23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mommy23 View Post
    Honestly, I have no idea what the gangs here call themselves... or how many there are, or what different divisions.... Wish I could help give you insight. All I know is they are here. I have heard... That Denver has had a gang problem for a lot of years, I always assumed it came from Mexico, New Mexico, right up I 25, although I am just speculating!

And you couldn't have picked a better spot than Ashland for your family
    I have to say, I don't know much either. I know the Crips and the Bloods have a definite presence. Aside from that, I know there are the various ethnic gangs and gangs within gangs....etc. And that's just the male gangs.
    Just sayin'
    This is all my opinion, which is subject to change with more information, if the wind changes direction, or if I wake up in a different mood...

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DeepThinker For This Useful Post:

That brings up a good point, DeepThinker. The one female, Kalena Rodriguez, was identified as the ring leader. I posted a thread earlier in the week that had gang overtones from Salinas, CA, where a woman was the ring leader in luring, robbery, battery, kidnapping and forcing two young men to jump off a 15 foot bridge. They were seriously hurt and the perps were caught, thank goodness. The fact that these victims are not being killed makes me think that these crimes are being committed as a "lesson". I wonder if the women plan the crime or are recruited.

They're vicious, that's for sure.

good news, the fourth suspect who seems to be the scariest of them all, is caught and in custody in AZ. Great work by the authorities handling this case.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to am72 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by am72 View Post
    good news, the fourth suspect who seems to be the scariest of them all, is caught and in custody in AZ. Great work by the authorities handling this case.

YEAH!!!!!! I hope they get long sentences!

OOPPS, why did this post twice? sorry about that!

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_16523597?source=rss

A man suspected of kidnapping and torturing a woman in Glendale has been arrested in Arizona.

Justin Wasinger, 21, was arrested Wednesday without incident in Mesa, Ariz., by U.S. Marshals...."

more at link

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missizzy For This Useful Post:

Booked: 11-04-2010
    Sex: MALE
    Race: WHITE
    D.O.B: 08-03-1989
    Height: 6'01
    Weight: 165
    Eye: BROWN
    Hair BROWN

In Custody For:
    001 FELONY COUNT OF FUGITIVE OF JUSTICE