Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #34

NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #34

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118550]Thread #33[/ame]

All past threads located at the bottom of the page...

If you have any information regarding this abduction, call the Hickory Police Department immediately at (828) 328-5551, (828) 328-5551 or call 911 or *HP.

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116947]Zahra Baker timeline and media links only[/ame]

Please Continue Here...

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

Social Networks & Rumors

Regarding social networks
    Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.
    IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
    It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
    Just imagine if is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
    You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
    If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to the mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.
    The mods are listed at the bottom right of the forum under the index, they can generally help. If not, they will ask admin for guidance and we will all decide what is best.
    Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.
    We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

Rumors are not allowed! No sleuthing AY his facebook page or the London Dude. If you have questions please PM me or a Mod, we will be happy to help. Lets keep the threads dedicated to Zahra. Thank you.

Ima

4. The Following User Says Thank You to imamaze For This Useful Post:

Bringing this over from last thread...

Quote Originally Posted by netsleuther View Post
    My thoughts on chasing her past to see where she fits is this. Where ever she hung out as a teen, probably around the age of rebellion

After that, probably the location after her first marriage break up.

Just wild guesses though.
    E (Fairchild) attended South Caldwell High School, 1982-86.

That's about as close as I can get to pinpointing her area as a teen.

Hope it helps.
    Last edited by agathawannabe; 10-30-2010 at 12:26 PM. Reason: fix typo

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to agathawannabe For This Useful Post:

Geshhhh have you all studies speed reading and speed writing? LOL
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

sunsetbeach posted this on the last thread: only "new news" article I've seen today:

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ail-ar-495586/

Warrants served on Adam Baker while in jail.
    Last edited by wfgodot; 10-30-2010 at 12:35 PM. Reason: restored link

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

agathawannabe - could you repost your wikiupload links again? tyia!

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    Sure thing!

Criminal record screenshots for both Bakers:

ATBaker Criminal Records

http://www.wikiupload.com/cxySvYZb

EABaker Criminal Records

Part 1 (1991 - 2001)
    http://www.wikiupload.com/G5LMklkF

Part 2 (2001 cont'd - 2010)
    http://www.wikiupload.com/EHEzcJ6V

Part 3 (Found add'l records 1990-1993)
    http://www.wikiupload.com/SxO9WjsG

Spreadsheet (Sortable list of EB's criminal records)
    http://www.wikiupload.com/2oZ0wfvo

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to agathawannabe For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wenwe4 View Post
    Wenwe:

Here's another little goody for those who are trying to map EB's past addresses...

http://www.wikiupload.com/PAGFsEQk

2 pages, 33 addresses

(Some, but not all, of these show in her criminal records. Also, this info may help you clear up apparent typos in the criminal records.)
    Last edited by Wondergirl; 10-30-2010 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Agatha back online!

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote from previous thread:

Quote Originally Posted by LCoastMom View Post
    If they were abiding by the laws of the road, it went out of a passenger window/door according to talk on this board at the time it became known the prosthesis had been found.

If someone was alone they could have just pulled over going in the wrong direction - this area does not look like it is heavily traveled 24/7 and they sure would not have wanted to do a 'drive by' during a time of day when someone driving behind them could see that a leg just flew out of their window!
    Looking at the road via Google Street View if the vehicle were traveling North East on the right hand side of the road and if the search site was at the intersection of Ekard Pl the vehicle has pulled over right on the bend. The driver could spot on coming traffic from a mile away.

Even if a passer by saw a vehicle on the edge of that road my thoery is the driver would A. be trying to look away from head lights and continue driving or B. Just continue driving looking only to avoid a parked vehicle or just have a quick glance while driving past.

It would be handy to know if anyone could remember driving past and seeing any vehicle stopped there. Maybe commercial vehicles travel that route who can spot out the odd car or two while driving along.

It would be a miracle if someone mentioned seeing it in daytime or night time or Thursday or Friday or Saturday or a month ago. Stretching memories but still with hope

For another little bit of hope.

From my experience as a driver looking at that road and where the vehicle has stopped. The vehicle has stopped at the end of the first good stretch of road so traveling along at the speed limit would give you enough time to be looking for somewhere to pull over and at the end of the straight is usually the safest place to be seen by following vehicles.

It still doesn't help find Z but if the dumping has been at road side is it likely to be in another easy location to pull over or across the road from an easy location to pull over?

As for the distance to the next possible stop...maybe the same time it would take to smoke a cigarette after getting back in the car and driving off in a hurry but I know Z could be anywhere. Just hoping Z can be found and offering perspective.

16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to netsleuther For This Useful Post:

Editing my post....
    I pulled up and mapped all of EB's addresses. The closest one to where the prosthetic leg was found would be either 4910 Burns Road address which is about 4.5 miles or 4010 Philip Lane which is maybe a little less. Investigators said they were up "Near" where she had used to live. During the PC he NEVER stated anything about it being on her property and that is likely because it was not even close to her property! Near where she used to live is a pretty broad term.

I would like to know how it ended up being out there as "on her property" as the HM states, it has been stated here over and over and so on.

Unless there is some information that I have completely missed then this is bad information.
    Last edited by sarx; 10-30-2010 at 12:43 PM.

18. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by agathawannabe View Post
    Bringing this over from last thread...

E (Fairchild) attended South Caldwell High School, 1982-86.

That's about as close as I can get to pinpointing her area as a teen.

Hope it helps.
    If that's the case, then I suppose she really is 42 years old!

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by myzzy View Post
    Good morning all

Which side of the road was the leg located, was it the passanger side or the drivers side of the road if driving in a vehical
    It would depend on which way they were driving - could be either:

If you are driving West throwing out the passenger side would go North, the driver's side South.

If you are driving East throwing out the passenger side would go South, the driver's side North.

Either way the passenger's side is closer to the edge of the road and the driver's side is closer to the middle.

(Except is some islands in the Caribbean where people drive on the left but most of the cars are from the US with the driver on the left, but I digress.)
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Email me

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to adnoid For This Useful Post:

One Place for Resources?

Please forgive my lack of knowledge (since I'm new), but does WS have an area in which people who are willing can post resource documents so everyone can access them whenever they need to? Could we use the media links thread for this? Or is something like that against the WS terms and rules?

Mods? TIA
    Last edited by KikiWanBaniki; 10-30-2010 at 12:52 PM. Reason: quoted a post that has since been edited-removed it from this post to avoid confusion.
    "...and know that I will see you again with the rising of the sun..."
    --Aubree Weller (aka my not-so-little-anymore girl)

If you are or know someone who has ever been parted from a loved one, please take a moment to listen to this song by my daughter; you may find some comfort in its message of reunion. I know I do...
    Much Love and Hope Always,
    --Kiki

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KikiWanBaniki For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by KikiWanBaniki View Post
    Please forgive my lack of knowledge (since I'm new), but does WS have an area in which people who are willing can post resource documents so everyone can access them whenever they need to? Could we use the media links thread for this? Or is something like that against the WS terms and rules?

Mods? TIA
    Good question, I'm not sure! I actually found it, grabbed it from an earlier post and went and did it, so I changed my post so people wouldn't have to look. You were fast though and grabbed my post before the change!

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Editing my post....
    I pulled up and mapped all of EB's addresses. The closest one to where the prosthetic leg was found would be either 4910 Burns Road address which is about 4.5 miles or 4010 Philip Lane which is maybe a little less. Investigators said they were up "Near" where she had used to live. During the PC he NEVER stated anything about it being on her property and that is likely because it was not even close to her property! Near where she used to live is a pretty broad term.

I would like to know how it ended up being out there as "on her property" as the HM states, it has been stated here over and over and so on.

Unless there is some information that I have completely missed then this is bad information.
    It's also stated in MSM, in an AP article:

"Hickory Police Maj. Clyde Deal said searchers found the leg at a home where the stepmother of Zahra Clare Baker's once lived. (...) The prosthetic leg was discovered Tuesday afternoon near some brush in Caldwell County near the home. Deal said the family lived at several locations in the county and that he wasn't sure how long ago they occupied that house."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...84b4f64406c5bd

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Editing my post....

You got me sarx. I just linked the article asking the question. I know how strong you feel about this. We may never get a real answer until it goes to trial.
    MOO.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to sunsetbeach For This Useful Post:

Good question, I'm not sure! I actually found it, grabbed it from an earlier post and went and did it, so I changed my post so people wouldn't have to look. You were fast though and grabbed my post before the change!
    Wow I was fast at something on this board for once--yay! I still feel like a chihuahua running with you big dogs here (no offense to that particular breed of dog, it's just the smallest I can think of).

Removed the quote from my post to avoid confusion. I do think we could save a lot of time and extra work for everyone if we had one place to keep all this stuff for reference...
    "...and know that I will see you again with the rising of the sun..."
    --Aubree Weller (aka my not-so-little-anymore girl)

If you are or know someone who has ever been parted from a loved one, please take a moment to listen to this song by my daughter; you may find some comfort in its message of reunion. I know I do...
    Much Love and Hope Always,
    --Kiki

32. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KikiWanBaniki For This Useful Post:

I am way to tired i guess because in my head it made perfect sense but when you outline it I hit my head with a thunk and went /DUH .... I was on the thinking line that it was a single person who threw the prostetic and natural would be throwing it from the drivers window because tossing out the passengers would be a bit hinderous and tossing out of the drivers over towards passenger would be very difficult to get any angle.

I think i need to go back to bed

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    It would depend on which way they were driving - could be either:

If you are driving West throwing out the passenger side would go North, the driver's side South.

If you are driving East throwing out the passenger side would go South, the driver's side North.

Either way the passenger's side is closer to the edge of the road and the driver's side is closer to the middle.

(Except is some islands in the Caribbean where people drive on the left but most of the cars are from the US with the driver on the left, but I digress.)

My theory is she murdered the child, took the leg & threw it out of the car on her way back from wherever she had just been. But then, she looks capable of carrying the weight of the child to her car, so the leg may have been detached from the child all along. Either way, I think she threw it out of the car on the way back.
    Last edited by Paulette; 10-30-2010 at 12:58 PM. Reason: add a verb

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Paulette For This Useful Post:

Well throw this into the mix about leg location, lol.

Meanwhile, the search for clues continued Friday at the Baker family home in Hickory and at the home off of Christie Road in Caldwell County, where investigators discovered what they believe is Zahra's prosthetic league.

http://hickory.wbtv.com/content/new-...ch-zahra-baker
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

37. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tehcloser For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    It's also stated in MSM, in an AP article:

"Hickory Police Maj. Clyde Deal said searchers found the leg at a home where the stepmother of Zahra Clare Baker's once lived. (...) The prosthetic leg was discovered Tuesday afternoon near some brush in Caldwell County near the home. Deal said the family lived at several locations in the county and that he wasn't sure how long ago they occupied that house."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...84b4f64406c5bd
    Yeah, clearly they did NOT listen to the PC or do ANY fact checking because that isn't what was said, that wasn't where she had lived and there isn't even a house along the road where they found the leg....

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Don't think they found the prosthesis at the home but rather near a home that EB used to live - varying MSM reports on this though. Hadn't seen this description of Zahra's prosthesis before either but the reports were moving rather quickly.

It is hardly noticeable in most pictures but friends of Zahra describe her prosthetic leg as red titanium with a yellow and black knee joint and covered in foam

“We are trying to positively confirm that the leg is hers by the serial number," said Adkins.

The leg was found in a brushy area on Christy Road in Caldwell County Tuesday. Investigators weren't led here by chance. Chief Adkins say information was passed down to search teams about its whereabouts.
    http://charlotte.news14.com/content/...-investigation

41. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to elepher50 For This Useful Post:

Yeah, clearly they did NOT listen to the PC or do ANY fact checking because that isn't what was said, that wasn't where she had lived and there isn't even a house along the road where they found the leg....
    Could it be the property ? Some counrty type areas are acres and acres, and it could be a possibility that the property line is there to the old house? Not sure how far the closest house is that you live in..

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to myzzy For This Useful Post:

Editing my post....

I'm not aware of her ever living off of Christie Rd...but, what I could have missed it...(don't think so...but...)...anyway...I transcribed the presser from my DVR and posted it immediately after the presser; and no, they never said they found it near a previous residence: here's my transcription and a link to the presser, if anyone needs clarification. IMO, since this is coming straight from the "horses mouth"...I am going with what he said....

Police Chief:
    Investigators have discovered a prosthetic leg, consistent with the description of Zahra Baker's left prosthesis. The prosthetic leg was discovered late yesterday afternoon, off Christy Road in Caldwell County. We are attempting to positively confirm the prosthetic leg is Zahra's by a serial number inside the outer cover. The prosthetic leg was originally fitted in Australia, it'll take sometime to confirm if it's hers. Investigators have also uncovered information that led search teams back to the family home in Hickory, where technicians are recovering additional pieces of evidence. The mattress that was discovered at the Foothills Environmental Landfill in Caldwell County yesterday is being tested for DNA but the results of those are not complete. The mattress was discovered by landfill workers outside the original search grid. We based that grid on information that we've had about the mattress that was placed in the landfill. Workers at the landfill have worked diligently, looking for anything that may assist in this investigation. They should be commended for their efforts. The investigative team has received outstanding support from the Caldwell county sheriff's office providing resources for additional search teams, and also securing search areas. We will continue to follow every lead and every tip we receive in hopes that we can come to some kind of conclusion to this investigation and bring peace to Zahra. (goes to questions / audience)
    Yes, Dave (?) –

Q: The prosthetic leg that you found out there on Christy road; can you describe a little bit about what led you there and how the leg was found, buried…
    A: Information provided to our investigative team led us to that area, the uhm…, prosthetic leg is consistent with what Zahra's would be like and that is was laying in a brushy area.

Q: (someone else) – was this…this was the area where a lot of trash had been dumped. Was it in with some other trash? Was it by itself? Or was it buried?
    A: It was not buried.

Q: But it was in with some other trash?
    A: It was not.

Q: Now did EB, because she did go into that area, and into that scene on Monday…did she point that out?
    A: I cannot confirm that. Alright thank you.

Q: Wha…what about at the house…what were you looking for at the house…they seem to be sifting through some…looking for very small pieces of…(Police Chief interrupts and begins answering)
    A: information led us to that house and we're looking for any piece of evidence that can help in this investigation.

The end…walks away!

Link to presser: http://www.wsoctv.com/video_legacy/25540794/index.html

The report doesn't say that the information is from the press conference; it could have come from a later interview with Deal. The source for the information is the Associated Press, which is known carefully to vett its content. Could be erroneous, but there it is.

46. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast