IF/When ICA goes to trial will you need to re-read the docs?

redkatrampant

Reaction score
I did not know where to put this. I did not want to clutter up the Caylee forum so I thought it best to post it here.

I spent a good part of November-January sitting in hotel rooms.
My husband had taken a new job and had to travel to train.Luckily part of that time we could go with him. However money was tight and we could not always go the mall, go sightseeing,etc. We also had the flu hit us.
I spent a good deal of the free time that I had reading the doc dumps. I did not start actively posting until I think this year. Anyway it was a while before I did after I joined.
I was wondering...are those of you who do follow this closely going to refresh yourselves on the docs or do you know it so well that you will not need too?

I was just wondering. I am nosy that way.

I did not know where to put this. I did not want to clutter up the Caylee forum so I thought it best to post it here.

My husband had taken a new job and had to travel to train.Luckily part of that time we could go with him. However money was tight and we could not always go the mall, go sightseeing,etc. We also had the flu hit us.
I spent a good deal of the free time that I had reading the doc dumps. I did not start actively posting until I think this year. Anyway it was a while before I did after I joined.
I was wondering...are those of you who do follow this closely going to refresh yourselves on the docs or do you know it so well that you will not need too?

I'm very sure I'll read them again.
I remember lot's of it but also forgot a lot and besides, everytime I look a 2nd or 3rd or 4th time, I always seem to notice something I missed before.

I didn't re read the docs, but reading the book that came out, (Mommy's Little Girl ) was an easy read, and it did serve as a refresher. I know that some errors were in the book, and I spotted them right away. I don't know if I could go back and read all those docs again. Once was enough for me.

That's a good question actually. Some posters here are so smart and have memorized so much information that it seems impossible to me, me with my little pea brain, that they can not just retain it, but actually recall it at a moment's notice. I constantly find myself going back to old interviews and documents and am amazed at how much I actually missed the first time around. I feel like I've spent hours upon hours, literally every single day since July 2008, keeping up with this case and yet, there is a mountain of stuff I have never even read.

Admittedly, I skipped over the entire Jim Hoover/Dominic Casey incident when it first happened, mainly because i couldn't imagine how important that could possibly be, and now I'm driving myself mad trying to catch up on it all. I still don't know who some of Casey's friends are, and I'm still floored every time I come across a news interview that Cindy did that I somehow never heard.

But to answer the question, will I re-read the documents? Um. Yeah. Most likely, not the forensic ones really because that science stuff just whoosh... straight over my head. But the witness interviews and statements, for sure.

That's a good question actually. Some posters here are so smart and have memorized so much information that it seems impossible to me, me with my little pea brain, that they can not just retain it, but actually recall it at a moment's notice. I constantly find myself going back to old interviews and documents and am amazed at how much I actually missed the first time around. I feel like I've spent hours upon hours, literally every single day since July 2008, keeping up with this case and yet, there is a mountain of stuff I have never even read.

Admittedly, I skipped over the entire Jim Hoover/Dominic Casey incident when it first happened, mainly because i couldn't imagine how important that could possibly be, and now I'm driving myself mad trying to catch up on it all. I still don't know who some of Casey's friends are, and I'm still floored every time I come across a news interview that Cindy did that I somehow never heard.

But to answer the question, will I re-read the documents? Um. Yeah. Most likely, not the forensic ones really because that science stuff just whoosh... straight over my head. But the witness interviews and statements, for sure.

I am going back over them now. Well I am starting to. I have caught things that I did not before. However, I am sure they have been caught and I discussed here, and I just missed it. There are so many of us who have followed this case that I am sure things will be revisited again. And of course there are those here who are far better at picking up on things than I am. I think that for me, it is a way of remembering Caylee. There is very little else I can do.

In my case it won't be so much as re-reading but as old topics are brought up reading that topic/documentation and catching up on nuggets of information I wasn't aware of.

Maybe that's the case for some of us that came into this forum later than others and don't want to ask questions as they know it's probably been discussed waaaaay down the line by excellent Websleuther posters. I love seeing the sleuthing and discussions that have gone on here!!:dance:

I'm with you. Just when I'm *postitive* I have the facts straight, someone brings up something I don't remember and I have to go back and look again... Cannot figure out the science information either and am eagerly awaiting that argument in court! It is MHO that Casey is guilty of murder in the first degree, and at this point I don't think the forensic science will change my mind. The "common sense" elements of this case point to guilt, IMHO!

MOO :twocents:

(Opinion always subject to change!)

Unless some bombshell happens in Feb/March/April I definitely think I'll be spending alot of time rereading.

Like some others, the scientific part goes right over my head, so I'll wait to hear that argued in court.

I have Diane Fanning's book also and may reread that also.

Good question!

I will re-read some of the docs before and during trial but mostly I will reference them as the various witnesses and experts testify. I won't be able to watch the trial live because of my work schedule so I'm sure I'll be pausing a lot to stop and look up things - especially when the experts are giving testimony regarding some of the scientific reports that I haven't really understood.

I can picture it now, I'll be watching the trial on the dvr, and have the docs ready to refer to on the desktop, and reading WS comments on the laptop - and heaven help anyone who tries to interrupt me for anything as trivial as dinner or conversation!

YES, I will need to refresh my memory!
I am constantly forgetting some of the details,but at WS, there's always someone to remind you :dance:

This is a great question - thanks for starting the thread. Yup, I will definitely be re-reading the docs. I like to think I retain information, but often what I've got in my brain is the "gist" of a doc, or the conclusion - but how the conclusion came to be is :waitasec:.

The scientific docs - for me to remember the information that Joypath or Valhall roll off is :banghead: almost impossible - for that matter I have a hard time completely understanding what Joypath even says in some of her posts, which is why I love all the emotes she uses. I can read what she says and be patient with myself without feeling like a complete :loser:

But we're extremely lucky here - we've got people like ThinkTank and Nums24 who have and can access information instantly, and our own search files are mind boggling - you can find anything.

It is an effort for me however, to focus on the what - when it is the why that is so fascinating to me. So yes, re-read is a must pre-trial for me at least.:blushing:

I can tell you that I have gone back and refreshed my memory by reading LE interviews from the very early days in this case. It is amazing the new perspective you have after seeing what has transpired.

I filter out media commentary and opinions offered by "talking heads" and just read what was said and weigh it against behavior I have witnessed in interviews.

It is truly eye opening. It also gives you an idea of just how early on LE and the SA knew what they were dealing with.

I think I've retained a lot of the basic information, but will likely re-read the witness interviews about 4 - 6 weeks ahead of the trial.

Sometime soon we'll have the final prosecution witness list, and that will give us a check-list of the interviews we need to re-read.

I'll probably re-watch some of the interviews with witnesses such as TL, AH, JG, etc, as I expect them to be major witnesses for the prosecution.

This is probably not the right thread to bring this up on, but I'm very intrigued by the absence of DC and JH. The last we heard, DC was to be interviewed by LE in December 2009. We've never heard anything further on this and he's completely dropped off the map. I think this is highly unusual to have someone who should be a witness completely drop out of sight and never be mentioned again. I will probably re-read the documents that pertain to DC as I think he will somehow play a role in the trial or in a future post-trial hearing.

Yes, there are several documents I'll go over again. I was irritated when I lost my own files then had to try to hunt down working links, I gave in for a while. But I have a list of things to re-read. There are many, many really good threads to bump when the trial gets started, too.

I think I've retained a lot of the basic information, but will likely re-read the witness interviews about 4 - 6 weeks ahead of the trial.

Sometime soon we'll have the final prosecution witness list, and that will give us a check-list of the interviews we need to re-read.

I'll probably re-watch some of the interviews with witnesses such as TL, AH, JG, etc, as I expect them to be major witnesses for the prosecution.

This is probably not the right thread to bring this up on, but I'm very intrigued by the absence of DC and JH. The last we heard, DC was to be interviewed by LE in December 2009. We've never heard anything further on this and he's completely dropped off the map. I think this is highly unusual to have someone who should be a witness completely drop out of sight and never be mentioned again. I will probably re-read the documents that pertain to DC as I think he will somehow play a role in the trial or in a future post-trial hearing.

LOL Leila - are we sure he didn't slink out of town - completely embarrassed the world has found out his detective and PI skills rely completely on psychic's to resolve issues for his clients. And we all got to read what a joke that was!

Ok. I have been going back over a lot of the docs. I decided to start from the beginning. Knowing what we know now it seems that things were so transparent then. But that is hindsight.
I am making notes and I am sure I will be asking questions.
I heart you guys!

I am really looking forward to reviewing the docs once the trial has started. I am very curious as to which docs and details the prosecution is going to go with and what perspective/twist they see in them. I want to look at the docs again with "fresh eyes" once they present.

Ok. I have been going back over a lot of the docs. I decided to start from the beginning. Knowing what we know now it seems that things were so transparent then. But that is hindsight.
I am making notes and I am sure I will be asking questions.
I heart you guys!

That's one great advantage the Jury will have. They will hear everything within a compressed amount of time, rather than dragged out over a 3 year span. They'll also be furiously taking notes with so many players in this case, albeit most of them pretty inconsequential to the actual crime itself.

They will not only retain the majority of the information with this type of delivery as opposed to ours, but they will also be lamb basted with the cruelty of Casey at a much harsher level than what we've been exposed to. If you think anyone here despises Casey and our hearts break for what Caylee had to endure both in her life as well as during her murder, stay tuned, you ain't seen nothin' yet.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer
Back