NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.

imamaze

Former Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=118598]Thread #34[/ame]

All past threads located at the bottom of the page...

If you have any information regarding this abduction, call the Hickory Police Department immediately at (828) 328-5551, (828) 328-5551 or call 911 or *HP.

[ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116947]Zahra Baker timeline and media links only[/ame]

Please Continue Here...

Regarding social networks
Regarding facebook,twitter, and myspace you can link but do not cut and paste. But the goal is to really only link to those that are directly linked to a case.
IOW, we don't want to post to someone's mother, brother, employer, milkman , or postal carrier just because they know the main player. It just gets too invasive and half the time we are not even sure it is the right person. When a post starts out, I found 5 people with this name do you you think any of these are [insert person here]? that is not a good thing.
It will often be up to mod discretion as to who can and cannot be linked, but the general rule of thumb is if they are named in the media specifically as having some role or are being questioned or have information then you are probably safe to link. No screen caps and no cutting and pasting. If a social media is set to private and you get in the back way and post what you see, that is not a good thing!Private means private.
Just imagine if is you if you cannot decide and you shoulod be able to figure out if it is ok.
You are free to discuss what you may come upon,but if it is just a lot of gossip and rumor it won't fly. People open facebook accounts and post whatever they want and to carry that as some sort of inside info is careless. but, sometimes there is really valuable information that may even come into evidence as in the Caylee Anthony case.So, if you know for a fact it is the right person and they are named outright in the msm as someone linked to the case it should be fine. IF IT IS A MINOR DON"T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!
If something was posted as public and then removed you might be able to post it, it is up to the mod of the forum and it depends on who, what, when and where.
The mods are listed at the bottom right of the forum under the index, they can generally help. If not, they will ask admin for guidance and we will all decide what is best.
Generally we try not to invade everyone's privacy and if the linked information has no bearing on anything, then leave it out.
We moderate here. Some people love it and some people hate it. Up to you to stay or go, choice is yours. Complaining about our rules doesn't help. if you have a suggestion or think of a better way, bring it on! We are far from perfect and welcome your input as long as it is civil and basically polite.

Rumors are not allowed! No sleuthing AY his facebook page or the London Dude. If you have questions please PM me or a Mod, we will be happy to help. Lets keep the threads dedicated to Zahra. Thank you.

Ima

Does anyone know if there are active searches going on for Zahra?

OT but Ima, whenever I read your siggy on your 2nd post (warns about social networks and the AY baloney) it makes me smile.

My grandmother, a very strong and influential woman in my childhood, was name Ima Jean, and every time I see you sign Ima, it makes me think of her and smile. ty :)

Good article from CNN's Bob Greene documents the psychological toll of a child search on LE, others

Searching with dread for missing children
October 31, 2010 8:37 a.m. EDT
---
"Some people here have gone out and looked on their own," said John Miller, the editor of the Hickory, North Carolina, Daily Record. "Even for police officers, it is not an easy thing to do. Many of them are fathers and mothers themselves. And the child who is missing here is not just a little girl, but a little girl with a disability."
---
The search for the child began immediately. "There was a sense of empathy, and urgency," Miller said. The searchers knew that the girl had little hope of fending successfully for herself.
---

the rest at
http://www.cnn.com/2010/OPINION/10/31/greene.missing.children/index.html?hpt=T2

Happy Halloween little Zahra. I wish you were able to stuff your face with candy, dress up like the princess you are, and twirl and play with everyone who loves you so much.

:rose: For Zahra.

First time I've actually heard EB's fire call. She's smarter than AB in that she keeps the call brief. In fact, the most interesting thing about that call, imo, is the fact that she does keep the call so brief and yet STILL seems to need to throw in the info that AB works for a tree service company. It's one of the first things out of her mouth. She needs to get that info out there, and AB needs to drive that point home MANY times in his 911 call.

Has anyone ever seen any statement by AB's boss regarding the fire event, or AB's call to him prior to the 911 missing child call? I would think reporters flew like crazy to get a statement from him, but I sure haven't seen any. Makes me think LE made it very clear to him that he's not to divulge anything he's seen or heard. JMO.

First time I've actually heard EB's fire call. She's smarter than AB in that she keeps the call brief. In fact, the most interesting thing about that call, imo, is the fact that she does keep the call so brief and yet STILL seems to need to throw in the info that AB works for a tree service company. It's one of the first things out of her mouth. She needs to get that info out there, and AB needs to drive that point home MANY times in his 911 call.

Has anyone ever seen any statement by AB's boss regarding the fire event, or AB's call to him prior to the 911 missing child call? I would think reporters flew like crazy to get a statement from him, but I sure haven't seen any. Makes me thing LE made it very clear to him that he's not to divulge anything he's seen or heard. JMO.

It definitely struck me as odd that she FIRST says he works for a tree service company (to explain the existence of the mulch piles, etc.), BEFORE telling them there is a fire. I tend to think that if I were calling 911 to report a fire, the first thing I would tell them is that THERE IS A FIRE at my residence (in my yard, whatever), and THEN do whatever splainin' might be necessary after the fact. I don't think it would be on the top of my mind that they might think it's suspicious that there are mulch piles in my yard.

In fact, when we hear recordings of "regular" 911 calls (in which the caller is not thought to be a perpetrator), the operator usually has to probe for whatever details are necessary regarding "how" and "why" the thing happened. The caller is usually more focused on the "what" and the "get help here asap".

All JMO.

Let me try again, I am on an iPhone and types a length reply and the thread was closed. Doh!

My insight on drugs:
My boyfriend of seven years struggled with oxys for about a year and a half. He went from muscular and pudgy (is that possible lol) to stick thin, acne ridden and sickly looking in about 2 months. He also was able to sell some. I asked him how this came to be and said he was able to buy a bottle of pills from a man who went to hospitals with a prescription (I believe this is quite common because hospitals don't have records like a cvs or walgreens). He would buy a bottle once a week for $100 and sell them for about $50 or more. He also used some for himself. You can make ALOT of money doing this. I am wondering if EB has been doing this too? Just seeing her prior to her arrest in pictures of the beginning of this year it is highly possible drugs have affected her lifestyle. I remember when my boyfriend was on the drugs and we took a break how angry he would get when he was waiting for his next fix (I didn't know at the time he was doing drugs). We have talked about this concerning the case and he said that the oxys often caused him to feel "really crazy and he would almost do ANYTHING" to get through his anger. We both think that EB's recent speculated anger issues stems from coming down off a drug or a drug causing her to become disconnected from the real-world. (just so everyone knows my boyfriend has been clean now or three years. It has been so difficult for both of us but he's doing so well now. It's a long road to recovery which includes weekly drug therapy an therapy sessions and two stints in rehab. Most people cannot conquer their addiction to drugs without professional help).

OT but Ima, whenever I read your siggy on your 2nd post (warns about social networks and the AY baloney) it makes me smile.

My grandmother, a very strong and influential woman in my childhood, was name Ima Jean, and every time I see you sign Ima, it makes me think of her and smile. ty :)

TLOX, I followed your link to the timeline, and noticed an entry there that LE was interested in finding anyone with info about a scehduled inspection of the house. Do we have any idea what kind of "house inspection" this might have been? Contractor? Landlord? DSS? Any idea?

KPMcLovin: last thread you asked for video of what EB was saying during her arrest. There is video here: http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Hickory-Police-Anything-is-possible-in-Zahra-Baker-disappearance-104704604.html starting at -54 on the countdown timer.

Let me know if you have trouble accessing it--BIG thanks to AmandaReckonwith for that thorough PhotoBucket account or I'd never have found it again.

It's a VERY brief clip, under 5 seconds. Thanks for volunteering your friend's services; pass along WS thanks to him/her!

Let me try again, I am on an iPhone and types a length reply and the thread was closed. Doh!

My insight on drugs:
My boyfriend of seven years struggled with oxys for about a year and a half. He went from muscular and pudgy (is that possible lol) to stick thin, acne ridden and sickly looking in about 2 months. He also was able to sell some. I asked him how this came to be and said he was able to buy a bottle of pills from a man who went to hospitals with a prescription (I believe this is quite common because hospitals don't have records like a cvs or walgreens). He would buy a bottle once a week for $100 and sell them for about $50 or more. He also used some for himself. You can make ALOT of money doing this. I am wondering if EB has been doing this too? Just seeing her prior to her arrest in pictures of the beginning of this year it is highly possible drugs have affected her lifestyle. I remember when my boyfriend was on the drugs and we took a break how angry he would get when he was waiting for his next fix (I didn't know at the time he was doing drugs). We have talked about this concerning the case and he said that the oxys often caused him to feel "really crazy and he would almost do ANYTHING" to get through his anger. We both think that EB's recent speculated anger issues stems from coming down off a drug or a drug causing her to become disconnected from the real-world. (just so everyone knows my boyfriend has been clean now or three years. It has been so difficult for both of us but he's doing so well now. It's a long road to recovery which includes weekly drug therapy an therapy sessions and two stints in rehab. Most people cannot conquer their addiction to drugs without professional help).

Alex, first off :Welcome-12-june: to WS!

Thank you for sharing your & your bf's story. You hit it on the head and I know I'm not alone in hoping for continued health for him, and you, and your relationship!

He would buy a bottle once a week for $100 and sell them for about $50 or more.

Snipped the above. Just to clarify what appears to be a type--was it supposed to read $500?

TLOX, I followed your link to the timeline, and noticed an entry there that LE was interested in finding anyone with info about a scehduled inspection of the house. Do we have any idea what kind of "house inspection" this might have been? Contractor? Landlord? DSS? Any idea?

here ya go MK, it was discussed in this article, I did not run the video of the presser, also available on that site but it may also discuss the "inspection"

Apparently LE declined to tell us what sort of inspection or what lead them to believe such an inspection was looming.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...ting-zahras-disappearance-homicide-ar-452149/

Have I missed something? LE themselves have stated that EB is cooperating, so what makes one think she is not? None of us know what LE may be asking - so we can't say she isn't cooperating. ***Just MY Opinion***

I too think that, if the Bakers did have drug problems and/or sold drugs, the drugs in question are more likely pain pills than the prevailing theory - meth. Great post from AlexLouise44, above.

Well, I think if she or he were "cooperating"........we would know where Zahra's body was. And I think LE would be asking that.

Has anyone ever seen any statement by AB's boss regarding the fire event, or AB's call to him prior to the 911 missing child call? I would think reporters flew like crazy to get a statement from him, but I sure haven't seen any. Makes me think LE made it very clear to him that he's not to divulge anything he's seen or heard. JMO.

I am now under the impression that is because she wanted to set up the bosses son.

The red head pot smoking son mentioned in the ransome note. It really seems so obvious it is almost crazy.

It definitely struck me as odd that she FIRST says he works for a tree service company (to explain the existence of the mulch piles, etc.), BEFORE telling them there is a fire. I tend to think that if I were calling 911 to report a fire, the first thing I would tell them is that THERE IS A FIRE at my residence (in my yard, whatever), and THEN do whatever splainin' might be necessary after the fact. I don't think it would be on the top of my mind that they might think it's suspicious that there are mulch piles in my yard.

In fact, when we hear recordings of "regular" 911 calls (in which the caller is not thought to be a perpetrator), the operator usually has to probe for whatever details are necessary regarding "how" and "why" the thing happened. The caller is usually more focused on the "what" and the "get help here asap".

All JMO.

My thoughts exactly. How is it relevent that AB worked for a tree service company? Let's say my husband is a landscaper by trade, and someone sets a fire to my flower bed, and I'm totally clueless as to how or why said fire occurred. Would I find it relevent to mention to 911 dispatcher that my husband worked as a landscaper? If I were truly clueless, I wouldn't even draw the line between the 2, I'd simply state what I know for a fact, that I woke up and somehow there was a fire in my flower bed. Now, we know that EB wrote the ransom note, so we know that she had something to do with the fire being set. We'd expect HER to offer irrelevent info to "set the scene", but why this PARTICULAR info? Then we look at AB's 911 call, and lo and behold, he not only offers the exact same irrelevent info, but he drives it home to the point of redundancy. He also adds the additional irrelevent info that not only was he working in the yard when EB runs to tell him Z is missing, but he was working with yard equiptment. The concern from both EB and AB seems to be centered around the yard, the mulch, and the equiptment. This is where they fear they may have tripped up, and they are anxious shift attention to the boss, the company, the phantom kidnappers. They are drawing lines for whoever is listening, because they afraid the listeners might fail to draw those lines themselves, kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member