719 users online (124 members and 595 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

MN - Jacob Wetterling, 11, St. Joseph, 22 Oct 1989 - #4

Last edited by bessie; 11-16-2014 at 10:55 PM. Reason: added link
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I continue to pray for Jacob.

Has anyone heard any further news regarding the other test results which remain outstanding from DR's property? I know the ash / dirt didn't reveal any information -- but I know they were still testing other items seized from the most recent search, and wondered if results had been made public as yet? If not, anyone know when those might be publically available?

Quote Originally Posted by margaret_diane View Post
    Has anyone heard any further news regarding the other test results which remain outstanding from DR's property? I know the ash / dirt didn't reveal any information -- but I know they were still testing other items seized from the most recent search, and wondered if results had been made public as yet? If not, anyone know when those might be publically available?
    There hasn't been anything published about it so far, Margaret, I've been watching. You'd think it wouldn't be much longer. It's frustrating to wait though. I keep telling myself as frustrating as it for us, think how bad it must be for Jacob's family who have waited 21 years. I really hope they come up with some answers.

I've been lurking, as there really isn't much to say. Just one thought, however. I don't think anything has been found and think the test results are a dead issue.

At least they haven't given up looking for whoever did this. This is a quote from the sheriff:

"Sanner said the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension notified his office late Monday that forensic tests on items unearthed at the farm site this summer turned up no evidence that would lead to an arrest or solve the case.

He said testing on some items will continue, but because the investigation is ongoing, the items tested and the type of testing will remain confidential.

He added, however, that investigators from Stearns County, the BCA and FBI remain committed to solving the case, which has transfixed a region for more than two decades.

"Is it a disappointment? Somewhat," Sanner said. "But for me, it's more of a motivator. I can get knocked down many times, but I'm going to keep getting back up again. And that's where we're at right now."

"If the individual responsible for this crime thinks they can breathe easier, that's a huge mistake."

Quote Originally Posted by shergal View Post
    At least they haven't given up looking for whoever did this. This is a quote from the sheriff:

"Sanner said the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension notified his office late Monday that forensic tests on items unearthed at the farm site this summer turned up no evidence that would lead to an arrest or solve the case.

He said testing on some items will continue, but because the investigation is ongoing, the items tested and the type of testing will remain confidential.

He added, however, that investigators from Stearns County, the BCA and FBI remain committed to solving the case, which has transfixed a region for more than two decades.

"Is it a disappointment? Somewhat," Sanner said. "But for me, it's more of a motivator. I can get knocked down many times, but I'm going to keep getting back up again. And that's where we're at right now."

"If the individual responsible for this crime thinks they can breathe easier, that's a huge mistake."
    So, what is the sheriff saying? He certainly seems fixated on DR, despite no evidence. Maybe he needs a new focus. I've always thought St. John's would be a more obvious place to look further.

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post
    So, what is the sheriff saying? He certainly seems fixated on DR, despite no evidence. Maybe he needs a new focus. I've always thought St. John's would be a more obvious place to look further.
    Hi Trino, I hope your knee is doing better...

How far is St. John's from the convenience store Jacob and the boys went to on the night of the abduction?

Quote Originally Posted by Trino View Post

IMO, he's saying he's not going to rest until he finds Jacob and whoever stole Jacob. He didn't mention any names, just that he's not giving up.

shergirl-I don't read DR's name in that statement from the sheriff.

I agree with your point totally

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    shergirl-I don't read DR's name in that statement from the sheriff.

I agree with your point totally
    This is the entire sheriff's statement. He has previously stated that DR is a POI. Sure sounds like his reference is to him, although no name is mentioned.

Southside of Chicago...it's the baddest part of town
    Bumping for Jacob - in my thoughts, in my prayers, and (hopefully) remaining on the first page here @ WS!

I pray they find him soon.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

- This sounds like a multi person job most sadly (mentioned by several of you above).
    - There will have been a number of witnesses, who heard enquiries being made, bits of information exchanged etc.
    - There is a gradation between out of state, out of county, in county and local, and between distant and nearby stranger, semi-stranger, an acquaintance of an acquaintance, etc .
    - You have already established a time frame for a vehicle to have driven off.
    - Several other vehicles come into the story.
    - What university or college was the Art Department part of, that the student was from, who was in the area.
    - As for sketches of faces, of men seen in those localities, it is probable they are relevant in some way rather than not relevant. They don't all have to be the same person.
    - People with clunky mannerisms & naievety could be thought of as being "ideal" to implicate somehow.

(I occasionally follow a few of these most sad events from a distance but am not essentially involved)

Is it my or someone's job to forward any of these ideas to any authority?

I feel bad lest I should be thought meddling. I couldn't even begin to handle these matters myself.

- my last "bullet point" seems badly worded, apologies. I meant, implicated by leading perpetrators.
    - if a leading perpetrator arranged for a second party to perform a subsidiary role it could have happened in several ways:

the second party didn't know what the (main) crime was going to be/had been
    the second party's role wasn't a criminal act
    the second party's role was a criminal act albeit subsidiary in function to the main crime

etc.

Likewise with third parties and whoever else may have been employed in various roles.

Page 1 of 93 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast