1593 users online (269 members and 1324 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 335
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    41
    I believe it too. If I were on my death bed why would I make up something like that? At those times I would imagine only important things are said. Did this confessor give a name of the alleged gunmen ? Did he give specific details of where this occurred? Just wondering if it was detailed enough that authorities could search a specific area for any remains or evidence? I I remember reading about it but cannot recall that specifically.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34
    From what I remember, I don't think he named any names, or if he did the police certainly would not make it public.

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,307
    Quote Originally Posted by pitkrew View Post
    I believe it too. If I were on my death bed why would I make up something like that? At those times I would imagine only important things are said. Did this confessor give a name of the alleged gunmen ? Did he give specific details of where this occurred? Just wondering if it was detailed enough that authorities could search a specific area for any remains or evidence? I I remember reading about it but cannot recall that specifically.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thats a good point. But, I do know that the death and dying process can be fascinating. Depending on the type of cancer he had, he could have had brain mets. Meaning while he was genuinely resolving something that occurred in the past the details could be over-lapped or confused. Do we know the "confessors" background? Was he a veteran? Often in the dying process chronological thinking and events get blurred. If the poacher was a veteran and had cancer there is a very good chance he could be recalling a war event and mixing disturbing memories. And his buddy could agree with him to help him pass with peace. I just can't imagine adult men would let someone get slaughtered and run away to spare themselves a $100-500 fine. Seems not inline with the hunting culture or mountain people. IMOO.

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34
    I find it telling that, officially, at least, the LE still maintain that he (Roger) was murdered shortly after he disappeared, probably be someone he knew. To my knowledge, that official position has never changed. The poacher's story did not seem to change that opinion. If it wasn't accidental, then "by someone he knew" does not seem a far leap. And it does not necessarily disagree with the poacher's story. What is interesting, further back in these entries, someone claiming to live in Cedaredge, states that her grandfather he is a hunter states that at that time of year, and the elevation of the general area, deer would not be found. Were the poachers uninformed, or up to something else?

  5. #320
    Quote Originally Posted by msmithca858 View Post
    I find it telling that, officially, at least, the LE still maintain that he (Roger) was murdered shortly after he disappeared, probably be someone he knew. To my knowledge, that official position has never changed. The poacher's story did not seem to change that opinion. If it wasn't accidental, then "by someone he knew" does not seem a far leap. And it does not necessarily disagree with the poacher's story. What is interesting, further back in these entries, someone claiming to live in Cedaredge, states that her grandfather he is a hunter states that at that time of year, and the elevation of the general area, deer would not be found. Were the poachers uninformed, or up to something else?
    Could they have been making moonshine or dealing drugs? And if they were poaching, perhaps it wasn't deer. What else is on that mountain?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    695
    Bumping for Roger.
    Who is Fly Creek Jane Doe?

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    22
    Hoping Mr Pash will tell everything he knows soon! I really feel like he's the key to the case!

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,136
    Quote Originally Posted by Gtcomo View Post
    Hoping Mr Pash will tell everything he knows soon! I really feel like he's the key to the case!
    I wish Roger's notebook answers to Mr. Pash's assignment could be made public. If we could get the assignment questions and Roger's answers, that could say a lot of things. Do you think LE will ever permit him to release that content?

    Satch

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34
    I doubt he would face any prosecution if he told.... after 36 years I would bet the files have been put in storage and unless a Cold case Unit reopens the case, no one is actively investigating this case.

  10. #325

    Becky Ellison, Roger's sister, RIP???

    I was going to reach out to Becky. I've got nearly 100 questions about Roger and his disappearance that a family member or close friend could answer.

    Then I saw this obit. http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/nam...view=guestbook

    I hope it isn't her, but the age is right and so is the location. Her Facebook page has had no posts since earlier in the month of November.

    If Becky has indeed passed away without finding out what happened to her brother... That is so sad. May she rest in peace.

    I am sorry for yet another loss to the family.

    Can someone confirm the passing of Becky?

    If she has not passed... Then Becky, I apologize for spreading false info! And I would love to talk about Roger sometime!


  11. #326
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34
    I believe it is her. Her married name was Livingston, and she had retired to Cape Canaveral FL and yes the age is right. In one of her FB posts My daughter Tami has stage 4 Giolablastma brain cancer!! Very sad and horrible diease!!#

    One family and so much tragedy

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Southern
    Posts
    745
    Quote Originally Posted by msmithca858 View Post
    I doubt he would face any prosecution if he told.... after 36 years I would bet the files have been put in storage and unless a Cold case Unit reopens the case, no one is actively investigating this case.
    I agree. I don't think law enforcement would do anything if Mr. Pash revealed what was in the assignment. No one is actively working the case as you said, so far as we know, even though it's "open". Revealing what Roger wrote in his assignment might jog someone's memory or help someone who went to school with him put two and two together about something that might lead to a suspect.

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    34
    Unfortunately, now that his sister is apparently deceased, I doubt anyone will do anything further on this one. With no advocate, it will just be forgotten.

  14. #329
    Let's hope someone else in the family steps up. I remember reading that he had several brothers, and according to an article from the late 80s, his siblings had had quite a few children. Maybe someone from the younger generation will pick it up. I truly hope so.

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by msmithca858 View Post
    Unfortunately, now that his sister is apparently deceased, I doubt anyone will do anything further on this one. With no advocate, it will just be forgotten.
    We will remember.

    We may not be able to advocate Roger's case in the same way his sister did, but we can make sure he isn't forgotten.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. CO CO - Roger Ellison, 17, Cedaredge, 10 Feb 1981 #1
    By Intuition in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 534
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 08:03 PM
  2. CO Roger John Ellison (17) - Cedaredge CO, 1981
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-07-2010, 08:48 PM
  3. Roger Ellison and Jon Truscott Haynes
    By Julessleuther in forum Sleuth possible matches for Benjaman Kyle
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 11-07-2009, 11:54 PM

Tags for this Thread