809 users online (108 members and 701 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22
    I believe it too. If I were on my death bed why would I make up something like that? At those times I would imagine only important things are said. Did this confessor give a name of the alleged gunmen ? Did he give specific details of where this occurred? Just wondering if it was detailed enough that authorities could search a specific area for any remains or evidence? I I remember reading about it but cannot recall that specifically.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I remember, I don't think he named any names, or if he did the police certainly would not make it public.

Quote Originally Posted by pitkrew View Post
    I believe it too. If I were on my death bed why would I make up something like that? At those times I would imagine only important things are said. Did this confessor give a name of the alleged gunmen ? Did he give specific details of where this occurred? Just wondering if it was detailed enough that authorities could search a specific area for any remains or evidence? I I remember reading about it but cannot recall that specifically.

Thats a good point. But, I do know that the death and dying process can be fascinating. Depending on the type of cancer he had, he could have had brain mets. Meaning while he was genuinely resolving something that occurred in the past the details could be over-lapped or confused. Do we know the "confessors" background? Was he a veteran? Often in the dying process chronological thinking and events get blurred. If the poacher was a veteran and had cancer there is a very good chance he could be recalling a war event and mixing disturbing memories. And his buddy could agree with him to help him pass with peace. I just can't imagine adult men would let someone get slaughtered and run away to spare themselves a $100-500 fine. Seems not inline with the hunting culture or mountain people. IMOO.

I find it telling that, officially, at least, the LE still maintain that he (Roger) was murdered shortly after he disappeared, probably be someone he knew. To my knowledge, that official position has never changed. The poacher's story did not seem to change that opinion. If it wasn't accidental, then "by someone he knew" does not seem a far leap. And it does not necessarily disagree with the poacher's story. What is interesting, further back in these entries, someone claiming to live in Cedaredge, states that her grandfather he is a hunter states that at that time of year, and the elevation of the general area, deer would not be found. Were the poachers uninformed, or up to something else?

Quote Originally Posted by msmithca858 View Post
    I find it telling that, officially, at least, the LE still maintain that he (Roger) was murdered shortly after he disappeared, probably be someone he knew. To my knowledge, that official position has never changed. The poacher's story did not seem to change that opinion. If it wasn't accidental, then "by someone he knew" does not seem a far leap. And it does not necessarily disagree with the poacher's story. What is interesting, further back in these entries, someone claiming to live in Cedaredge, states that her grandfather he is a hunter states that at that time of year, and the elevation of the general area, deer would not be found. Were the poachers uninformed, or up to something else?
    Could they have been making moonshine or dealing drugs? And if they were poaching, perhaps it wasn't deer. What else is on that mountain?

Bumping for Roger.
    Who is Fly Creek Jane Doe?

Hoping Mr Pash will tell everything he knows soon! I really feel like he's the key to the case!

Quote Originally Posted by Gtcomo View Post
    Hoping Mr Pash will tell everything he knows soon! I really feel like he's the key to the case!
    I wish Roger's notebook answers to Mr. Pash's assignment could be made public. If we could get the assignment questions and Roger's answers, that could say a lot of things. Do you think LE will ever permit him to release that content?

Satch

I doubt he would face any prosecution if he told.... after 36 years I would bet the files have been put in storage and unless a Cold case Unit reopens the case, no one is actively investigating this case.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22