1515 users online (277 members and 1238 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 147
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,762
    Thanks KRKRJX!

    In a way I feel bad for Misty but then again maybe this will be an eye opener for her to tell the truth....It looks like she has run out of options....She just needs to tell the truth.fgs

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,419
    Quote Originally Posted by suspicious1 View Post
    Thanks KRKRJX!

    In a way I feel bad for Misty but then again maybe this will be an eye opener for her to tell the truth....It looks like she has run out of options....She just needs to tell the truth.fgs
    I am not sure how this appeal came to be filed by Mr. White in the first place. It appears as though he took it upon himself to file, maybe without Misty's consent and possibly even without her knowledge. From the dismissal wording (it's in the court update thread) it sounds like it is an issue of the appeal being filed "unauthorized." If that's why it was dismissed it seems Misty could file a proper SC appeal--maybe she will if her district court appeals are dismissed or denied.

    I was not as affected by this news as I might have been. I have spent the last few days feeling so bad for Hope Sykes that I suppose the circumstances of any and all of the others is taking a back seat.

    But as you said, Misty needs an eye-opener, and her various appeals being denied might just be that. I just want her--or someone!!--to talk, and to do it honestly and sincerely, for the first time in this sad, sad case.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    I am not sure how this appeal came to be filed by Mr. White in the first place. It appears as though he took it upon himself to file, maybe without Misty's consent and possibly even without her knowledge. From the dismissal wording (it's in the court update thread) it sounds like it is an issue of the appeal being filed "unauthorized." If that's why it was dismissed it seems Misty could file a proper SC appeal--maybe she will if her district court appeals are dismissed or denied.

    I was not as affected by this news as I might have been. I have spent the last few days feeling so bad for Hope Sykes that I suppose the circumstances of any and all of the others is taking a back seat.

    But as you said, Misty needs an eye-opener, and her various appeals being denied might just be that. I just want her--or someone!!--to talk, and to do it honestly and sincerely, for the first time in this sad, sad case.
    I don't feel bad for Misty. It seems they're all concentrating on lowering their drug sentences through appeals on being wronged in their drug cases. whatever. Misty had her chance with an immunity deal, but she said no. Ron did strike a deal, based on Haleigh & Tommy actually had the nerve to try to use his Haleigh 'cooperation' as leverage. But, as for telling what happened to her, they're all keeping mum. So, as far as I'm concerned, they're all right where they need to be. Let them sit & think about why they're there. MOO.

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    I am here!
    Posts
    1,807
    i am hoping in the next few days that there will be BIG news that Misty sang like a bird!!!!! Hey, A girl can dream
    If it doesn't make sense, it is a LIE ........Judge Judy

  5. #65
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358

    Misty Loses Appeal


  6. #66
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    19,247
    She still uses the Cummings name?

  7. #67
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    She still uses the Cummings name?
    Another mega overlooked point, she is in LOVE. Anyone who after a "divorce" gets Ronald Sr tattooed above your rear has it bad.

    jmo

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    5,011
    I just saw this on my Google alerts and wondered why they even bothered to report it because her St. Johns Co. conviction was upheld months ago and that carries a 25 yr. sentence so regardless if her Putnam Co. convictions were overturned or reduced she still has a 25 yr. sentence to serve. And the $100 fine mistake doesn't even put a dent in her total fines!

    Tommy's appeal is still pending.

    MOO
    "IT TAKES A LOT BIGGER MAN TO STAND UP AND ADMIT HIS MISTAKES THAN TO HIDE BEHIND A LIE"
    WHY WON'T ANYONE STAND UP FOR HALEIGH??!! WHY?? TELL THE TRUTH!!
    HALEIGH DESERVES IT!!

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    284
    maybe now, after loosing her appeal she might have a change of heart,,,,ok, just hoping
    jmo

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3,762
    Quote Originally Posted by orbison11 View Post
    maybe now, after loosing her appeal she might have a change of heart,,,,ok, just hoping
    jmo
    We can only hope.

    Keep your fingers crossed.


  11. #71
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Margaritaville
    Posts
    797
    Why would Misty have a change of heart?
    25 years is a whole lot better than life for murder.
    She may be stupid, but she's likely no dummy.
    JMO, IMOO, JMHO

    "Caylee's either coming home, or she's already gone home." (Richard Grund)

  12. #72
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,358
    Quote Originally Posted by mkay882 View Post
    Why would Misty have a change of heart?
    25 years is a whole lot better than life for murder.
    She may be stupid, but she's likely no dummy.
    Logic says if you are "stupid" then you are technically "dumb". jmo

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    284
    who said misty is the one who murdered Haleigh? she might be an accessory, or maybe was used as a pawn, hence cutting a deal to knock off the 25 years would be a good thing for her

    jmo

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,077
    Quote Originally Posted by mkay882 View Post
    Why would Misty have a change of heart?
    25 years is a whole lot better than life for murder.
    She may be stupid, but she's likely no dummy.
    This is something I've given a lot of thought. IMO, because of their investigation and LDTs etc... LE knows who did and who didn't murder Haleigh. IMO, they don't have the necessary evidence to prove it. And this is where I'm a little torn. Would they have offered Misty any kind of immunity deal, if they believed she killed Haleigh? IMO, probably not. When the harbour search was going on, LE made the statement that Misty knew she was in a lot of trouble. I took it that they knew she was involved, and culpable somehow, but not the murderer. IMO, LE has never shown much interest in JO...at least none that I could tell. which is odd either way you look at it... because he WAS there, he was related and he did have a grudge with Ron. So, I don't think LE has completely disregarded him, but I'm not sure he's in their cross hairs. maybe he is. Then there's Ron. If LE suspects him, they've had a weird way of showing it. Except for busting him, and stifling him with the proffer, I don't see much suspicion. IMO, it looks like they know Ron has been holding back important information. Then there's Tommy. Does LE suspect him? I'm not sure, but IMO, they pulled out all of the stops to get him those 15 years. IMO, him being called a suspect was serious business. Considering how tightlipped this LE is, I saw it more as a tipping of their hand, than as a railroad. They were pushed into a corner with the possible 3 years, and did what they could to get him locked up. So, which one? back to square one. Obviously, LE has a lot of information that hasn't been released, and whatever it is, points to at least one of these people. IMO, Tommy's 1st arrest and getting him to say he had been by the trailer was orchestrated, and he fell into a trap. He didn't accomplish a thing, except a little bit of freedom and putting himself at the crime scene. He later backed away from the time, but LE said they were sticking with it, (reported by Art Harris, I think), so IMO, LE has enough evidence, to know something crucial happened at 10ish. And when the JO story broke, Tommy was again front and center. IMO, LE set another trap that he again, fell right into. But, my question is this...Did LE get any viable evidence? I think so. IMO, this is why Tommy didn't back away from JO when Misty and CC did. He couldn't. We heard about cinder blocks and yellow rope. What all did we NOT hear about? But the timing of the story, and Tommy being called a suspect, and Misty reportedly being offered immunity, all point, IMO, to LE suspecting Tommy. I could be way off, and their evidence may point at noone but Misty. We won't know until and unless LE decides to share with the public. I get a real bad feeling where Tommy is concerned, so I'm not very objective. I realize that. But, a lot of little things add up to big things. His wife, (on the call from him to FH), asked if Tommy was, 'the one'. He said no, but then she divorced him. If his own wife had to ask, IMO, something's wrong. Speaking of that call...IMO, I've never heard such fake contrition in my life. His mantra of doing something that should have been done a long time ago, made my blood run cold. Maybe I'm wrong, but that phone call had a profound effect on me. I felt like I was listening to a cold blooded murderer, who was trying to lie, blame and squirm his way out of trouble. All JMO

  15. #75
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    6,419
    Quote Originally Posted by twall View Post
    I just saw this on my Google alerts and wondered why they even bothered to report it because her St. Johns Co. conviction was upheld months ago and that carries a 25 yr. sentence so regardless if her Putnam Co. convictions were overturned or reduced she still has a 25 yr. sentence to serve. And the $100 fine mistake doesn't even put a dent in her total fines!

    Tommy's appeal is still pending.

    MOO
    Tommy's was denied as well. I think it was about a week or two before Misty's.

    The only one remaining open now is Donna's. It appears she has gone through at least two attorneys in the process--appeal remanded at one point for the appointment of public attorney, then one was appointed but soon another delay for appointment of "conflict free" public attorney. So, not sure what's going on with Donna.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 84
    Last Post: 04-01-2010, 03:11 PM