Resolved NV - Palomino Valley - Human Skull, 31-Oct-2010 - *RELIC*

Texas Mist

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Posted: Nov 01, 2010 12:46 AM CDT
Updated: Nov 01, 2010 11:59 AM CDT

The Washoe County Sheriff's Office is investigating a human skull found in Palomino Valley. Deputies say a surveyor found the skull yesterday in the Perry Canyon area. Investigators recovered the remains today and confirmed the skull is human. Deputies are not yet sure how long the skull had been there or the origin of the skull. Investigators did not find any other skeletal remains in the area.

http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=13420028

As much as I want Susan to be alive and well somewhere, it seems unlikely.

If this isn't her skull, it's someone's.

You mean heading west, right? You had me all confused!

I would like for Susan to be found, finally, but I think this is too far. I am sorry for the family of the unfortunate person this will turn out to be.

Yes - my bad. I meant West.

It does seem rather far, but it's likely really not more than a 4 hour drive one way given the wide open roads in the area. I just wish there was closure sooner than later.

:banghead:

You mean heading west, right? You had me all confused!

I would like for Susan to be found, finally, but I think this is too far. I am sorry for the family of the unfortunate person this will turn out to be.

Hi gwenabob :wave: can you believe it's almost a year since we were first writing about Susan being missing.

I agree with you that it is too far from WVC; he would have had to go through Elko and some spots that aren't so great to drive in bad weather. There would be gas receipts, as well.

The location of the skull, and the car are consistent with the direction that Greg was driving (i.e., from Missouri). The skull was found about 250 miles from where his car was found, but that's not far considering that it was the Nevada desert, and it is roughly along the same path.

I wonder if the car was in working condition and had gas in the tank. If not, he may have tried to hitchhike into the closest town, caught a ride with some shady character.

There are a good amount of people missing from the area. Even some kids from Lemmon valley and I believe Stead as well. Time will tell on this one.

The location of the skull, and the car are consistent with the direction that Greg was driving (i.e., from Missouri). The skull was found about 250 miles from where his car was found, but that's not far considering that it was the Nevada desert, and it is roughly along the same path.

I wonder if the car was in working condition and had gas in the tank. If not, he may have tried to hitchhike into the closest town, caught a ride with some shady character.

I can't find any indication as to whether the car was operable. Will keep looking.

If I remember correctly there was some speculation he may have moved the body at some point?

Is ANYTHING happening on this case? Susan's disappearance literally haunts me.

http://www.washoesheriff.com/UpdateSkullfound103110.pdf

December 21, 2010

The human skull that was discovered in the Perry Canyon of Palomino Valley by a
citizen working in the area and later recovered by Sheriff’s Office Detectives and Search and Rescue Personnel has been examined by the Washoe County Coroner’s Office. A comprehensive examination determined the human skull to be of Native American ancestry and considered being that of archeological significance as well.

Additional confirmation to WebRocket's post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back