2010.11.02 Gonzalez Employee at Sawgrass

JWG

Reaction score
I noticed a number of pages dedicated to employment paperwork for a J. Gonzalez who was employed briefly as a maintenance worker at Sawgrass from May 21 to July 2, when he quit.

What I found interesting was that he was previously from New York and quit to go back to New York. Even more interesting was that he lived in an apartment 210 (not Sawgrass) prior to moving to Sawgrass. Recall that apartment 210 at Sawgrass was the one KC reportedly dropped Caylee off at. Probably a coincidence, but odd nonetheless.

What do we know about Juan Gonzalez who worked and lived at Sawgrass from 5/21/08 and suddenly left 7/2/08 after acting strangely for 2 weeks and moved to NY?

Previous address apartment 210?

/apologies and credits to those who posted the above snippets, moved snips to a new thread because this is so interesting.

This is a LOT of coincidences including his last name. (I can't remember if I can post it).

I noticed a number of pages dedicated to employment paperwork for a J. Gonzalez who was employed briefly as a maintenance worker at Sawgrass from May 21 to July 2, when he quit.

What I found interesting was that he was previously from New York and quit to go back to New York. Even more interesting was that he lived in an apartment 210 (not Sawgrass) prior to moving to Sawgrass. Recall that apartment 210 at Sawgrass was the one KC reportedly dropped Caylee off at. Probably a coincidence, but odd nonetheless.

I saw those pages and found them unusual because I don't remember him being mentioned before. Didn't get the coincidence, but while I understand why the detectives looked at him - last name Gonzales - I felt badly for him nonetheless, along with all the other people who have affected by this case when they've had no involvement whatsoever in it.

There are at least 6 "interesting things" about this Juan G. I don't believe in that many coincidences.

1. The time period
2. The residence
3. The previous apartment number
4. The last name
5. The "weird" mood for 2 weeks previous to July 2 (June 18th or so onward)
6. The relation to New York

I am REALLY intrigued by this POI!

There are at least 6 "interesting things" about this Juan G. I don't believe in that many coincidences.

1. The time period
2. The residence
3. The previous apartment number
4. The last name
5. The "weird" mood for 2 weeks previous to July 2 (June 18th or so onward)
6. The relation to New York

I am REALLY intrigued by this POI!

I don't believe he really is a POI JMOI - I think if there was the defense would have been all over it a year or so ago. Remember, this stuff is not new - just looks like old stuff LDB found on Melich's computer.:banghead:

I understand Gonzales is a very common name in Orlando. He'd been offered a new job, probably didn't now how to go about resigning and wasn't even sure it this move back was the right decision for him.

Think the time frame, the previous name and the last name are just unrelated pieces of information that are "interesting" to us. Again, JIMO.

A coincidence, or more likely, he's one more victim of Casey's penchant to take bits and pieces of other people's lives and weave them into her own fantasy life.

Localgirl I'm with you entirely except for the acting weird part. And you have to be acting pretty weird for your boss (the person in the email, right?) to mention it having been going on for 2 weeks.

I'm not entirely confident on the defense's ability to have caught this, OR I would like to see more in terms of how this Juan G. was ruled out as a PPOI (possible person of interest).

It could be only that this is where some of the rest of the crap story facts Casey made up came from, the way she based some things on Kio. If so this is a bonus for the prosecution, not the defense, imo.

I don't believe he really is a POI JMOI - I think if there was the defense would have been all over it a year or so ago. Remember, this stuff is not new - just looks like old stuff LDB found on Melich's computer.:banghead:

I understand Gonzales is a very common name in Orlando. He'd been offered a new job, probably didn't now how to go about resigning and wasn't even sure it this move back was the right decision for him.

Think the time frame, the previous name and the last name are just unrelated pieces of information that are "interesting" to us. Again, JIMO.

I agree and imo we shouldn't be Kronking this person.

Gonzalez is an extremely common Hispanic name, and not just in Orlando, or even Florida. I'm in California, and I have a cousin whose surname is Gonzalez in CA, and even the same first initial- J! Total coincidence.

I noticed a letter from a JAC atty. addressed to Linda Drane Burdick. The JAC office received an anonymous call claiming that Caylee was still alive and living in NY. I believe the letter was from 2010 and I want to say it was a man named Gonzalez involved. (Sorry, I was reading fast, my good lap crashed last night and I am on a dinosaur pc that will barely load...can't find it again right now. Hopefully someone else can recall it.) The JAC atty. summarized the anonymous call and attached a couple of pgs of personal notes that her assistant had taken in her own handwriting.

This may not be related, but I am just throwing it out there because of the similarities. It seems to ALWAYS be an anonymous source/call when it comes to Caylee sightings, iykwim...

ETA: Adding link pdf pg. 129; p. 22685

Sorry if this is OT. After a quick scan, it doesn't appear to be related. This is allegedly the boyfriend of a Gloria Gonzalez in NYC.
Orlando-->Atlanta-->Los Angeles-->New York kidnap scenario.

I believe the Verizon subpeona for the threatening phone call to Amy also revealed it originated in New York from a payphone.

/tying to New York, not necess this person

I agree and imo we shouldn't be Kronking this person.

I don't believe the intent was to Kronk him. I think the information was gathered in an attempt to piece together how KC came up with the Imaginanny. On the surface, it looks like she pulled three pieces of information:

Last name
Apt #
Home state

I don't recall, but did KC ever say where in NY the Imaginanny was from? This innocent was from Long Island.

I believe the Verizon subpeona for the threatening phone call to Amy also revealed it originated in New York from a payphone.

/tying to New York, not necess this person

Hmmm... wondering if the A's were in NY for a media visit around the same time?????

I don't believe the intent was to Kronk him. I think the information was gathered in an attempt to piece together how KC came up with the Imaginanny. On the surface, it looks like she pulled three pieces of information:

Last name
Apt #
Home state

I don't recall, but did KC ever say where in NY the Imaginanny was from? This innocent was from Long Island.

For some reason Brooklyn seems to ring a bell, but I've got nothing to back that up right now.

Could it be she got this info from a friend that worked at sawgrass or maybe found something of his in the trash there?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back