A Question for JDIs

BBB167893

Former Member
Reaction score
Lately, I've noticed that some of you--not to mention any names--are of the idea that JR was the killer and PR went along because she was the type to "stand by her man."

Well, I've been thinking about this. So, for the sake of argument, let's say this was so. Do you think it's possible he threatened her? Either directly, or with his contacts at Lockheed? Could he have said something like, "keep your mouth shut, because I have friends who can make you disappear"?

I'm just spitballing.

Lately, I've noticed that some of you--not to mention any names--are of the idea that JR was the killer and PR went along because she was the type to "stand by her man."

Well, I've been thinking about this. So, for the sake of argument, let's say this was so. Do you think it's possible he threatened her? Either directly, or with his contacts at Lockheed? Could he have said something like, "keep your mouth shut, because I have friends who can make you disappear"?

I'm just spitballing.

I don't think so. I think it was more like "you'll lose everything you have, including your son" - as in "you'll never make this stick to me anyway and if you try I'll divorce you and get custody of BR because I'll say you are mentally ill". Or "I can point this right back at you" kind of thing.
We do see plenty of women who "stand by their man" even when "their man" has done unspeakable things to their children. But I feel in this case both parent had something to lose here.

I don't think so. I think it was more like "you'll lose everything you have, including your son" - as in "you'll never make this stick to me anyway and if you try I'll divorce you and get custody of BR because I'll say you are mentally ill". Or "I can point this right back at you" kind of thing.
We do see plenty of women who "stand by their man" even when "their man" has done unspeakable things to their children. But I feel in this case both parent had something to lose here.

Maybe so, DD. But I just thought I'd ask.

I'm not sure I believe J killed her or maybe didn't even do the molesting, but he for sure was in this up to his eyeballs. And I now believe that the party on the 23rd was the beginning of the end for JonBenet. She was going to spill the beans on someone that night and who knows, it could have been her dad. I would just love to know what the people at that party that night were told about the 911 call. Also, were the ones "in the know" about the call the same ones that were called over that morning? That was Patsy's idea, for sure, as far as I'm concerned.
But to get back on topic, I think all he had to say to her was "lady, you will have NOTHING without me, no money, no kids, no expert doctors with their advanced cancer therapies, nothing at all, not even friends. Yeah, she would have went along. Those things meant more to Patsy than anything. Materialistic only begins to describe Patsy Ramsey.

The only way I see this 'working' is if both parties JR & PR each had something to lose.
Be it lifestyle, reputation, jail time...I don't see it working as one against the other.

More so given the theories or suggestions of interference or molestation that are throughout these boards. That implies JR had a reputation to lose (as well as being sent to jail) whereas PR had lifestyle & reputation as well as jail time.

The whole story relies on at least a double act in my opinion.

I'm just spitballing.

OR maybe she didn't even know the whole truth.I see JR as a very calm,calculated,manipulative man/husband.

I'm just spitballing.

SuperDave,

He might have, but only to emphasize the consequences for her lifestyle if he was not allowed to proceed with a staged crime-scene.

If Patsy was innocent then she has nothing to loose by defying John, she has cancer, her baby is gone, and she knows why. I reckon she would simply dial 911 and report the death and spousal abuse. She stands to inherit everything, he does not have a leg to stand on, regardless of his legal advisors.

More than likely Patsy was aware what had transpired, she either looked away, or decided to ignore the signs as she describes them. I reckon Patsy was fully aware of what was occurring, it may even have been trans-generational, making the dysfunctional appear normal. So with her tacit approval, along with the pageant training, JonBenet's molestation possibly seemed like a requirement for her lifestyle choice?

John and Patsy were both locked in together, either because its really a BDI, and they made a pact to defend him, or they are both culpable in JonBenet's molestation, that is negelecting the extended family.

The more I read here, the more I wonder if I've been on the wrong track.

OR maybe she didn't even know the whole truth.I see JR as a very calm,calculated,manipulative man/husband.

Madeleine, I agree with you 100%. For a long time, years in fact, I thought John and Patsy were protecting Burke. Now I think Patsy was protecting them both. She participated to protect John, Burke and therefore it would protect her also. Patsy I truly believe had something which proved Johns involvement. Otherwise, if it had been all Patsy, I truly believe John would have thrown her under the bus, taken Burke and run!

Either way, I hate this case and the fact that it remains unsolved. A little girl paid the ultimate price for the protection of someone in her own family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back