Identified! OK - Seminole, WhtMale 1561UMOK, 16-30, off I-40, Dec'78 - Jean Vincent

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
DoeNet just upgraded this case from HotCase Status, and added images.

The Doe Network:
Case File 1561UMOK
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1561umok.html
NamUs UP Case 4887 https://identifyus.org/cases/4887

1561UMOK.JPG
1561UMOK1.JPG

Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on December 28, 1978 in Seminole County, Oklahoma.
* Estimated Date of Death: 6 months prior
* State of Remains: Skeletal.

Vital Statistics

* Estimated Age: 16-30 years old.
* Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Red brown hair and unknown eye color.
* Clothing: Sweater, blue jeans, white socks, jockey undershorts, and rubber soled "Bee Jays" shoes.
* Dentals: Available. Tooth #1 unerupted; #2 fully developed, fully erupted, unrestored; #3)small occlusal pit allow restoration; Teeth 4-6 fully developed, fully erupted, unrestored; Teeth 7-9 are missing apparently from post mortem loss; Teeth 10-12 fully developed, fully erupted, unrestored; #13 is missing apparently from post mortem loss; Teeth 14-15 fully developed, fully erupted, unrestored; #16 not fully erupted; #17 unerupted, well covered in the alveolar bone; Teeth 18-20 fully developed, fully erupted, unrestored; #21 is missing apparently from post mortem loss; Teeth 22-27 fully developed, fully erupted, unrestored; Teeth 28-29 are missing apparently from post mortem loss; Teeth 30-31 fully developed, fully erupted, unrestored; #32 partially erupted and unrestored.
* Fingerprints: Not available.

The prominent cheekbones, sharp angular jawline, and strong chin remind me of Anthony Ross Allen.

Anthony Ross Allen
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/allen_anthony.html

allen_anthony.jpg
allen_anthony2.jpg
1561UMOK1.JPG

His age is within range, The timeline is close, and he has a connection to McAlester, OK (65 miles from where the remains were found).

Tony's sister apparently is very active in the search for her brother, and was a member of DoeNetwork. I would think that she has seen this case, even if it was a Hot Case up until now.

But Tony is not listed as a rule-out in NamUs.

Allen's chin is much longer and pointier than the UID's, isn't it? Or is that an illusion of the camera angle?

Allen's chin is much longer and pointier than the UID's, isn't it? Or is that an illusion of the camera angle?

At first glance, it seems that way, but I've noticed that sometimes with sculpted recons of people with strong jawlines, there's a tendency of the artist to show the jaw flatter and more horizontal near the chin than it appears when the person is alive.

For example, look at some of the "ID'd Comparisons" in Porchlight for people with strong jawlines:

Rose Bud Kelly
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=17550

Wilma Nissen
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=17438

Steven Hudson
http://z13.invisionfree.com/PorchlightUSA/index.php?showtopic=17389

Question for the experts regarding how to read the dental information on Namus.

The UID report says

"3)PRESENT. SMALL OCCLUSAL PIT ALLOW RESTORATION"

Does this mean he has 1 tooth restored with a filling? It is filled in and marked with an "F". And where is #3?

Reason I ask is Ronnie Odell (missing from OK 8/24/77) has one false tooth in front that is either silver or gold.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3780dmok.html

Question for the experts regarding how to read the dental information on Namus.

The UID report says

"3)PRESENT. SMALL OCCLUSAL PIT ALLOW RESTORATION"

Does this mean he has 1 tooth restored with a filling? It is filled in and marked with an "F". And where is #3?

Reason I ask is Ronnie Odell (missing from OK 8/24/77) has one false tooth in front that is either silver or gold.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3780dmok.html

"Occlusal" refers to the chewing surfaces of the molars.

"Small Occlusal Pit" means a cavity in the chewing surface of a molar. I am not sure what the "allow restoration" means. This is probably not much help, as cavities and pits aren't normally listed in distinguishing characteristics for MP's.

#3 is the upper right forward-most molar (i.e., the 3rd tooth from the rear, starting from the upper right wisdom tooth)

Regarding Ronnie Odell, the term "occlusal" would not be used in the context of a front tooth

Thank you Carl; much appreciated! In my limited "free" time at work I was trying...with much frustration...to wrap my head around the dental charts.

FWIW, I first thought of Anthony Allen ,as well,in regards to the UID. My only big concern with him is the limited window of time that passed between his disappearance and the UID discovery.

I thought of Jean Vincent who was on his way to New Mexico, from Arizona, while initially leaving Ontario.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3758dmon.html

IMO the black and white photo of Jean, who is listed as having brown hair, suggests to me that it may have lighter highlights which could be construed as red/auburn or reddish brown.

Anthony Allen is on the rule out list now.

Robert Coe is not on the rule out list.

"Occlusal" refers to the chewing surfaces of the molars.

"Small Occlusal Pit" means a cavity in the chewing surface of a molar. I am not sure what the "allow restoration" means. This is probably not much help, as cavities and pits aren't normally listed in distinguishing characteristics for MP's.

#3 is the upper right forward-most molar (i.e., the 3rd tooth from the rear, starting from the upper right wisdom tooth)

Regarding Ronnie Odell, the term "occlusal" would not be used in the context of a front tooth

That sounds to me like the cavity was drilled out in preparation for a filling, but the filling wasn't put in. But the only way I can think of for that to happen is if the dentist was the one who caused the guy's death. Or I suppose maybe the filling fell out.

It seems weird.

Although he was found in Seminole County, I am thinking he may be Cherokee or part Cherokee. Prominent cheekbones, jaw line. I only say this because I think I have some kind of karmic link to Cherokees. And I married one. I can be in a room full of people and "know" who is a Cherokee.

Anthony Allen is on the rule out list now.

Robert Coe is not on the rule out list.

Jean Vincent has been added, too. I see he was mentioned upthread.

This is the full list:

Anthony Allen 1962 Arkansas
Steve Arrowood 1956 North Carolina
Steven Chait 1951 New York
ANDREW EWING 1956 California
Jay Pringle 1959 Oregon
JEAN MICHEL VINCENT 1958 Oklahoma

That sounds to me like the cavity was drilled out in preparation for a filling, but the filling wasn't put in. But the only way I can think of for that to happen is if the dentist was the one who caused the guy's death. Or I suppose maybe the filling fell out.

It seems weird.

Sorry to quote myself, but the edit time is past:

NAMUS describes it as "#3-small occlusal pit alloy filling" and it's the only filling in the teeth that are present. So it's nothing special after all.

I believe this doe was there longer than six months. Among his listed clothing it stated he had a sweater.

Six months give or take a little would all still be in the summer months and Oklahoma has some hot summers.

I would say he had been there at least since Spring or before, so defiantly longer than six months.

I believe this doe was there longer than six months. Among his listed clothing it stated he had a sweater.

Six months give or take a little would all still be in the summer months and Oklahoma has some hot summers.

I would say he had been there at least since Spring or before, so defiantly longer than six months.

Good point. Or maybe he came from someplace where it's cooler, or worked in an air-conditioned building?

No matter what time of the year most of the upmost northern states in the US get quite cool at night so I like your idea carbuff. When I worked over the road I always had to keep at least a hoodie to throw on at night when getting out the comfort of my ride.

I had to bring up my maps to remind myself just where Seminole County was. This person could have traveled down I-35 from the North then headed East on I-40 out of Oklahoma City. That would be the main artery anyway to get to where he was IF he came from the North.

OR....

I-40 runs more or less from coast to coast. Lets say that he was there for about six months, that makes it somewhere around June give or take when he would have been placed there, in June most places East of Oklahoma would have been warm around the clock. BUT... Having traveled West a LOT on I-40 when you get further out there like West Texas and start into the Western states of New Mexico, Arizona... The nights get VERY cool even in the summer months. So it would not be unheard of for someone to travel from the West or the North wearing a sweater in the night time hours.

I think we are looking for someone missing from North of Oklahoma and West of Texas.

I just read on NamUs that he was found on the SOUTH side of I-40. So it would make sense that he was in fact traveling from the West to the East unless he was found in the medium which I feel would have been notated. Its also unlikely that a body would be in a medium for that amount of time without being discovered.

The shoes do not look to be worn like they may be if someone had been doing a lot of walking. I have never heard of "Bee Jay's" anyone here heard of the brand? I wonder where those were made and distributed.

I just read on NamUs that he was found on the SOUTH side of I-40. So it would make sense that he was in fact traveling from the West to the East unless he was found in the medium which I feel would have been notated. Its also unlikely that a body would be in a medium for that amount of time without being discovered.

The shoes do not look to be worn like they may be if someone had been doing a lot of walking. I have never heard of "Bee Jay's" anyone here heard of the brand? I wonder where those were made and distributed.

Huh, looks like it's a Canadian brand. Ontario. Looks like it's no longer in use:

On Friday, July 26, 1974, a U.S. federal trademark registration was filed for BEEJAYS CANADA'S FUN BOOTS by SUNBEAM SHOES LIMITED, PORT COLBORNE, ONTARIO. The USPTO has given the BEEJAYS CANADA'S FUN BOOTS trademark serial number of 73027852. The current federal status of this trademark filing is EXPIRED. The correspondent listed for BEEJAYS CANADA'S FUN BOOTS is ? of *****, *****, ***** ***** . The BEEJAYS CANADA'S FUN BOOTS trademark is filed in the category of Clothing Products . The description provided to the USPTO for BEEJAYS CANADA'S FUN BOOTS is BOOTS.

http://www.trademarkia.com/beejays-canadas-fun-boots-73027852.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back