2010.11.02 Elisa Baker's Letters (Discussion)

Patty G

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Transcribed letters

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5757010&postcount=31"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #39[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5757186&postcount=128"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #39[/ame]

Okay. Here's the thing. I have no confirmation, no link, no MSM, no verified local, no NOTHING. I think it is EB. I truly think she is that arrested emotionally, that manipulative, to watch this letter play out. IF it were someone PORTRAYING EB they certainly portrayed her ow her social sites would suggest she be played. all MOO

Not too O/T: I just looked at this website that has been corresponding with EB and i am absolutely sick. I understand that many of us tend to gravitate toward true crime & the working minds of serial killers...but...seriously? People actually pay these low lifes for their artwork? The fact that these creeps can not only profit, but become icons [to some] just baffles me. Scary thought....JMO.

Okay. Here's the thing. I have no confirmation, no link, no MSM, no verified local, no NOTHING. I think it is EB. I truly think she is that arrested emotionally, that manipulative, to watch this letter play out. IF it were someone PORTRAYING EB they certainly portrayed her ow her social sites would suggest she be played. all MOO

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-zahras-mother-points-finger-at-husband-20101104-17et0.html

The owners of the website serialkillersink.net told an American local news network they reached out to Mrs Baker using a pen name.

"We don't doubt the authenticity of it," one owner, Jessika Gein, told Charlotte-based WBTV.

"If we write to that person and we get something back and it's stamped by the prison or the jail, the envelope, then we pretty much know it's legit," Ms Gein said.

She said the police also knew about the letters.

"They said that they have copies of all the letters that are coming and outgoing and that they know they're legit letters
," she said.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/missing-zahras-mother-points-finger-at-husband-20101104-17et0.html

The owners of the website serialkillersink.net told an American local news network they reached out to Mrs Baker using a pen name.

"We don't doubt the authenticity of it," one owner, Jessika Gein, told Charlotte-based WBTV.

"If we write to that person and we get something back and it's stamped by the prison or the jail, the envelope, then we pretty much know it's legit," Ms Gein said.

She said the police also knew about the letters.

"They said that they have copies of all the letters that are coming and outgoing and that they know they're legit letters
," she said.

This. I don't believe that EB knew this was someone who would be making these letters public, he just portrayed himself as a 'fan' and she fell for it hook line and sinker. MOO

This. I don't believe that EB knew this was someone who would be making these letters public, he just portrayed himself as a 'fan' and she fell for it hook line and sinker. MOO

Hmmm..I wonder, I noticed her lawyers were the ones to cough up the money for the writing pen/paper I'm sure they expected her to be communicating with someone and that the letters would be read. Maybe this is more contrived than at first glance after all she is giving enough details to implicate her husband in the crime. Not to mention absolving herself of blame...not that I believe her for a second. I always thought he was involved though.

In case people would like to view the letters for themselves including the doodles but like me have bad eyes... I took them and ran them through some editing software to up the contrast. It brought out the writing more from the page.

Note: These are the letters allegedly written by Eliza Baker. I got the originals from WCNC here...
http://www.wcnc.com/news/Letters-allegedly-written-by-Elisa-Baker-Zahra-isnt-missing-106558484.html

2q08utt.jpg

30mmqeq.jpg

xd5w5l.jpg

10gfgcx.jpg

2m3gzzc.jpg

It seems quite immature, the writing/doodles at the end(considering this woman is 42 yrs. old):

"Goths Rule", "Vampires Rule" and signed "Dark Love Always" then her name.Anyone know any special significance of a 3 candle candelabra and the hanging spider doodles? Just doodles, or does 3 candles mean something special?

Thanks for going to all that trouble Mandy - much appreciated

In an earlier discussion a member of WS (I cannot recall) talked about taking a class in handwriting analysis. She had mentioned that there is often a pause before or after a word like kill that indicates guilt. I find that interesting. IMO there is a distinct pause before and after "kill" in the first letter. Also I notice that the word seems to be bold, almost as is she traced over it.

I wish I could remember who this was......

It seems quite immature, the writing/doodles at the end(considering this woman is 42 yrs. old):

"Goths Rule", "Vampires Rule" and signed "Dark Love Always" then her name.Anyone know any special significance of a 3 candle candelabra and the hanging spider doodles? Just doodles, or does 3 candles mean something special?

That's interesting about the three candles. It's worth checking on I think ;)

I equated it to her version of the hearts and stars that my 14 year old doodles on her notebooks....

Why does this sound like the same theme from these women who are involved in missing children cases? I swear that letter could have been written by KC Anthony, Misty Croslin or Terri Horman. Me me me me me.

:furious:

I just see a woman who never quite grew up and never will. Her letters could have been penned by any teenager in love with the goth world or vampires of the Edward Cullen ilk. She has deluded herself into thinking she is different and special she lives in her own world and probably resents anything that forces her into reality. I don't think there are any hidden or secret messages from her, she does not strike me as a very complex person just :crazy:

Very schooolgirly, in a dark, goth, infatuated with vampires, like no 42 year old I know, kinda way.

MOO of letters

ITA scamperoo - its almost like her growth "stunted" (more like completely stopped) in the "teenage era". I would like to know more of her background and childhood. Not that its really going to make any difference - but what happened to her that could have caused this "skewed view" of reality and her strange ways of learning to cope

Does that make any sense?

Why does this sound like the same theme from these women who are involved in missing children cases? I swear that letter could have been written by KC Anthony, Misty Croslin or Terri Horman. Me me me me me.

:furious:

I see what you did there! Answered your own question about them with the last five words.

No empathy. No concern for others unless their presence brings in some kind of feedback or supply.

In an earlier discussion a member of WS (I cannot recall) talked about taking a class in handwriting analysis. She had mentioned that there is often a pause before or after a word like kill that indicates guilt. I find that interesting. IMO there is a distinct pause before and after "kill" in the first letter. Also I notice that the word seems to be bold, almost as is she traced over it.

I wish I could remember who this was......

I remember seeing that post too and can't find it either! But I did find this article from yesterday about analysis of these letters. http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13433475

Today, we shared the alleged words of Elisa Baker with two handwriting experts.

Thomas Thornburg says her writing shows the words of a very troubled

person.

He said "She's living in darkness. She calls it a friend, and she can't stay there, she has to surface."

Thomas Grogran runs a Charlotte company called the Forensic Document Laboratory.

According to Grogan, "She's very much into the moment. She's not one to think ahead or regard the consequences of her actions."

Hmmm..I wonder, I noticed her lawyers were the ones to cough up the money for the writing pen/paper I'm sure they expected her to be communicating with someone and that the letters would be read. Maybe this is more contrived than at first glance after all she is giving enough details to implicate her husband in the crime. Not to mention absolving herself of blame...not that I believe her for a second. I always thought he was involved though.

And ahem if i were incarcerated falsely for whatever allegation, and i had not heard from dh since i was hauled to the pokey.... um, well... my first impulse would NOT be to write flirtatious letters to some totally other dude...

:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmmm_soup
Back