www.youtube.com
November 3, 2010
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0wK8VetyjA[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uc7f43dvJnQ[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azLRDZs0NHw[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLwX_v2uogo[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erO6iNauG1k[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4udGujQTGRQ[/ame]

"A key figure in the Zahra Baker disappearance and murder investigation speaks out for the first time. Aaron Young was married to Elisa Baker for a decade. Technically he was still married to Elisa Baker when she married Adam Baker and became Zahra's stepmother. News14 Carolina's Jennifer Moxley joins us now with this exclusive interview as Young talks about his relationship with the Baker family. Jennifer?"

JM: Since this investigation began back in early October, Aaron Young has been very outspoken on the Internet defending himself though he's declined interviews. Until now. Aaron Young said he wants to clear his name, and he wants to tell people how much he loved Zahra.

AY: I loved Zahra just as much as anybody. I got close to her and she was close to me. Ain't no way I could do that to any kid, especially Zahra because Zahra was, like I said, basically the perfect child.

JM: Zahra called him uncle Aaron; he was married to Elisa Baker for ten years and a father figure to Elisa's children. He said that relationship involved him in Zahra's death investigation.

AY: I know I didn't have anything to do with it, whatsoever. I hadn't been around Lisa since February, I hadn't even, I'd never been to the house in Hickory. I don't even know what the inside of it looks like.

JM: Aaron spent a lot of time with Elisa, Adam and Zahra and said Elisa was jealous of attention Zahra received.

AY: I didn't see phsycial abuse first-hand. I've seen some bruises and stuff on her, and she would basically say the same thing Elisa would say. You know, she'd fall or she tripped and fell into the sink one time.

JM: He said he reported the abuse to Social Services. Aaron also said he found out Zahra was missing when everyone else did.

AY: My first thought was she ran away because of all the emotional abuse and stuff. That was my hopes anyway; I'd hoped she ran away.

JM: Then he heard more details and that Elisa was a suspect. But the question remains, is she the only suspect?

AY: I don't know anybody that would be involved, but I know, I know Lisa is capable of doing this herself. Ahh, she's not this weak woman, you know, that some people wanna think she is. You know she's, she's done enough to hang on her own. She could do all this herself.

JM: While Adam is also someone police have focused on, Aaron only said this:

AY: Adam is a real good guy, big heart, do anything anybody'd want him to do. Ahh, you could tell he loved Zahra and she was like his number one priority. Ahhh, just overall good guy. I never seen him get upset, I never seen him get mad, never seen him raise his voice. That's why, that's why I have a hard time believing that he had something to actually do with it.

JM: Through the past several months of this investigation, Aaron Young has remained close to Elisa's biological children, and when he remarried in November, he had a special place in the ceremony for Zahra. From the Charlotte newsroom, Jennifer Moxley, News14 Carolina.

"Jennifer thanks. Numerous accusations were made against Young during this investigation. Thursday we'll hear his thoughts on the case and his involvement in Zahra Baker's life and her death. We're posting more segments from our exclusive interview with Aaron Young on our website. That's news14.com. Just look under the Zahra Baker tab."

Taking a break from that for a minute or two, and then I'll transcribe the other two videos.

Part 2:

JM: Well tell me...Let's just start with Zahra. How about that? Let's start with Zahra. Talk to me about how you knew Zahra.

AY: Ahm, I met her the first day they came over here. Me and Brittany actually went and picked them up at the airport. I drove Brittany up there. And, ah, she bopped downstairs and come up and hold me and said "Hey uncle Aaron." (giggle) And, (pause), that's one of the reasons why I didn't tell Adam about the brother thing as soon as I did because I didn't want to break her heart.

JM: Do you think, um, Zahra immediately took a liking to you? Did you feel that way?

AY: Yeah. I think she took a liking to everybody.

JM: Everyone I've talked to has said that she was the most affectionate child. A lot of people want to know how Zahra was. Describe Zahra.

AY: She was always, always happy. Smiling, laughing, cuttin' up, pickin' (?) with other kids. She was always happy, I never did see her down and out.

JM: Umm, we've heard stories of Zahra battling bone cancer, and, umm, I heard that she had lung cancer. We know that she lost her leg and her hearing, but you had said something to me before about Zahra not being disabled. How would you describe how Zahra's overcome her health obstacles?

AY: Ahh, I know she was disabled, but she could do, she could do as much as any other kids could do, if not more. I know we took her swimming back in August and had like five kids there and she could swim just as good, or better than, all five of them.

JM: Did she ever let it slow her down?

AY: No. (laughs) No, she's...

JM: And she never seemed to have a negative attitude or be down about it?

AY: No. Ahh, she never even mentioned it really as far as the cancer and stuff.

~~~

AY: Me and her got married in August of '98 and was married for ten years. She left for Australia in May of 2009. Is that right?

JM: 2008

AY: Yeah, 2008. May of 2008. And she had told me that Adam was taking care of our divorce but I never got anything in the mail or never had to sign nothing. So, that's why I didn't believe it. So I filed on my own up here. So I would know that it was legal.

JM: And, umm, our sources are saying that she was married when she married you. Have you heard that also? Are you under that impression?

AY: Uhh, yeah. I just, I seen that on the internet 'bout three or four weeks ago, that she was married to the guy. And their divorce, I think, went final in '99 and we got married in '98 so ... I'm not really sure on that one.

JM: On the outside, and you've seen this on the internet, a lot of people posting on the internet, people have so many questions. Do you, knowing Elisa, knowing a lot more than the rest of us, do you feel like you have more answers than other people? You see what they're asking, you see what they wanna know. Do you feel like you know a little bit more than other folks, or are you just as confused?

AY: Umm, I'm just as confused. Ahh, I've not heard anything in the past ...two months. Ahh, there's actually a lot of stuff on there yet that I don't know. I don't know if they're true or just (shrug) allegations, but a lot of stuff I don't know either.

JM: Do you think something bad happened to Zahra?

AY: Uhh, I would like to think not but, uhh, more than likely, yeah. Just from the emotional abuse that I seen. I never actually saw the physical abuse but I seen a lot of the emotional abuse and ...

JM: A lot of people have wondered why no one reached out to help Zahra? Did you ever reach out to help her since you were in her life and around and you just said that you saw some emotional abuse what did you do to maybe help her?

AY: Ahh, well I wrote, I wrote a letter to, ahh, Social Services back in January or February and told them everything that was going on in the house: How Lisa kept her in her room 99% of the time, and how she gave her a time limit to eat. And all that, and explained to them that she had cancer and everything.

JM: Umm, a lot of people, on the outside, are blaming DSS for not protecting Zahra. How do you feel about that?

AY: Ahh, I think they could have done a lot more. In my opinion. Uhh, from what I hear, there's numerous calls to Social Services against Elisa.
~~~~

I swear my ears are bleeding. One more break and I'll transcribe the last one.

And now, for your reading pleasure (and to prevent anyone else's ears bleeding) I present the third part of the published videos. Note that ~~~ indicates a cut in the recording. Note also that I've tried my best to describe AY's pauses, etc., though some may interpret them differently.

I'll be watching the news14 website later today for the installments they promised to release today.

Re: IMVU website and accusations against him

JM: Umm, in the second set of search warrants we saw a lot of information about IMVU. And you have an account with IMVU according to these warrants, is that right?

AY: Yeah.

JM: And, um, a lot of the accusations coming out surrounding that are coming from people who talked to police saying that you and Adam and Elisa were participating in deviant behaviour on IMVU. What is the story behind that?

AY: Ahh, I dunno, I dunno where they're getting their information because I have an IMVU account but I've not been on it in..I dunno how...it been a long time and I can't even remember my password on it.

JM: Um, it's not something I was even familiar with before all of this came out.Um, and so when I looked at it, it seems like you can do anything on there. The search warrants indicate that someone in the Baker's home was on the computer doing a mutilation room, or a massacre-type thing which, I guess, raising eyebrows considering what's happened in this investigation. Have you participated in any of those kinds of things on that website?

AY: No, I didn't even know you could. Um, I didn't know you could do stuff like that on that, on IMVU. Ah, I thought it was just a chat, basically a virtual chat, and I know they had like different clubs and rooms, yanno you could go into, but I didn't know they actually could involve stuff like that in it.

~~~

JM: Um, what do you think is important people know about this investigation? A lot of people are asking questions and, and, I know harassing you through your Facebook and calling your number that was posted in the search warrants. What do you want to tell people?

AY: I know I didn't have anything to do with it, whatsoever. Ah, I hadn't been around Lisa since February. And I'd run into them a couple of times, here and there and out at stores or something, yanno, but, yanno, say "Hey" and then that'd be it. Ah, I hadn't even, I'd never been to the house in Hickory. I don't even know what the inside of it looks like.

JM: Um, do you believe when the police say, or the search warrants indicate, that, umm, Elisa and Adam, or Elisa or Adam, were hiding Zahra from the public? From the outside world? Umm, that the people in Hickory, in that community, never saw Zahra. The people in the home before that never saw Zahra, and that they were, just basically, keeping her confined? Do you, would you, believe that?

AY: Ahh (pause, deep breath), kind of, yeah. I know, the times that I seen 'em out, out and about, ah, most of the time they didn't have Zahra with 'em. Yanno, I'd always ask, "Where's Zahra?" And, yanno, they'd be like, "Well, she's at home." So I guess she was there by herself.

~~~

JM: Your name's also come out through the second set of search warrants that were released, and I'm sure you've read all of these things. Umm, and it, was that the first time you found out that the police were tracking your phone, and tracing your calls?

AY: Ahh. (pause) Yeah, I guess, but, uhh, I had gave law enforcement my phone number and all the information and yanno told 'em if they needed anything off of it, yanno, to get it.

JM: Um, the day that I met you at the police department, umm, you were there doing an interview. Did you go down there to talk to the police?

AY: Yeah. That's when I gave them the, my phone.

JM: Um, and did you know that the police walked cadaver dogs around your truck that day? And, it seemed like, were treating you as a possible suspect, and maybe they do that with everyone, but did you know that they kind of put you in that category?

AY: Ahh. (pause, shifty eyes, swallow, deep breath) No I didn't know about the truck, but I know they, when I left, uh, Detective Falowski told me that uh, they had search dogs up at my house. Yanno, goin' around the properties up there.

JM: I think because of your connection with Elisa being so long and maybe misleading Adam about your relationship, seems, on the internet at least, a lot of people have thrown accusations at you.

AY: Yeah.

JM: What do you think about that?

AY: Ahh. (pause, deep breath, shifty eyes) I know the reason. Lisa told me that she was going to tell Adam that I was her brother. I told her a couple of times, "Yanno, just go ahead and tell him the truth. Yanno it'll be a lot easier." And she said, "Oh, that won't be such a good idea." And she made me think he was big, bad, macho guy and if he, something happens and I was over at Amber's or out somewhere and they ran into me there, that it wouldn't be good. So (pause) I just went along with it.

JM: Is there any way that you would have a part in anything to hurt Zahra?

AY: No. (chuckles) There ain't no way.

JM: Tell me why. Because people who don't know you, you're such an easy target because you have a history with Elisa and the family and have known so much, umm, about the family, and have made so many comments on the internet. Tell me why you don't deserve to be targetted as a suspect.

AY: Ahh. (sigh, swallow) Well, I loved Zahra just as much as anybody. Ah, I got close to her and she was close to me, and we always had fun together, and... ain't no way I could do that to any kid, and especially Zahra, because Zahra, like I said, basically the perfect child.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back