655 users online (77 members and 578 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

2010.11.03 Bone Recovered

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2...ase-ar-508596/

HUDSON --
    Hickory police recovered a bone Wednesday that may be connected to the Zahra Baker case.

Police would not confirm where the bone was recovered other than saying it was in Caldwell County. However, they spent the majority of the day searching along Christie Road, off Pine Mountain Road. Christie Road is the same area that Zahra Baker's prosthetic leg was found last week.

Deal would not comment on what part of the body the bone appears to be from. (more at link...)
    Last edited by WhyaDuck?; 11-03-2010 at 11:56 PM.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Investigators found the bone in the area of Christie Road near Hudson. This is the same area where investigators found Zahra's prosthetic leg. This is also where Zahra's step-mother, Elisa Baker, lived about three years ago.

http://www.foxcharlotte.com/news/top...106640823.html

news from 11/3/10

Obviously I hope it's not Zahra, but if she indeed has passed- I pray it is so her family/friends/everone she has touched can have some semblance of closure.

P.S. I've been away all day but wanted to thank our mods for giving Zahra her own discussion forum <3

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    So what really bothers me is a thought I had early on. Yes, it's farfetched, and we don't know what kind of bone was found, but...What if SM got really fed up with Zahra and decided that she would just amputate the other leg as punishment? (Yes, I know - it's a very terrible thought, but I wouldn't put anything past her right now. ) But little Zahra didn't live through it...

Just speculation... and I really hope I'm wrong.

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

My thoughts were that it might be a right leg bone.

just to let you know........I was just watching the tele and the fact that they found a bone came on as breaking news!!

I dont know if this is significant or they know more but a big thing was made of it.....

I am in Townsville about 35 kilometres north of the little town of giru where she lived before she went to to the US...so there is a lot of people here following the case..

just thought I'd let you know as this bone find may be quite significant if it has hit our media here as breaking news....
    REVAMPZ

Yesterday on JVM, Mike Brooks said LE would not have made the statement that the bone was believed to be that of Zahra unless they had a pretty good idea or proof somehow that it was. And on NG, I noticed she stated once that it was a child's bone. I've read most of the media reports and have seen nothing about it being a child's bone. How would they know that this soon, unless there was an ME there to confirm that?

This is so sad. Question -- since we really don't know the date Zahra disappeared, would she have already decomped down to the bone? I thought that process took a great while. Sorry to be graphic.

Hugs,

Mel

I have a question There has been a theory that Angel Zahra's cancer returned would the ME's office be able to test the bone marrow to rule that in or out?

IMO, I feel this is hers. Since they are closing off the area and bring in more searchers today.
    Our weather up until today has been unseasonably warm...being out in the open, it would not take that long for decomp. along with small animals (sorry).
    I don't think LE will stop until they find her, from the looks of their faces...it's all personal now. Zahra has become Hickory's precious angel, just like she has become ours.

Does anyone know how close the search last night at the pond W/ the ladder is to where the bone and prosthetic were found?

I'm still wondering about that "shadow" in the pond. It sure looked like a very light colored car to me. I guess we'll know more at day break today. (at 7:30 am it's still dark in MI.)

I would think that today the ME would know the basics of the bone.
    Human, race, age, sex, how long it was out in weather, if it was cut off, etc.
    DNA will take longer. IMO
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by netsleuther View Post
    My thoughts were that it might be a right leg bone.
    The ME will be able to tell if there is a 'clean cut' also (vs a more natural cause for detaching, such as decomp, small animals, etc), no matter what kind of bone it is. In my heart, I have thought something tragic like this from the moment they decided early on that it was a homicide. I hope to God that I am wrong, but it's just what I have been thinking all along - that they will not find her whole body...

Quote Originally Posted by TxLady2 View Post
    Yesterday on JVM, Mike Brooks said LE would not have made the statement that the bone was believed to be that of Zahra unless they had a pretty good idea or proof somehow that it was. And on NG, I noticed she stated once that it was a child's bone. I've read most of the media reports and have seen nothing about it being a child's bone. How would they know that this soon, unless there was an ME there to confirm that?
    I think that if it were animal bone, we would know that by now. When Leonoard Padilla mysteriously pulled bones out of the lake at Blanchard Park searching for Caylee, they were identified very quickly as animal bones, iirc. Unless I'm getting my happenings mixed up. He also supposedly found shamrock things but I'm pretty sure he found animal bones.

Quote Originally Posted by rbrnmw2 View Post
    I have a question There has been a theory that Angel Zahra's cancer returned would the ME's office be able to test the bone marrow to rule that in or out?
    I think this is such a great question!

I think only a blood cancer (the leukemias) shows in bone marrow. A bone cancer would be in the bone, or a lesion on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. It's early and I'm scrambled.

I'm curious as to what else could be determined from the bone. Of course, if there is DNA it's all moot.

Also, how long would cancer tissue survive after death? Would it act like a dead tumor and still light up on a scan?
    The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them. ~Lois McMaster Bujold

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast