2010.11.03 Bone Recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

belimom

Speak the truth even if your voice shakes~M.Kuhn
Reaction score
http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/03/11/bone-recovered-zahra-baker-case-ar-508596/

HUDSON --
Hickory police recovered a bone Wednesday that may be connected to the Zahra Baker case.

Police would not confirm where the bone was recovered other than saying it was in Caldwell County. However, they spent the majority of the day searching along Christie Road, off Pine Mountain Road. Christie Road is the same area that Zahra Baker's prosthetic leg was found last week.

Deal would not comment on what part of the body the bone appears to be from. (more at link...)

Obviously I hope it's not Zahra, but if she indeed has passed- I pray it is so her family/friends/everone she has touched can have some semblance of closure. :(

P.S. I've been away all day but wanted to thank our mods for giving Zahra her own discussion forum <3

So what really bothers me is a thought I had early on. Yes, it's farfetched, and we don't know what kind of bone was found, but...What if SM got really fed up with Zahra and decided that she would just amputate the other leg as punishment? (Yes, I know - it's a very terrible thought, but I wouldn't put anything past her right now. :furious:) But little Zahra didn't live through it... :(

Just speculation... and I really hope I'm wrong.

just to let you know........I was just watching the tele and the fact that they found a bone came on as breaking news!!

I dont know if this is significant or they know more but a big thing was made of it.....

I am in Townsville about 35 kilometres north of the little town of giru where she lived before she went to to the US...so there is a lot of people here following the case..

just thought I'd let you know as this bone find may be quite significant if it has hit our media here as breaking news....

Yesterday on JVM, Mike Brooks said LE would not have made the statement that the bone was believed to be that of Zahra unless they had a pretty good idea or proof somehow that it was. And on NG, I noticed she stated once that it was a child's bone. I've read most of the media reports and have seen nothing about it being a child's bone. How would they know that this soon, unless there was an ME there to confirm that?

This is so sad. Question -- since we really don't know the date Zahra disappeared, would she have already decomped down to the bone? I thought that process took a great while. Sorry to be graphic.

Hugs,

Mel

I have a question There has been a theory that Angel Zahra's cancer returned would the ME's office be able to test the bone marrow to rule that in or out?

IMO, I feel this is hers. Since they are closing off the area and bring in more searchers today.
Our weather up until today has been unseasonably warm...being out in the open, it would not take that long for decomp. along with small animals (sorry).
I don't think LE will stop until they find her, from the looks of their faces...it's all personal now. Zahra has become Hickory's precious angel, just like she has become ours.

Does anyone know how close the search last night at the pond W/ the ladder is to where the bone and prosthetic were found?

I'm still wondering about that "shadow" in the pond. It sure looked like a very light colored car to me. I guess we'll know more at day break today. (at 7:30 am it's still dark in MI.)

I would think that today the ME would know the basics of the bone.
Human, race, age, sex, how long it was out in weather, if it was cut off, etc.
DNA will take longer. IMO

My thoughts were that it might be a right leg bone.

The ME will be able to tell if there is a 'clean cut' also (vs a more natural cause for detaching, such as decomp, small animals, etc), no matter what kind of bone it is. In my heart, I have thought something tragic like this from the moment they decided early on that it was a homicide. I hope to God that I am wrong, but it's just what I have been thinking all along - that they will not find her whole body... :cry:

Yesterday on JVM, Mike Brooks said LE would not have made the statement that the bone was believed to be that of Zahra unless they had a pretty good idea or proof somehow that it was. And on NG, I noticed she stated once that it was a child's bone. I've read most of the media reports and have seen nothing about it being a child's bone. How would they know that this soon, unless there was an ME there to confirm that?

I think that if it were animal bone, we would know that by now. When Leonoard Padilla mysteriously pulled bones out of the lake at Blanchard Park searching for Caylee, they were identified very quickly as animal bones, iirc. Unless I'm getting my happenings mixed up. He also supposedly found shamrock things but I'm pretty sure he found animal bones.

I have a question There has been a theory that Angel Zahra's cancer returned would the ME's office be able to test the bone marrow to rule that in or out?

I think this is such a great question!

I think only a blood cancer (the leukemias) shows in bone marrow. A bone cancer would be in the bone, or a lesion on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. It's early and I'm scrambled.

I'm curious as to what else could be determined from the bone. Of course, if there is DNA it's all moot.

Also, how long would cancer tissue survive after death? Would it act like a dead tumor and still light up on a scan?

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/03/11/bone-recovered-zahra-baker-case-ar-508596/

The sheriff’s office blocked off Christie Road while it was conducting its search. After the bone was discovered, that changed the nature of the investigation along the roadway, said B.J. Fore, public information officer for the sheriff’s office.

“It’s a crime scene now,” he said.

If LE is declaring this a crime scene, they must have some firm indication that this is Zahra.:waitasec:

Morning all! Gosh every day when I check in on sweet Zahra the news just gets worse and worse. I do hope they continue draining ponds because in my own 'gut' that's where I feel she was disposed.

At the very least, if this bone belong's to Zahra there will be (some) remains for her to have a proper burial. I despise thinking that Zahra was dismembered but it appears to me at this time in the investigation that the evidence is pointing to just that.
I hate typing that! Oh my, what did this baby go through before she died? I have worried and worried about her, had bad dreams about what happened to her, and prayed for her and the LEO's working on her case. The sadness conveyed thru LE's eyes breaks my heart.

Where are you Zahra? I hope today is your day!

MOO

wm

I'm curious abou the bone. If it was skeletal or did it have tissue.....so many questions. I missed the presser yesterday to freeze my butt off in the rain and wind for a football game. I had though I moved to texas to be warm.....guess not. Anyways, hope we get some info today.

I think this is such a great question!

I think only a blood cancer (the leukemias) shows in bone marrow. A bone cancer would be in the bone, or a lesion on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, though. It's early and I'm scrambled....(snipped)....

In the beginning, yes. But if a cancer (any cancer) spreads, it can get in the blood, the marrow, etc. It's one of the cancer tests they do to check on metastasis. DH had cancer 7 yrs ago and it was a routine test early on -- if my memory serves me correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123