Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Since I live in neighboring Tennessee, I know that it is just now getting cold enough to stall decomposition. Tonight is our first night down in the 30s.

The past few weeks have fluctuated up and down, from 40s at night to 80s during the day, and the past few days there has been alot of rain. There are still insects around too.

So there would definitely be decomposition and animal activity.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Maybe a new thread in relation to the SSI stuff? Not sure how this is connected to the bone recovery.
    There's the possibility that the bone could be the results of an amputation gone bad... The amputation could be the results of trying to get SSI (or just plain torture/punishment).
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by belimom View Post
    There's the possibility that the bone could be the results of an amputation gone bad... The amputation could be the results of trying to get SSI (or just plain torture/punishment).
    Got it, hadn't made that connection.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    I suspect ( my opinion only) They may have found more than one bone and just did not tell the public. There are many things they are holding close to the vest.
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

I suspect they have found a whole LOT of bones while out searching in various locations. You generally do.
    True, there are lots of things they are not releasing to the public. Heck, it isn't all that uncommon to find OTHER human bones while out searching for someone. It does happen. This is why veterans in SAR don't get excited because there are just too many variables. You keep searching until a positive ID is made or you risk losing valuable time.
    I think this just happened to be the bone the media caught wind of, either because they were not pushed back far enough or because of a leak....
    (And this BTW, is exactly why you keep the media back, because everything you find they make it a positive connection)

Not saying it's not a human bone, not saying it doesn't belong to Zahra, just saying I am moving forward with trying to find ideas of where they could have put her until I hear that they have found her.

10. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

North Carolina's beautiful Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    I suspect they have found a whole LOT of bones while out searching in various locations. You generally do.
    True, there are lots of things they are not releasing to the public. Heck, it isn't all that uncommon to find OTHER human bones while out searching for someone. It does happen. This is why veterans in SAR don't get excited because there are just too many variables. You keep searching until a positive ID is made or you risk losing valuable time.
    I think this just happened to be the bone the media caught wind of, either because they were not pushed back far enough or because of a leak....
    (And this BTW, is exactly why you keep the media back, because everything you find they make it a positive connection)

Not saying it's not a human bone, not saying it doesn't belong to Zahra, just saying I am moving forward with trying to find ideas of where they could have put her until I hear that they have found her.
    I'm wondering if they found the bone last week and were waiting for forensics to be sure it was hers before they came back?
    About the time we can make ends meet, somebody moves the ends. Herbert Hoover

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tiredblondy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    I'm wondering if they found the bone last week and were waiting for forensics to be sure it was hers before they came back?
    Being that the area has been unsecured for a good portion of that time, I'd like to think not.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sarx For This Useful Post:

Human bones are pretty easy to distinguish from animal bones, unless it's a small fragment. Child bones are pretty easy to distinguish from adult bones, due to differences in density of the bone.

The skull has 22 bones in it. So they could find a piece of the skull, 'a' bone, and call it a bone. But I think if they found the skull, or enough of it to identify it as such, they would call it a skull or a partial skull.

Turtle shells, however, can be difficult to distinguish from skull fragments, on first inspection.

(I was an anthropologist earlier in life)

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to Ada For This Useful Post:

Is there anyone other than me who thinks the bone recovered is a smaller one, perhaps from a finger or finger joint?

I have absolutely no basis for why I feel this way, btw.

Also, bone identification (as it pertains to ZB) should be very easy. Her cancer leaves a tale tale sign 9 miles wide (based on neoplastic changes, areas of uptake and pathologic features, just to name a few).

Biophosphonates are are often used in children with bone cancer and leave their footprints everywhere.. I feel sure ZB took biophosphonates for some length of time following her cancer dx. It's pretty much the standard of care.

Bisphosphonates, a class of drugs that inhibit osteoclast activity, are useful in preventing and/or inhibiting the growth and symptoms of lytic bone metastases, as well as preventing and treating generalized osteoporosis sometimes caused by chemotherapy agents in cancer patients. Following administration, bisphosphonates bind avidly to exposed bone mineral around resorbing osteoclasts leading to very high local concentrations of bisphosphonate in the resorption lacunae (up to 1,000 ÁM). On release from the bone surface, bisphosphonates are internalized by the osteoclast, where they cause disruption of the biochemical processes involved in bone resorption [9]. Bisphosphonates also cause osteoclast apoptosis, with the appearance of distinctive changes in cell and nuclear morphology.

http://www.leiomyosarcoma.info/metsb...isphosphonates
    Last edited by Paige SC; 11-04-2010 at 09:40 PM.

18. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Paige SC For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tiredblondy View Post
    I don't believe LE would leave the area unsecured. Field analysis could determine if the bone was human or animal; then it would be sent to the crime lab for further testing. MOO
    Rest in Peace
    Joey, Summer, Gianni & Joseph Mateo

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to panthera For This Useful Post:

If Zahra is out there then I pray that she is recovered. The only saving grace is that if the bone found is Zahra or the prosthetic leg has some decomp, or the mattress then they are going down.

LE are having a hard time but it looks as if they will have plenty of circumstantial evidence to place the Perps where they belong ... for a long time.
    Disclaimer: All posts are my own humble opinion. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts.

Justice for Caylee

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cyberborg For This Useful Post:

I'm one of those "guests" on the forums that just reads. But I'm always here. Zahra's case has just done me in. Bless her sweet heart.

I wanted to comment and say that we found many bones searching for Lindsey. Police would come and know almost instantly whether it was human or animal. We had one time where I guess it wasn't sure...the crime scene lab showed up and processed the scene. They ended up being animal bones. So I guess sometimes LE just isn't sure and they ask for the ME?

But after reading here how that area has been blocked off.....it leaves no doubt in my mind. The bone found must be human. I'm sick at heart. Poor Zahra. How that child must have suffered. Zahra's case is so bad because she suffered so much in life, and then these inhumane people took her life. I hate them

It's an outrage. And goes against every single thing I hold dear in my life. God Bless you Zahra. I just can't wrap my brain around this one. It's truly sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by ~PrinceSSa~ View Post
    What did they do to that poor sweet child?????!!!!!
    And more importantly....HOW LONG has Zahra REALLY been missing if they are finding a bone...
    Oh but....She was never missing. Her murderers know exactly where she is. They knew when they called 911 right where she is.

I wonder if they've found anything else in that area...how bad is this going to get?
    The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them. ~Lois McMaster Bujold

25. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Quote Originally Posted by breanna View Post
    I'm one of those "guests" on the forums that just reads. But I'm always here. Zahra's case has just done me in. Bless her sweet heart.

I wanted to comment and say that we found many bones searching for Lindsey. Police would come and know almost instantly whether it was human or animal. We had one time where I guess it wasn't sure...the crime scene lab showed up and processed the scene. They ended up being animal bones. So I guess sometimes LE just isn't sure and they ask for the ME?

But after reading here how that area has been blocked off.....it leaves no doubt in my mind. The bone found must be human. I'm sick at heart. Poor Zahra. How that child must have suffered. Zahra's case is so bad because she suffered so much in life, and then these inhumane people took her life. I hate them

It's an outrage. And goes against every single thing I hold dear in my life. God Bless you Zahra. I just can't wrap my brain around this one. It's truly sickening.
    I hate them too,Zahra has been very hard to follow.She was a beautiful little girl who survived so much in her young life.I hate them both for what they have done.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

27. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mikeysmommom For This Useful Post:

I'm hoping the bone if is Zahra's can give the answers as to what was happening before she died. I know anthropologists have dug up human bones 100s of years old and can tell if the person had malnutrition, signs of rickets etc, other illnesses and condition so maybe Zahra's bones will tell the story of her physical condition before she died.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NancyA For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast