1046 users online (192 members and 854 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010.10.09 - Adam Baker's 911 call

Transcript of AB's 911 call:
    http://www.wbtv.com/global/story.asp?s=13351620

<<DISPATCHER: OK, so.. No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning...? [It is now after 2 pm that day]

ADAM BAKER: No.. like I said we, uh, had all that drama last night and we... me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it.

DISPATCHER: And you say she is handicapped..?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am.. she has an above the knee amputation.

DISPATCHER: OK, she has one leg and it is partially amputated?

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

DISPATCHER: So... Prosthetic leg was taken with her?

ADAM BAKER: Yes ma'am..

DISPATCHER: OK. And you don't have any idea at all...

ADAM BAKER: Like I said it was it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and.. I guess.. they thought he lived in this house...>>
    Last edited by Patty G; 11-06-2010 at 05:33 PM. Reason: Added date of the 911 call for easier reference

elisa-----911 call reporting fire-----

911: What’s the address of your emergency?

EB: uhh yes ma’am…uhhh…uh…my husband…my husband works for uhh…a tree maintenance company and our backyards on fire.

911: Your what’s on fire?

EB: The backyard, we got big mulch piles and wood piles because we sell firewood and stuff

911: Okay…what’s your address ma’am?

EB: It’s 21, 21 avenue NW

911: 21-21st. avenue NW?

EB: yes

911: Okay, is it close to the house?

EB: We’re right behind, uhhhhh…

EB: do what?

911: is it close to your house?

EB: uhhhh it’s not very, it’s kind of off…we’re right by behind where the uh new 137 bistro opened

911: Uh huh

EB: ummmm

911: What’s your phone number there ma’am?

EB: It’s 855, umm 3, let me give you my cell phone because I can’t remember my home phone

911: ( fills in the rest of her home # for her )

911: Okay, we’ll get them out there ma’am.

EB: Okay thank you.

Elisa Baker’s Full 911 Call/Fire:
    http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...-911-tape.html
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post

<<DISPATCHER: OK, so.. No one has seen your daughter since 2:30 this morning...? [It is now after 2 pm that day]

ADAM BAKER: No.. like I said we, uh, had all that drama last night and we... me and my wife went back to bed. And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty.. cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something. And that's about it.

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them.

ADAM BAKER: Like I said it was it was all addressed to him and it was all taken out on him and.. I guess.. they thought he lived in this house...>>
    RE: The last line from your quote.

Can anyone tell if his voice pattern changes where AB say's "was all taken out on him" while I don't know what it means but thought I noticed the difference while listening.

..the 911 call------which let's not forget began with the preliminary---
    adam: "hey, how ya doin'?" call before he was transferred to the police department.

..once transferred, he goes on and on ----for just shy of 5 MINUTES--at NO time does he get even slightly hysterical----he never mentions her name, gives a description, insist that LE get there a.s.a.p.!!!!

..he instead rambles on about the fire that happened 8 hours earlier----throws out little hints about the bosses daughter ---(trying in some fashion to make their idiotic ransom note make some sense)-----and some nonsense about the kidnappers starting a fire as a distraction, so they could "sneak in" and take zahra ( by mistake.)

..if there was a charge for sheer stupidity------he'd be in jail.

Quote Originally Posted by Capri View Post

ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them. (Freudian slip?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    ADAM BAKER: Yes, she has a prosthetic leg that they apparently have taken with them. (Freudian slip?)
    ADAM BAKER: The police were out here last night. They found a ransom note for my bosses daughter… um… I got up a little while ago… and it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter.

------THEY also took his daughter...

ADAM BAKER: Ummm. We checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there... and all this happened last night around 5 ...so I don't know if they set a fire in the yard to distract us to go out and then they snuck in the door... or.. I don't know.

-----THEY also set the fire and THEY then snuck in..

ADAM BAKER: OK. Last night...we woke up.. my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the back yard and somebody had poured gas in my company vehicle I drive to work. They left a ransom note on my company vehicle to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next.

-----THEY then left the ransom note..

--------i can only think of two people that add up to THEY at the moment.
    one is in jail and the other should be.

cause she is hitting that brooding stage (laughter) so we only see her when she comes out when she wants something.
    This behavior of hers is unacceptable to him, I believe. Very unacceptable, and justifies things. More things than him not going to check, IMO. She isn't controllable. She writes letters to friends.

Wise Old Owl is offline Retired WS Staff & Founding member of AFKBPOFPOPL
    "Hey. How ya doin'?"

That was enough for me - right there.

NO ONE with an ounce of compassion for ANY living thing would call 911 to report a child missing would begin with that.

"nuff said for me.

JMHO as always

I wonder what was said between the "Hey How ya doin?" and the start of the rest of the call. I think it was released in two pieces for a reason....I think there's some we have not heard.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    ADAM BAKER: The police were out here last night. They found a ransom note for my bosses daughter… um… I got up a little while ago… and it appears they took my daughter instead of my bosses daughter.

------THEY also took his daughter...

ADAM BAKER: Ummm. We checked in there last night about 2:30 and she was there... and all this happened last night around 5 ...so I don't know if they set a fire in the yard to distract us to go out and then they snuck in the door... or.. I don't know.

-----THEY also set the fire and THEY then snuck in..

ADAM BAKER: OK. Last night...we woke up.. my dog woke me up and I had a fire in the back yard and somebody had poured gas in my company vehicle I drive to work. They left a ransom note on my company vehicle to my boss saying they had his daughter and his son was next.

-----THEY then left the ransom note..

--------i can only think of two people that add up to THEY at the moment.
    one is in jail and the other should be.
    "They" being the fake kidnappers, since the fake ransom note does say "we":

"Mr. Coffey, you like being in control who is in control now we have your daughter and your pot smoking red head son is next unless you do what is asked 1,000,000 unmarked will be in touch soon"

Etilema is offline Being kind to the cruel results in being cruel to the kind.
    Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    I wonder what was said between the "Hey How ya doin?" and the start of the rest of the call. I think it was released in two pieces for a reason....I think there's some we have not heard.
    The first clip was from the first 911 operator he talked to, who then transferred him. They are really two separate conversations. In the first one (after asking "how ya doin"), he asks for police ("I need police"). In the beginning of the longer (2nd) one, you can hear the phone dialing to connect him to the other operator.

"And my daughter is I think's coming into puberty..."

So if he knows what happened, he knows it's bloody. Is this a set-up for an answer for the blood found on her mattress and maybe in the car?

Oh, and Wise Old Owl, I totally agree with you. Not only is "hey how ya doin'" hella odd for someone with a missing daughter, but he conducts the entire conversation like he's sitting in a bar discussing sports or the weather, NOT his missing daughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lera213 View Post
    I am so sad right now. So sad.

I posted this in the Haleigh Cummings forum some time ago, but it applies in this case, too. It's quite long, but a very interesting/telling analysis. Definitely worth reading:
    http://findarticles.com/p/articles/m.../ai_n27504386/

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast