777 users online (136 members and 641 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Zahra Baker Search and Recovery Effort and Input

Anyone have thoughts or local perspective as to areas in and around the Granite Falls area where someone would dump a body?

Looking for dump areas/pullouts/etc.

Or any other ideas!

I would say we should start with looking at the area. The Bakers lived there at one time didn't they?

I am done in, but I think tomorrow it woudl be a good idea to investigate the granite falls area as well as get the google maps as well as any local input from an granie falls or area locals.

NOw the real work begins.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

sarx, maybe you could post that screenshot we took the other day? That might help give folks a visual on some areas. Also, the map we have of the Granite Falls area with the bluff-type area?
    And re: searching- it's raining and chilly right now. Not the best, but not the worst either.
    Thanks for the thread.

Also- I too am still wondering if there are any locals who can post general locations of dump sites, or sites where people might dump trash. Or sites where teens/young adults might 'party' out of sight of LE. TIA.

I plan to get some google earth shots of all the areas off Christy and Dudley Shoals that have already been or are currently being searched posted when I get off work tonite
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Thanks to all locals helping us.
    Blessings for all LE and search teams.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

The pond???? any news locals????
    Is it drained now?
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Another thought re: searching- abandonded buildings on properties in semi rural locations. Barns, sheds, etc. Those doing flyovers on google, keep an eye out in the Granite Falls as well as Christie Rd areas, and mark the coordinates. I'll create a radius around them- it has helped in MP's cases in the past. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Is it drained now?
    Yes, the pond of of Christie Rd. near the radio tower was drained yesterday and turned up nothing (no car, no bone, nada).

Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    Is it drained now?
    I believe the pond has been drained.
    From www2.wspa.com (News Channel 7)

<During their search, they even drained a pond, but did not recover anything in it, said Maj. Clyde Deal with the Hickory Police Department.

http://twitter.com/#!/radberkywcnc

Rad has posted that he is heading back to Hickory. Hopefully we will get some updates soon.

Quote Originally Posted by sarx View Post
    Yes, the pond of of Christie Rd. near the radio tower was drained yesterday and turned up nothing (no car, no bone, nada).
    I asked this several times yesterday, but never got a response (not one I saw anyway): were 2 ponds being drained yesterday? Someone posted a link to a MSM source that said LE was in the process of draining 2 ponds. I was only aware of the 1 pond near the radio tower. Can you, or anyone else, clarify this for me?

O/T Thank you SO much for starting the breaking news thread, Sarx! I've been looking for breaking news since I came here this morning and having no luck wading through the threads to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    I asked this several times yesterday, but never got a response (not one I saw anyway): were 2 ponds being drained yesterday? Someone posted a link to a MSM source that said LE was in the process of draining 2 ponds. I was only aware of the 1 pond near the radio tower. Can you, or anyone else, clarify this for me?
    2 ponds TOTAL have been drained. 1 yesterday and 1 a few weeks back. I don't think I am wrong on this, but who knows! I think they got this one wrong, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    One of the local channels reported that 2 ponds had been drained/searched by LE. I think they meant 2 ponds total. The one they had searched previously back in the middle of October (near the Burke Co. work site) and the one yesterday.
    Justice for Nevaeh FB Group http://bit.ly/justice4nevaeh

In Memory of Aja D. Johnson:
    http://bit.ly/AjaFacebookGroup

In Memory of Ethan Stacy -
    http://bit.ly/inmemoryofethan

here is the pond from yesterday, and the road is christy road in hudson nc.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=CHRIST...,0.002,27.19,0

there is another pond about 200 meters east.

Page 1 of 76 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast