The Evidence Trail - Zahra Baker

good idea sarx

great thread topic... I will start it off:

1)fake ransom note left under ww of chevy tahoe (company car). written by EB

Possible blood taken from tahoe and pictures of console.

Plastic bowl with green vegg. matter
Drug paraphanalia (not sure where exactly these items were taken from as warrant lists house, and two vehicles at top)

Prosthetic leg (CONFIRMED Zahra's via serial numbers and per LE) located during search of area off Christy Road near intersection of Ekard Rd, Hudson, NC.

Possible mattress pertaining to Zahra (no confirmation on whether LE testing ever revealed it to be hers) located by landfill employee days after LE search there had been called off.

Possible bone of Zahra (No results yet confirmed by LE or lab that bone is Zahra's, simply MAY be) located in/near same area as searchers found Zahra's prosthetic.

Discarded mattress found in Foothills Environmental landfill in Lenoir that handles trash from Caldwell County where they used to live but not Catawba County where they were currently living.

Recent tip led searchers back to the house to dig in the backyard for a "piece of evidence". LE claims to have found that "piece" in the yard.

Investigators wait for DNA results, review and re-evaluate in Zahra case

Meanwhile, District Attorney Jay Gaither said he re-iterated with the SBI Crime Lab the importance of putting a rush on the case. Gaither said that is standard procedure, and something the SBI was doing before he made the request.

Since the investigation began October 9th, Hickory Police have submitted four rounds of evidence to the SBI for processing. In two of those submissions, the first results came back within a few days, the next results came back in two weeks.

The SBI has not disclosed what evidence was tested; however search warrants were executed on the former Baker home, two cars parked in the driveway, and a search was done at Adam Baker's work site during the timeframe evidence was submitted.
The last two submissions were made to the SBI on November 3rd and 4th. That's when police also announced they found a possible bone connected to Zahra.

DNA evidence will likely be the most crucial evidence in prosecuting whoever brought harm to Zahra Baker. The ten-year-old was reported missing October 9th, by her father, Adam Baker.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

During the search, investigators found a bone they believe may be related to Zahra Baker’s disappearance. After finding the bone Nov. 3, law enforcement sent it to the medical examiner’s office in Chapel Hill for testing. After those tests, if it’s determined to be connected to Zahra’s case, it will be sent to the SBI lab in Raleigh for additional tests.

“A rush has been put on any evidence relating to this case,” said Capt. Thurman Whisnant with the Hickory Police Department. “The SBI made it priority No. 1. The bone is of key importance. I know they’re working on it right now.”

In addition to the bone, investigators recovered additional evidence from Christie Road, although Whisnant declined to comment on what it was.

A few white flags were planted where law enforcement had found bones. Farther into the woods, a few trees had branches with neon green ties on them, with the ends of the branches snapped off.

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/201...igators-await-results-dna-evidence-ar-521555/

Recent tip led searchers back to the house to dig in the backyard for a "piece of evidence". LE claims to have found that "piece" in the yard.

Can you post a msm link for this, Kamille. Thanks.

DNA evidence can take several weeks or months to process. First, a DNA profile from Zahra Baker must be built, before any potential evidence can be compared.

The fact that it's not clear exactly when Zahra disappeared further complicates building her profile. It's not as easy as taking hair from a brush, when it's not even clear when Zahra lived in the family home on 21st Avenue NW.

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13465050

BBM: Can someone explain to me why LE would be having a hard time building Zahra's DNA profile, and I just don't understand why the time frame that hair is in a brush has anything to do with Zahra's DNA? Does the DNA degrade over time? TIA

SO we can surmise from the bone being sent for further analysis that it is human. We cannot assume that it is Zahra's. However the proximatey of finding a human bone so near to where they found Zahra's (confirmed) prostethic makes us pretty confident it is related - yes?

SO we can surmise from the bone being sent for further analysis that it is human. We cannot assume that it is Zahra's. However the proximatey of finding a human bone so near to where they found Zahra's (confirmed) prostethic makes us pretty confident it is related - yes?

Actually, the answer lies in which media is reporting this information correctly.

According to my post upthread, the bone went to Chapel Hill Medical Examiner's office first, and if it was deemed to be related to Zahra's case, it would be going to Raleigh.

According to Fox, the steps are in reverse.

I, personally, think that it makes more sense for the bone to go to the ME office before SBI, which is State run, I believe, but hopefully someone can clarify this.

So, I do believe that they have indeed determined the bone to be related to Zahra. :(

The State Bureau of Investigation lab began testing the bone, found near Christie Road in Caldwell County, last Friday. Once that examination is complete and if it is determined to be related to this case, it will be sent to the NC Medical Examiner's Office lab in Chapel Hill for further testing.

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

I took the article to mean that if it was determined to be human then it would be deemed to be connected to Zahra (probably due to the proximety of the prosthesis found near (in the area).

Zahra's bio-Mother claims to have found out where Zahra was 3 days before she was reported missing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back