Following the money.

*Kat*

Reaction score
Does anyone know about any sort of insurance policies, etc. Would there be any financial benefit to AB or EB should anything happen to our sweet girl? There HAD to be something, no? What would their motive be? This girl was an angel.

Great thread.
Not only insurance, but did they use Zahra for money like sex?

Money trail.........we know about all the bad checks etc, but!

who did hair and nails? free?
Tatoos?
income vs what AB/EB spent
selling drugs

Slightly OT

Does anyone know of there is a thread on The Spiritual Counseling Network that has been shut down? From my understanding, LE wants to hear from anyone who has donated to their Zahra Baker fund, and I'm curious as to why. Can someone help point me to a more appropriate discussion forum for that, or would that fall under this discussion topic? I'm alittle...umm...out of sorts with the forum setup.

ETA: Nevermind, someone just started it. Gotta learn to have a little patience, I guess. Carry on.

Great thread.
Not only insurance, but did they use Zahra for money like sex?

Money trail.........we know about all the bad checks etc, but!

who did hair and nails? free?
Tatoos?
income vs what AB/EB spent
selling drugs

That's what I'm wondering....where's the money coming from. Allegedly EB received $10,000 from the LD, so what was the money for??? And what did they spend it on? Obviously, not groceries (re: the bounced checks @ various grocery stores) or medical care for Zahra. And what exactly was done to earn this amount of money???
There are so many layers to this case; virtual role play, sex, drugs, money, abuse/neglect and a little 10 yo angel right in the middle of it all. Words just escape me.:sick: WEll, words that I am allowed to post on WS anyway.

Slightly OT

Does anyone know of there is a thread on The Spiritual Counseling Network that has been shut down? From my understanding, LE wants to hear from anyone [/B]who has donated to their Zahra Baker fund, and I'm curious as to why. Can someone help point me to a more appropriate discussion forum for that, or would that fall under this discussion topic? I'm alittle...umm...out of sorts with the forum setup.

ETA: Nevermind, someone just started it. Gotta learn to have a little patience, I guess. Carry on.

From what I've gathered, the Reverend associated with this fund has a criminal record, (forgery and identity theft) and was not considered legit.

From what I've gathered, the Reverend associated with this fund has a criminal record, (forgery and identity theft) and was not considered legit.

Well, that's a good reason. Wonder if he had any loose association with anyone involved with the Bakers.

That's what I'm wondering....where's the money coming from. Allegedly EB received $10,000 from the LD, so what was the money for??? And what did they spend it on? Obviously, not groceries (re: the bounced checks @ various grocery stores) or medical care for Zahra. And what exactly was done to earn this amount of money???
There are so many layers to this case; virtual role play, sex, drugs, money, abuse/neglect and a little 10 yo angel right in the middle of it all. Words just escape me.:sick: WEll, words that I am allowed to post on WS anyway.

Your post articulated many of my thoughts, suspicions, etc about the mysteries in this case.

I'm not sure what we're allowed to post here, so I'll refrain from giving words to my darker suspicions about the principals involved.

(I [ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5765330&postcount=80"]posted [/ame]this on another thread...)

I just recalled an earlier thread where we were discussing whether or not Zahra was eligible for SSI (disability income). I believe Ada is an expert on this so she (or others) might can add some more info.

It appears that she was not because (1) her hearing aids remedied her hearing loss, and (2) she had one leg amputated around the knee. In order to be eligible as an amputee, it seems that she would have to have had one leg amputated at the hip or two limbs amputated.

I really hope these pitiful adults who were supposed to be loving her and taking care of her did not succumb to greed and try to find a way to get money through Zahra, only to have their plan fail miserably when she didn't live through the torturous event. :furious:

http://disability-claims.org/child_disability.html

Following are some of the disability categories in which we can presume your child is disabled and make immediate SSI payments:

HIV infection
Total Blindness
Total Deafness (in some cases)
Cerebral palsy ( in some cases)
Down syndrome
Muscular dystrophy (in some cases)
Mental retardation
Diabetes (with amputation of one foot)
Amputation of two limbs
Amputation of leg at the hip

I believe that the three disabiling conditions that Zahra suffered with would have been enough to qualify for SSI, however - it would be dependent upon the family income because if the household income exceeds a certain amount they would not qualify for cash benefits (to my knowledge). What complicates the little amount of information that I know is that Zahra and her Father are from Oz. As he was not a citizen of the US prior to two years ago, he was not a "refugee" from a qualifying country, and he wasn't making very much money - according to the previous records released. I wonder if AB or Zahra even had medical insurance coverage and that may have prevented them from seeking medical care for her.
If their income level was low enough, and they applied for Zahra to receive SSI - they could potentially receive approximately $630 p/mo plus medical insurance coverage for her.

Guys, I guess you all are going to get tired of hearing this from me...but ...

I seriously think when we find out what her life was like before her death it will be worse than anything that could have happened to her body afterward.

Think money..there was a reason for them to isolate her! my opinion only

(I posted this on another thread...)

I just recalled an earlier thread where we were discussing whether or not Zahra was eligible for SSI (disability income). I believe Ada is an expert on this so she (or others) might can add some more info.

Do we know if AB and Zahra were able to try and collect from social security? Did they go through the immigration process and become residents(green card)/citizens?

I believe that IF AB and Zahra did not they would have been ineligible for Social Security, Social Security Disability and Supplemental Security Income if they were not citizens ( maybe off on this)

Something to keep in mind about EBs tattoos, she may have had those before AB or Z were ever in the US.

Some shops around here let apprentices do anything for $20, for the experience. Tattoos aren't always expensive.

Something to keep in mind about EBs tattoos, she may have had those before AB or Z were ever in the US.

Some shops around here let apprentices do anything for $20, for the experience. Tattoos aren't always expensive.

JMO Something else to consider here is her drug activity. Alot of people would do a Tat for a drug payment. My son has several and when I ask what they cost he would just say Mom you really dont want to know.

Does anyone know about any sort of insurance policies, etc. Would there be any financial benefit to AB or EB should anything happen to our sweet girl? There HAD to be something, no? What would their motive be? This girl was an angel.

There is the question of what Australian payments Ab and Zahra were on before they left Australia, and for how long those payments are portable to a foreign country? I know family tax payment is paid at the higher rate low income earners ger for I think 13 weeks, and then at a lower, minimal sort of rate for quite some time. Don't know about child disability payments that get paid to carers, how portable they are. I also don't know whether AB would have been receiving a payment and if so whether it was a portable one... parenting payment, disability support payment, whose to tell? It is possible that they took Zahra with them in order to keep some of those payments for the time they are portable, rather than have KB claim for the child (I'm guessing she would have to claim, because she doesn't look well-funded enough to do without any sort of financial help) and AB lose the payments immediately.

But worth considering because it does give a financial motive for taking her in the first place rather than leaving her behind.

Aaaaaand you aren't likely to find out what payments they were on unless it comes out through official channels during the trial, because Centrelink privacy rules are tighter than a fish's bung hole.

"The subpoena says she may have used as many as eight different aliases and also requested any financial transactions made by Baker's daughter from a previous marriage, Amber Fairchild"

Things that make you go HMMMMMM......

It was mentioned that she used a daughter's name to get the utilities turned on, so it wouldn't surprise me if Amber's name was one of her many aliases.

"The subpoena says she may have used as many as eight different aliases and also requested any financial transactions made by Baker's daughter from a previous marriage, Amber Fairchild"

Things that make you go HMMMMMM......

Things that REALLY make you go HMMMMM.

(Post editted so I don't get in trouble.) ;)

It was mentioned that she used a daughter's name to get the utilities turned on, so it wouldn't surprise me if Amber's name was one of her many aliases.

Or perhaps LE is looking into the real Amber Fairchild's finances. Who's to say?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back