AZ AZ - Pinal Co., WhtFem UP7193, 21-35, fringed Harley Davidson jacket, Jan'87

masnitram

Antithesis
Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1130ufaz.html

https://identifyus.org/cases/7193

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on January 7, 1987 in Stanfield, Pinal County, Arizona.
Estimated Date of Death: Days prior.
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction.
Cause and Manner of Death: Unknown.

Vital Statistics

Estimated Age: 26-29 years old.

Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4" to 5'8" and unknown weight.

Distinguishing Characteristics: Light brown to blonde or strawberry
blonde hair and unknown eye color.

Marks, scars: Ears pierced bilaterally. Facial freckles or pockmarks.

Clothing: "Harley Davidson" brand black leather jacket with fringes (size 34),
gray and red sweatshirt, "Glory Days" brand blue denim pants with a zipper (size 7-8),
black underwear, white socks, and black shoes.

Jewelry: Harley Davidson earrings, red and gold white metal ring with a silver
and turquoise stone in the shape of an eagle on right index finger, white metal ring
in the shape of a belt loop on left ring finger, yellow metal bracelet with six red and
blue stars on left wrist, necklace bearing a charm with a tan oval stone, and necklace
bearing a unicorn charm.

Dentals: X-rays and photographs are available. Maxillary and mandibular incisors
exhibit anterior wear. Enamel hypoplasia on #2, #3, #14 - 21, #29 - 32. O - peg shaped.
Amalgam restorations: #2 - DO; #3 - O, OL; #4 - O; #13 - O; #14 - OL; #15 - O; #19 - O;
#20 - MOD; #30 - O; #32 - OF

DNA: Not available. 1987: Case file does not contain documentation of bone samples
retained for DNA analysis.

Fingerprints: Available. Fingerprints were sent to the Tucson Police Department for
comparison; on November 18, 1987, the search yeilded negative results.

Case History
The victim was found along the roadside of I-8, south of the eastbound lane. The desert area is in the vicinity of
Standfield, Arizona.

My first thought was Diana Lynn Miller based on the circumstances of her disappearence.

However I'm not sure if the decomp was enough to erase any tattoos she had as none are listed on either UID link.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1285dfpa.html

Namus case manager Dr. Bruce Anderson replied to my inquiry about Diana:

Thanks for using NamUs Sam. I have contacted the police department in Emporium Borough and have requested that they send me dental records for Diana or that they have another forensic scientist compare Diana’s dental records to our Jane Doe case in NamUs. I’ll let you know what the results are.

Dr Bruce E Anderson

Western Regional Forensic Anthropologist

National Missing and Unidentified Persons System

bruce.anderson@pima.gov

www.namus.gov

I emailed Dr. Anderson for an update regarding Diana Lynn Miller's dental information (for comparison to the UID) and received the following reply.

"Hi Sam. I’m still waiting. I will call them again by Friday if I don’t hear anything. BEA"

I checked the Namus page and no one is listed as being ruled out.

I take it you did not hear back Masnitram?

What about Rochelle Ihm?
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/i/ihm_rochelle.html
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1587dfaz.html
Rochelle Maria Ihm
Missing since July 13, 1986 from Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: March 1, 1966
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 98 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
•Marks, Scars: A round brown birthmark on her leg.
•Jewelry: Oval shaped sapphire ring with eight small diamonds surrounding the sapphire.
•Medical: Diabetic
•AKA: Rocky
•Dentals: Available

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
On July 13, 1986 at approximately 11:00 A.M., Rochelle Ihm was last seen in the area of 6th Street and Washington Street in Phoenix, Arizona. Ihm, a San Diego resident who was a trained paralegal, had grown up in Phoenix but followed her parents to California, and had made a spur-of-the-moment trip to the Valley on July 12 to socialize with friends.

A friend of the family paid for her one-way ticket and picked her up at the airport. That night, she partied with other friends. According to the family friend he dropped Ihm off at the Greyhound bus station downtown about noon that Sunday. He said she planned to travel by bus back to California. She was never seen again.

Rochelle was going to start a new job on July 14, 1986, but she failed to show up. Foul play is suspected in Rochelle's disappearance

This woman goes missing from the same bus stop.

Julie Ann Grubaugh
Missing since November 2, 1986 from Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona
Classification: Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: May 7, 1961
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 25 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 130 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown long hair; brown eyes. Fair complexion.
•Marks, Scars: Scar on stomach.
•Dentals: Available.

On November 2, 1986 at 15.00 Julie Grubaugh was supposedly dropped off at the Greyhound Bus Station, 550 East Washington Street, by her Ex-husband.
Prior to going missing Julie resided with her husband at a wrecking yard 4000 south 51st avenue and worked at J’s Coffee Shop, 6066 South Central Avenue

This woman dated someone in the Hells Angels, so she has the connections. Age and height seem to match up well as well.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2860dfca.html

Paget Renee Barr
Missing since July 26, 1986 from Oroville, Butte County, California

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: December 30, 1956
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 120 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; brown eyes. Pierced ears.
•Marks, Scars: Scar between the eyes, spotted skin from exposure to the sun.
•Clothing: Blue jeans, black pullover and white sandals.
•Fingerprints: Available

Paget was dating a man who was known to be an enforcer for the Hells Angels. The police report shows she was with a male friend to pick up money at a Western Union on Saturday, July 26, 1986. On Sunday the 27th, her friend came back to the house where she was staying and when asked where Paget was, he responded with "Isn't she here?". He stated that he last saw Paget when she got into a blue 280z with her boyfriend at the bus station on the 26th.

Paget has not been seen or heard from since. She left her two daughters and never picked up her welfare check.

Masnitram, do we have any other women who have been ruled out? You are doing such a great job, and appreciate everything you do!

Thank you PhiercePhi, the only other rule-out listed is Patricia Schmidt.

rcoope23- I have looked at Paget before based on her known association with biker gangs. I'll have to get back to you about why I didn't submit her info along with Diana's...there was a reason but I'll have to reread my file.The other two aren't impossible, but their circumstances don't sit well with me.

thanks masnitum, in the mean time, here are all the women with known bikie associations that fit the stats.

Tammy Dawn Risenhoover
Missing since early 1984 from Tulsa, Oklahoma

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: August 6, 1964
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 26 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2"; 130 lbs
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Black/brown hair; hazel eyes. Medium complexion.
•Marks, Scars: Purple-ish birthmark on back of neck at hairline

Tammy Risenhoover disappeared under suspicious circumstances in early 1984.

At the time she was associating with a local motorcycle gang.

She was reported missing by her family on March 6, 1990 but they had no contact since 1984.
Foul play is suspected.

Susan M. DeQuina
Missing since October 3, 1979 from Lynn, Massachusetts

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: May 29, 1957
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 120 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Auburn hair; hazel eyes.
•Marks, Scars: Rose tattoo on her chest and the name Archie.
•AKA: Susan Carroll

Susan DeQuina was last seen on October 3, 1979, leaving her home in Lynn. Susan DeQuina was a 22-year-old mother of two living in an apartment her father owned. Susan disappeared on a night when she called a babysitter to watch her kids so that she and her boyfriend could buy a refrigerator.

Susan's boyfriend, Michele Gagnon, was a member of the Hell's Angels motorcycle gang. Gagnon lived part of the time with Susan, and part of the time with his best friend, Robert Garbino. Susan was last known to be with Michele Gagnon.

Weeks after Susan disappeared, Gagnon's friend, Robert Garbino was shot to death and dismembered. Michele Gagnon eventually surfaced weeks after the Garbino murder, in a woman's apartment in Bridgeport, CT. Michele Gagnon was found shot to death in the woman's bedroom. All happened over just a few weeks.

Maria Florence Anjiras
Missing since February 12, 1976 from Norwalk, Fairfield County, Connecticut.

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: August 10, 1961
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 14 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5' 6" - 168 cm; 120 lbs - 54 kg
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes. Fair complexion. No known scars or tattoos.
•Clothing: Maria was last seen wearing white canvas pants, a peach sweater, and a green school jacket with "Mia" written on it.Brown shoes.
•DNA: Available
•Dentals: Not Available
•Fingerprints: Not Available
•AKA: Mia

Maria Anjiras was last seen on February 12, 1976 leaving her Midwood Road home on a blue English race bike. The bike was later found approximately one mile from Anjiras' home. Maria took multiple sweaters, a pair of jeans, pajamas and some money before she left the house on the day she disappeared. Maria's relatives later told police that Maria had threatened to run away two weeks prior to her disappearance, but they talked her out of it.

Maria was scheduled to take a vocal lesson in the afternoon and babysit for a neighbor early in the evening. Her father was supposed to drive her to both events. Maria did not return home for a ride to either of her scheduled appointments and her father reported her missing at 17:45.
She has not been heard from since.

Maria was initially considered a runaway but her status has since been updated to "missing endangered," opening her case up to the possibility of abduction or murder.
Maria was a Norwalk High School freshman at the time. She may have been seen at the headquarters of the Charter Oaks Motorcycle Club in August 1976.
Kimberly Rae Doss
Missing since May 29, 1979 from Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida
Classification: Lost, Injured, Missing

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: September 11, 1962
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 16 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4" (163 cm); 140 lbs (64 kg)
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.
•Marks, Scars: She has pierced ears.
•DNA: Available in CODIS
•AKA: Her nicknames are Kim and Kimmy.

Doss was last seen on May 29, 1979 in Jacksonville, Florida visiting with a relative.
She was known to be in the company of a motorcycle club.

Just to update, four rule-outs now listed:

Hazel Klug, 1962, Virginia
Diana Miller, 1962, Pennsylvania
Kristina Perkins, 1953, Arizona
Patricia Schmidt, 1964, Virginia

7 rule-outs listed now.

Julie Grubaugh 1961 Arizona
Rochelle Ihm 1966 Arizona
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Diana Miller 1962 Pennsylvania
Connie Minchaca 1960 California
Kristina Perkins 1953 Arizona
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

Nice that they added a sketch this past March too :)

https://identifyus.org/en/medias/full/19960

I had a thought recently about this case. Notice she was decked out in a ton of Harley gear. Did his/her bike breakdown? He walks to get gas and ditches her? There was no he? Was it her bike and she broke down? Decides to walk for gas....dies from exposure? Did she upset him and he ditched her? Abandoned Harley? They would have put two and two together by now right? Probable cause for the death is what I'd really like to know. Just because she was decked out in Harley-Gear doesn't mean she may have been riding at all. She is in the desert, that area in particular is very remote....even today.

I sent an email to Bruce Anderson about Leah. Nice find! Both the UID and Leah claim to have DNA samples " Sample submitted - Tests complete" in NAMUS. I'll let you know if/when I get a response :)

Ok.Thank you. I am wondering what type of DNA is on file for them. If they both do not have MTdna on them or different types of DNA on profile for them it might not show up a match. They might have to manually check them both. I am interested in knowing if they have MTdna on their Jane Doe because I am trying to check some one else with this Jane Doe also.

Ok.Thank you. I am wondering what type of DNA is on file for them. If they both do not have MTdna on them or different types of DNA on profile for them it might not show up a match. They might have to manually check them both. I am interested in knowing if they have MTdna on their Jane Doe because I am trying to check some one else with this Jane Doe also.

Totally understand. I will try and find out for you :websleuther:

Regarding Leah Jean Van Schoick, I got a reply from Bruce Anderson-

"Thanks for using NamUs. A DNA comparison has been requested. I will be back in touch."

Ms Suzanne- I did inquire about the DNA on file for this Jane, I'll be sure to let you know.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2860dfca.html

Paget Renee Barr
Missing since July 26, 1986 from Oroville, Butte County, California

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: December 30, 1956
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 29 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 120 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red hair; brown eyes. Pierced ears.
•Marks, Scars: Scar between the eyes, spotted skin from exposure to the sun.
•Clothing: Blue jeans, black pullover and white sandals.
•Fingerprints: Available

Paget was dating a man who was known to be an enforcer for the Hells Angels. The police report shows she was with a male friend to pick up money at a Western Union on Saturday, July 26, 1986. On Sunday the 27th, her friend came back to the house where she was staying and when asked where Paget was, he responded with "Isn't she here?". He stated that he last saw Paget when she got into a blue 280z with her boyfriend at the bus station on the 26th.

Paget has not been seen or heard from since. She left her two daughters and never picked up her welfare check.

I sent an email looking for an update on Leah (DNA comparison) and also did ask him about Paget. Living in Arizona for the past three years and knowing, now, where this woman was found exactly made me seriously reconsider my initial objection.

They, rather quickly, have ruled out Paget Barr based on dentals.

In the reply I was also told that Leah and the DNA comparison (and all DNA comparisons in this case) is up to NAMUS...

Here is an updated rule-out list.

Paget Barr 1956 California
Julie Grubaugh 1961 Arizona
Rochelle Ihm 1966 Arizona
Hazel Klug 1962 Virginia
Tammy Leppert 1965 Florida
Diana Miller 1962 Pennsylvania
Connie Minchaca 1960 California
Kristina Perkins 1953 Arizona
Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia

Hi, I see Paget got ruled out. I noticed that Tammy Fields may have been in Pine Bluff/Benton or Arizona. She was last seen wearing a leather jacket. She is said to have went missing Jan 12th but there might have been a confusion of dates. Similarity in their clothing and the fact she is stated to might have been Arizona leads me to suggest her.
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/236/1383/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back