Duke student's sex-rating "thesis" goes viral

Tuffy

Not really that tough...
Reaction score
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/hottopics/detail?entry_id=74178

The biggest life lesson that Karen Owen will most likely take away from college?

There are no take-backs in the viral black hole of the World Wide Web.

According to the Huffington Post, the 2010 Duke University grad's risque mock-dissertation, entitled "An Education Beyond The Classroom: Excelling In The Realm of Horizontal Academics," has become an Internet sensation.

The document, describing Owen's college sex life as if it were a biology experiment, is peppered with charts illustrating her "subjects" sexual prowess.

After composing her "thesis" in May, Owen sent it to a few friends, who then forwarded to a few more. Pretty soon, her creation went viral.

Owens told Jezebel this morning that she only meant for three of her friends to see the presentation, but one friend had forwarded it on

I saw this story in several places on the web today, and all of the sites seemed to generate a ton of comments. Apparently the thesis has pictures and names. :eek:

rofl, I read it back when the story first broke.

It was hystericaly funny, and frightening and very sad all at the same time. You can read it at the Jezebel site.

rofl, I read it back when the story first broke.

It was hystericaly funny, and frightening and very sad all at the same time. You can read it at the Jezebel site.

Yes Linda, there is a link to Jezebel in that article too. I just came across it yesterday morning and started reading through the comments. The story generated a lot of responses.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back