GUILTY LA - Harley White for molesting 8yo boy, Slidell, 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Harley White is 53 years old. He spent 30 years in prison as a violent sex offender. We don't need to do the math.

Four children were playing outside White's house when he pulled an 8 year old boy inside and groped him. The article says two other boys entered the home. I guess to help their friend? These are little kids.

Mugshot and more at link. Thank heavens these kids are O.K. as this could have been alot worse. Another 30 years for Mr. White?

http://www.wwltv.com/news/northshor...station-of-8-year-old-neighbor-106699993.html

I thought this one sounded familiar- I'd read his mom had seen a notice about the perv moving into the neighborhood just days before.

This isn't where I read it, but it does say mom & dad had read about this freak

The boy told his parents that he did not know the address of the house but took his father there, Foltz said. When the boy's parents called police, they told Det. Brian Nicaud that they had seen White's picture and address in a sex offender notification that had been published several days before the incident, he said.

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/2010/11/slidell_man_arrested_for_moles.html

thank goodness his friends were brave enough to save him & that he could tell his parents what happened!

Yikes!! This is so similar to the case a couple of days ago where the little boy got pulled into the house by the huge guy in SC and saved by the neighbor man. Here's our thread about that one:

SC- Man saved 13yo boy from 250lb rapist - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I did not like the comment in the article linked in Filly's post which says:

"Slidell Police Chief Randy Smith encourages all parents to check the sex offender registry. "These are sex offenders," Chief Smith said. "This is a disease. These are people who, unfortunately, they seek out children to commit these crimes. And it's scary."

Lord help me. We used to just check to make sure that the children's shoes were tied and their coats were zipped. Now it's, "Honey, hold on a minute, let me run a check on the new neighbors. Until the report comes back, stay in the yard and don't talk to anybody."

How are children ever going to grow into trusting and giving humans, living this way?

Yikes!! This is so similar to the case a couple of days ago where the little boy got pulled into the house by the huge guy in SC and saved by the neighbor man. Here's our thread about that one:

SC- Man saved 13yo boy from 250lb rapist - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I did not like the comment in the article linked in Filly's post which says:

"Slidell Police Chief Randy Smith encourages all parents to check the sex offender registry. "These are sex offenders," Chief Smith said. "This is a disease. These are people who, unfortunately, they seek out children to commit these crimes. And it's scary."

Lord help me. We used to just check to make sure that the children's shoes were tied and their coats were zipped. Now it's, "Honey, hold on a minute, let me run a check on the new neighbors. Until the report comes back, stay in the yard and don't talk to anybody."

How are children ever going to grow into trusting and giving humans, living this way?

OMG Will this ever end? I know, stupid question! Thank God this didn't turn out worse, and I really hope he does get another 30 years!!!!! Although its not likely sad to say....

O/T below...sorry.....

So we are moving in 5 days to a new neighborhood. I know when I lived in OR, there was a site that you could put in your address and it tells you all of the RSO within so many miles... And now I cant for the life of me find it! Was it only OR? Can anyone help? TIA!!!!!! BTW, we are in CO, and I have 4 small baibes in my house, this is need to know info! lol

OMG Will this ever end? I know, stupid question! Thank God this didn't turn out worse, and I really hope he does get another 30 years!!!!! Although its not likely sad to say....

O/T below...sorry.....

So we are moving in 5 days to a new neighborhood. I know when I lived in OR, there was a site that you could put in your address and it tells you all of the RSO within so many miles... And now I cant for the life of me find it! Was it only OR? Can anyone help? TIA!!!!!! BTW, we are in CO, and I have 4 small baibes in my house, this is need to know info! lol

mommy23, you can check CO's state registry starting here: http://sor.state.co.us/ - then click on link at the bottom, and you'll end up here: http://sor.state.co.us/?SOR=home.home

And it says they only post high-risk SOs.

I've used family watchdog too -- http://www.familywatchdog.us/default.asp

Please let's not forget these are only the sex offender's that have been convicted.

Let's not forget there's some creep out there who has not offended yet. There's got to be a first victim.

Although it's a wonderful tool it's not 100% accurate as we've seen here so many times.

Just me personally I've seen the registry give people a false sense of security. Of course not here. We're always preaching to the choir. It just always brings me back to my ex neighbor and a friend of hers. Kids running rampant all over the place. Getting babysat by everyone and their mother and cousin and new boyfriend's. Same two chicks stood outside a barber shop handing out flyers of the local sex offender. Well, one of about fifty.

Ummmmmmmm, first off it's illegal. Secondly where the he*l were these little kids while Miss Crank and Miss Crack held their vigil? Dark outside and so and so's boyfriend was supposed to be watching them.

Sorry for the soap box. I was just like "That's a tool. It's a good tool, but watch your da*n kids instead of sitting in the kitchen drinking wine and hitting a pipe".

Thank goodness is right these little guys saved eachother. Very brave. Although they shouldn't have to worry about being grabbed up while out playing.

Being that Mommy23 has mentioned on another thread that she moved from a town near me in Oregon, I can understand her confusion. Here in Oregon, we can only access the adult predatory offenders via the internet. Yep, that's it. And if someone is still under supervision, they don't show up.

To learn more about Oregon's offenders, you have to write or contact the State Police by email and ask specifically for an offender search by a name, an address or a zip code. A bit cumbersome. Wanted to slide that in. Not happy a bit....no, I'm not.

http://sexoffenders.oregon.gov/

Let's say that your little guy/girl has been invited to spend the weekend at a school buddy's house. You'd have to write to the State Police and wait about a week for a response. Trust me, I've done it many times. As to our children's rapist; he can live anywhere he wants, go anywhere he wants. Someone in La Grande, OR would have to be suspicious of him enough to write to the State Police.

We've got some work to do.

Please let's not forget these are only the sex offender's that have been convicted.

Let's not forget there's some creep out there who has not offended yet. There's got to be a first victim.

Although it's a wonderful tool it's not 100% accurate as we've seen here so many times.

Just me personally I've seen the registry give people a false sense of security. Of course not here. We're always preaching to the choir. It just always brings me back to my ex neighbor and a friend of hers. Kids running rampant all over the place. Getting babysat by everyone and their mother and cousin and new boyfriend's. Same two chicks stood outside a barber shop handing out flyers of the local sex offender. Well, one of about fifty.

Ummmmmmmm, first off it's illegal. Secondly where the he*l were these little kids while Miss Crank and Miss Crack held their vigil? Dark outside and so and so's boyfriend was supposed to be watching them.

Sorry for the soap box. I was just like "That's a tool. It's a good tool, but watch your da*n kids instead of sitting in the kitchen drinking wine and hitting a pipe".

Thank goodness is right these little guys saved eachother. Very brave. Although they shouldn't have to worry about being grabbed up while out playing.

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!

I checked my new neighborhood, I cant find any violent prederators within 2 miles!!!! However, There are 2 houses up for rent, and we are close to a major road, so I don't feel safe just cause no one showed up on my searches. I like to know whats around me, but that doesn't mean I will watch my children any less than I already do!

We have lived in apartments for years, and now we are going into a house. First things the kids asked.... Can we go outside alone? Can we go to the park alone? (a huge park is a block away).... I said NO!!!!! The rules have not changed, our new backyard has a 6 ft privacy fence all around, sure, they will probably hang there, with doors and windows open, if I need to be doing something inside, but even that will be closely monitored!

But as they grow a bit older.. ( oldest is 6 now) I will probably long for the years, and my own past that they could have roamed the neighborhood, and played as kids should. Its sad that life has taken such a turn for the worse. I'm not sure that I will be ok with a 12 yr old roaming without my supervision...... Sad sad times we are in! :furious: :boohoo:

Just as a follow up--I have a son who is a RSO. I just used the site above and entered all his info. I'm his adoptive mother, so I have all of that, far more than most people would know--like his given name rather than the nickname that he's known by. Not a thing. So, some young woman who's considering dating him, would have no way of knowing that he's been convicted of attempted rape at age 18 of a 16 year old. No way at all.

That is not right.

Just as a follow up--I have a son who is a RSO. I just used the site above and entered all his info. I'm his adoptive mother, so I have all of that, far more than most people would know--like his given name rather than the nickname that he's known by. Not a thing. So, some young woman who's considering dating him, would have no way of knowing that he's been convicted of attempted rape at age 18 of a 16 year old. No way at all.

That is not right.

WOW!!! That is definately a sign to everyone!!!!!! although these websites and tools help, they are in no way a guarantee!!!!!! Thanks for sharing that Missizzy!!!!!!!

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!

I checked my new neighborhood, I cant find any violent prederators within 2 miles!!!! However, There are 2 houses up for rent, and we are close to a major road, so I don't feel safe just cause no one showed up on my searches. I like to know whats around me, but that doesn't mean I will watch my children any less than I already do!

We have lived in apartments for years, and now we are going into a house. First things the kids asked.... Can we go outside alone? Can we go to the park alone? (a huge park is a block away).... I said NO!!!!! The rules have not changed, our new backyard has a 6 ft privacy fence all around, sure, they will probably hang there, with doors and windows open, if I need to be doing something inside, but even that will be closely monitored!

But as they grow a bit older.. ( oldest is 6 now) I will probably long for the years, and my own past that they could have roamed the neighborhood, and played as kids should. Its sad that life has taken such a turn for the worse. I'm not sure that I will be ok with a 12 yr old roaming without my supervision...... Sad sad times we are in! :furious: :boohoo:

Best wishes in your new home, mommy23. That's so exciting. Plus you have a wonderful informed woman in your State we all know and love. Miss Izzy.

Oh I hear ya. I grew up in the city I still live in. Rowhouses. Tiny street. We played in the street. Summer it was alllllllll day long. Parents yelled out the door "Supper". Can't do that anymore.

You're informed. You know the drill. That's good you have the privacy fence as well.

In all honesty to this day my DD who is grown says I made her live in a bubble. She has no fear. None. Maybe it's my fault?

Just as an aside again I still live in a rowhouse. My DD was in our backyard which has a driveway for the whole two blocks. I ran in to get the wash to hang outside. I hear the dude next door say "Oh that's a miracle "Suzie" they finally let you out alone". I kicked the door open and go "No she's only 6 years old and she's not alone. Ya know Frank you could have a neighbor just got out of prison for running drugs and bringing firearms on an airplane! Have to be careful!"

Man, I knew that guy went up for that and never said a word. Six years he did. Hey it happens. However, you say that to my kid? I ended it with "I'll be sure not to mention that to little Frankie when he gets older".

It's the world. We have to let our kids live in it. Safe, secure, but not fearing for their lives. Just keep them educated. Communicate. I can tell you're a good mom and you should enjoy your new home. Scream for Izzy you need any sleuthing done!:D

That's quite a wake up call, isn't it? FWIW, this same young man is a bit slow and often calls me to check on things. He recently dated a young woman he asked me to check on (smart guy!!). She'd told him that she knew our family and that she was 22. I was pleased as she's certainly of age. She told him she had no children (he has to check things like that), since his victim was 16.

The truth? She does know our family as she works somewhere where one of our kids worked a few years ago. But she's 27 and has two children. I think this is a really good lesson in how people can mislead and outright lie. If he'd have spent the night at her house, he could have gone to prison if the children were present. I've learned not to be so quick to judge when a perp says he checked. He might have.

This same son (he's 22) asked a young woman for ID several times a couple of years ago, just as his PO told him to. She told him over and over that she was 19. My husband went to meet her and didn't believe her and asked her for ID. She said she'd lost it. He called her parents. She was 16. Our son tried. He really did.

Our son is developmentally disabled and couldn't tell you anyone's age--I asked him once how old his twin sister was and he had no idea (hint: twin sister). This young woman lied to him. We've since asked him to take any prospective date in to meet his PO. That will have to happen for the rest of his life.

Let's not lose sight of that, please.

I wasn't clear, Mommy23 moved away from me. Pout. She used to be in Oregon but she's in Colorado now. Sorry........

Best wishes in your new home, mommy23. That's so exciting. Plus you have a wonderful informed woman in your State we all know and love. Miss Izzy.

Oh I hear ya. I grew up in the city I still live in. Rowhouses. Tiny street. We played in the street. Summer it was alllllllll day long. Parents yelled out the door "Supper". Can't do that anymore.

You're informed. You know the drill. That's good you have the privacy fence as well.

In all honesty to this day my DD who is grown says I made her live in a bubble. She has no fear. None. Maybe it's my fault?

Just as an aside again I still live in a rowhouse. My DD was in our backyard which has a driveway for the whole two blocks. I ran in to get the wash to hang outside. I hear the dude next door say "Oh that's a miracle "Suzie" they finally let you out alone". I kicked the door open and go "No she's only 6 years old and she's not alone. Ya know Frank you could have a neighbor just got out of prison for running drugs and bringing firearms on an airplane! Have to be careful!"

Man, I knew that guy went up for that and never said a word. Six years he did. Hey it happens. However, you say that to my kid? I ended it with "I'll be sure not to mention that to little Frankie when he gets older".

It's the world. We have to let our kids live in it. Safe, secure, but not fearing for their lives. Just keep them educated. Communicate. I can tell you're a good mom and you should enjoy your new home. Scream for Izzy you need any sleuthing done!:D

Awww, thanks for the compliment :angel:

I wish I knew Miss Izzy when we did live close, but now it would be a 1500 mile scream! lol

We could have done a little cleaning up of this county, huh, Mommy23? I got a running start but there's plenty more to do.

We could have done a little cleaning up of this county, huh, Mommy23? I got a running start but there's plenty more to do.

We could have done quite a bit of good together as a pair ;) If I ever make it back up there, I will be sure to let you know!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pandamom76
Back