Reports of Physical Abuse of Zahra by Elisa

Capri

Reaction score
Thought it might be good to have all substantiated reports of physical abuse of Zahra, in one place....sad as it is.

Brittany Bentley's statement:
And Brittany Bentley, who is married to Elisa Baker's nephew, told HLN that the girl "wasn't in very good living conditions, not at all for a 10-year-old."
"I remember Elisa coming out of the bedroom one day, saying her hands hurt from spanking Zahra so much," she said. "I know she spanked way too hard, what I consider beating. I know about letting her out five minutes, just to eat, and that was it."

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/10/12/north.carolina.missing.girl/index.html

Kayla Rottenberry (former neighbor)
Kayla Rottenberry, a former neighbor, said child welfare officials visited the Baker home twice. Elisa Baker told Rottenberry that someone "called and complained about black eyes and her keeping [Zahra] locked in her room," Rottenberry said.
"Her eyes had blue underneath -- not all around [her] eyes -- but her stepmom said her eyes got like that because she was sick," Rottenberry said. She said she saw Baker yelling at her stepdaughter as well, but didn't report the behavior "because they were already on her."
"Whenever she wouldn't walk right, she would holler at her," Rottenberry said. "She would fuss at her when she wasn't walking right and would ground her."

Thought it might be good to have all substantiated reports of physical abuse of Zahra, in one place....sad as it is.

Brittany Bentley's statement:
And Brittany Bentley, who is married to Elisa Baker's nephew, told HLN that the girl "wasn't in very good living conditions, not at all for a 10-year-old."
"I remember Elisa coming out of the bedroom one day, saying her hands hurt from spanking Zahra so much," she said. "I know she spanked way too hard, what I consider beating. I know about letting her out five minutes, just to eat, and that was it."

In this video, Brittany Bentley speaks extensively about the non-stop abuse, saying it consisted of bad beatings, verbal abuse, being confined to her room, only allowed to eat within a timed 5-minute period, and that Adam sat by and saw it all:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-Dg8kNhNI4&feature=related[/ame]

This is my first post, have read for a long time, just an fyi tonight on Discovery ID there is a mom that very much reminds me of EB, it's about women who are jealous and it takes place in Canada

http://www2.journalnow.com/news/2010/nov/01/stepmother-abused-her-neighbors-say-ar-499832/

Searching for Zahra--Stepmother abused her neighbors say.
November 1, 2010
--snipped---

"But Elisa Baker, who the neighbors knew as Lisa, didn’t think Zahra had made enough progress on her prosthetic to deserve a bicycle.

“She told her the only way she’d get a bicycle is if she learned to run,” Bobbitt said."

"Neighbors saw Lisa Baker repeatedly making Zahra run up and down that hill. Sometimes it seemed to be for therapy; sometimes for punishment.

“I’ve seen her smack her a couple of times and (be) all up in her face because she wasn’t running,” Bobbitt said."

I read the transcripts from Nancy Grace where she had BB and AF on the call in on the phone.

While the "blood family'' says they are not suporting EB, AF is saying the blood family never saw abuse and that BB never saw abuse.(calling her a liar?)

Is this an attempt to avoid negitive opinoins in the media or a attempt to protect AB for his possible charges. Or maybe even protecting EB to an extent.

Why was AF so upset all she wanted to talk about on NG, was BB's media exposure?

I got a sence of family issues going on but for AF to call in and point out the media issue with BB means she must really not want BB talking to the them and I was wondering what everyone thought that reason was.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1011/15/ng.01.html

I read the transcripts from Nancy Grace where she had BB and AF on the call in on the phone.

While the "blood family'' says they are not suporting EB, AF is saying the blood family never saw abuse and that BB never saw abuse.(calling her a liar?)

Is this an attempt to avoid negitive opinoins in the media or a attempt to protect AB for his possible charges. Or maybe even protecting EB to an extent.

Why was AF so upset all she wanted to talk about on NG, was BB's media exposure?

I got a sence of family issues going on but for AF to call in and point out the media issue with BB means she must really not want BB talking to the them and I was wondering what everyone thought that reason was.

Inquiring minds wanna know! Because this is truly a 3 ring (maybe four) f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y circus.

Well if the family did set that up it kind of backfired didn't it...not seeing many supportive posts on that wall :)

AF made herself to be an uncaring slimeball. The blood realatives... does that matter.

Say for instance your neighbor is being abused and you see it however the grandmother, or sister didnt see it personally does that make it untrue. The point AF was trying to prove was totally useless.

I wonder if NG had a clue as to what AF was even going to say.
What is the big deal on "blood realatives'? except for the fact that "blood relatives" are probally the first one to stick by their family and deny the truth and cover for them in one way or another.

Here we go, circling the wagons. Frankly I don't believe ANY of them didn't know Zahra was being abused. They may not have known the full extent of it and in their twisted world - after all AF and her sister were brought up by EB - physical 'discipline' probably ain't so much to write home about, but they knew and now they are looking to avoid the fallout. Fact is the entire family can stand up as a bunch and say EB was the picture perfect Mom when someone was around but they still have to get around the fact that OTHERS not connected to them noted and reported signs of abuse in Zahra. I said right at the beginning of this case that the whole bunch of them makes me sick, that really hasn't changed.

After yesterday and the discrepancies I seen with the "ex". I seriously began to see BB as a little more credible than I had given her credit for. I had began to see what type of people she was around constantly. I am going to say with AF (sister not daughter of EB) saying "blood relative" she is trying to come off more superior. I think that entire family has secrets. There is something they do not want out in the open. When neighbors and "non-blood relatives" all say they witnessed abuse, you have to put a strong merit that it was there. JMO

If blood relatives didnt witness abuse then why would EB's own daughter say she would have to leave if her mother got out of jail? Obviously they are scared of her for some reason! This attitude from some of the family is probably exactly why this abuse wasn't stopped before poor Zahra was murdered! What more evidence of abuse do you need than a dismembered child and your sister being the one who knew where she was scattered???:furious:

She doesn't just deny witnessing it she even says BB pretty much " ya know "?

''FAIRCHILD:
Brittany Bentley and her mother say that they`ve witnessed abuse and whatnot. They actually did not, and that`s pretty much -- you know, they say they witnessed things, the blood relatives in the family cannot confirm that. . ''

What would be the purpose of trying to discredit BB if not to defend EB . I cannot think of one reason it would be worth it for her to do that.

She doesn't just deny witnessing it she even says BB pretty much " ya know "?

''FAIRCHILD:
Brittany Bentley and her mother say that they`ve witnessed abuse and whatnot. They actually did not, and that`s pretty much -- you know, they say they witnessed things, the blood relatives in the family cannot confirm that. . ''

What would be the purpose of trying to discredit BB if not to defend EB . I cannot think of one reason it would be worth it for her to do that.

Last time I checked, you didn't have to be a blood relative to report child abuse yet, it didn't seem to happen on their part. That's about all that little tidbit on NG told me last night. It sure does give you insight as to the mindset of the "blood relatives", doesn't it?

This whole family is severely messed up. None of them seem quite right in the head. The whole 'blood relative' thing was just bizarre. Like if you weren't a 'blood relative' you couldn't have seen anything.? WTH?

I don't think it would mean anything about their possible innocence if that were the case and family saw nothing but AB and Eb's neighbors and friends did see things. Visits to or from family can be very different to hanging out with close friends and living one's day-to-day life in one's own home and neighborhood. They'd have been away from their routine thoughts and behavior, and with other adults and kids to distract them all from each other it is likely that many situations that would otherwise have escalated would have been defused.

This whole family is severely messed up. None of them seem quite right in the head. The whole 'blood relative' thing was just bizarre. Like if you weren't a 'blood relative' you couldn't have seen anything.? WTF?

Or it didnt happen because the blood relatives cannot confirm it.

I dont know what they would need to confirm it, in light of recent events there is evidence to support what BB says is true even if what she says cannot be proven true.

So is this the start of the family reunion?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back