GUILTY OK - Maggie Trammel, 10 days old, dies in washing machine, Bartlesville, 4 Nov 2010

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Baby found dead in Bartlesville

BARTLESVILLE - Authorities are investigating the Thursday death of a 10-day-old baby who was allegedly placed in a washing machine that went on a full wash cycle.

A 911 call placed at 7:42 p.m. in Bartlesville from a woman saying, “My baby is dead.” Police, ambulance and fire trucks responded in the 500 block of Shawnee Avenue, where the death occurred.
---
“I’ve been involved in law enforcement for 40 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this,”[Bartlesville Police Chief Tom] Holland said. “I’ve never heard anything like this. It is hard. Our officers are all professionals, but they are also fathers and grandfathers. And any time you have something that involves a baby, it is not easy to deal with.”

Holland said the mother - a 26-year-old woman whose name is not being released - called authorities saying her baby was dead and had been killed by her aunt.

Another voice could be heard in the background saying, “No I didn’t kill your baby. You did.”
---

much more at
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20101105_11_0_BARTLE783666

:eek: OMG how horrible.

I guess she feels if it's ok to leave a stillborn baby in a Wal-Mart toilet in the Tulsa area it's ok to wash a 10 day old in the washing machine???

This is not that far from where the 23 year old "lady" left her newborn in a toilet. No charges are expected in that case.

JMO

OMG. I have no words other than there is seriously something very evil in our world...these people..........OMG

Disgusting.. Truly and sincerely disgusting.

People in general make me sick anymore.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting the impression that maybe one of the young boys might have been trying to help mommy? In a 2-4 yr old's mind, baby was 'dirty' so he 'washed it'...could the washer have already been turned on & then...?

Is it just me or is anyone else getting the impression that maybe one of the young boys might have been trying to help mommy? In a 2-4 yr old's mind, baby was 'dirty' so he 'washed it'...could the washer have already been turned on & then...?

In the Bartlesville paper, Chief Holland is quoted as saying, “We’re treating it as a death investigation,
but not as a crime, as of yet.”

http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/articles/2010/11/05/news/news149.txt

This is just horrific....only ten days old. :furious:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/11/05/national/main7026286.shtml?tag=cbsnewsSectionContent.2

Oklahoma authorities have launched a death investigation after finding the body of a 10-day-old baby in a washing machine.

Bartlesville Police Chief Tom Holland said Friday it appears the infant had been through a wash cycle in the machine. He says no arrests have been made but several search warrants have been issued.

Holland said police responded to an emergency call Thursday night from a woman who said her baby was dead and her aunt had killed the child. He says the conversation in the background "sounded like fighting or shoving."

Holland said the baby had died by the time officers arrived.

CBS News affiliate KOTV-TV reports that Holland said in his 40 years of police work he had never seen or heard of anything like this.

The aunt told police officers she came over to the family's apartment and found the mother asleep, KOTV-TV reports. She said she heard a funny sound coming from the washing machine and went to check it out, finding the baby inside.

The child has not been identified. The body has been turned over to the state Medical Examiner's office

This is so horrible, I have no words. What do they mean, not treating it as a crime yet? How crazy...!!

This is the kind of story that just brings me to tears. Just horrible.

Goz

interesting mom accused aunt and aunt was saying she didnt kill it, mom did. one of them fibbing obviously. makes me wonder if mom developed postpartum psychosis already and isnt aware that she did it.

---
[Chief] Holland said the baby's aunt told police that she walked inside the house, found the baby's mother asleep on the couch and heard the sound of the washing machine out of balance.

"So she went into the room to stop it, lifted the lid, and there was the wet clothes and the dead baby," Holland said.
---
He said no charges have been filed yet, but said there's obviously no way that the baby could have gotten inside the machine on her own.
---

and more, at
http://krmg.com/localnews/2010/11/bartlesville-baby-found-dead-i.html

I've gotta say this is a horror story! The mother was asleep on the couch while the washing machine was spinning out of balance?

There is more to this with the mother. If she has PPPsychosis or some other disorder cause by the imbalance of hormones I feel sorry for her - but if it's meth or something else then it's another sad casualty of the drug addicted areas of America.

What a nightmare.

In the Bartlesville paper, Chief Holland is quoted as saying, “We’re treating it as a death investigation,
but not as a crime, as of yet.”

http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/articles/2010/11/05/news/news149.txt

My initial reaction is: "When is it not a crime to run a baby through the wash?" Like it's okay if it's on the delicate cycle!? :furious:

-or-

Maybe they are waiting to rule out a freak "my baby fell in with my load of towels" accident?

But the two women on the 911 call both accused each other of killing the baby. Neither are claiming any kind of accident.

To my small, pea-sized brain, it seems like a crime has been committed.

WTF? I'd say there's a huge flying leap of a difference between abandoning the body of a stillborn child and intentionally placing a living creature-any living creature- in a washing machine to be tortured to death.

If in some odd chance the baby was placed in there unintentionally or as a result of untreated mental illness, I can only feel sorrow for all those involved.

WTF? I'd say there's a huge flying leap of a difference between abandoning the body of a stillborn child and intentionally placing a living creature-any living creature- in a washing machine to be tortured to death.

If in some odd chance the baby was placed in there unintentionally or as a result of untreated mental illness, I can only feel sorrow for all those involved.

They are both crimes IMO.
I was making a statement because this is not far from the baby in the toilet story (I don't think LE has stated that the ME determined the baby was stillborn yet- just that LE THINKS she may have been).

They are both crimes IMO.
I was making a statement because this is not far from the baby in the toilet story (I don't think LE has stated that the ME determined the baby was stillborn yet- just that LE THINKS she may have been).

I agree, Kimberly. I don't seem much difference in the mom who would leave a baby dead or alive, in a toilet, and a mom who would put a 10 day old in a washing machine. Equally despicable in my book.

Baby found dead in Bartlesville; Mother arrested on unrelated complaint w/booking photo
A bench warrant for her arrest was issued on Oct. 25 for failing to appear at a review hearing.
---
BARTLESVILLE - A 26-year-old mother is being held on drug charges while authorities investigate the Thursday death of her 10-day-old girl, who was allegedly placed in a washing machine that went on a full wash cycle.
---
The mother of the baby, Lyndsey D. Fiddler, was booked into the jail in Bartlesville on a failure to appear for a court review on an April arrest for possessing drugs.
---
[Chief] Holland said Fiddler originally claimed to 911 the infant had been killed by her mother. Another voice on the 911 call could be heard in the background saying, “No I didn’t kill your baby. You did.”

According to a police report, the grandmother, Rhonda Coshatt, stated she last saw the baby when Fiddler left the living room to go feed her. Fiddler returned without the baby. Coshatt told officers she then went looking for the infant. After hearing the washing machine, she found the baby after lifting the lid.
---

and more, including photo, at
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20101105_11_0_BARTLE783666

So in this update, the aunt has changed into the mother/grandmother.

Wow! Mom looks out of it.

20101105_fiddlerld111105_package.jpg

Two young boys were removed from the home and are in custody of the state Department of Human Services, Holland said.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back