1310 users online (263 members and 1047 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

OK - Maggie Trammel, 10 days old, dies in washing machine, Bartlesville, 4 Nov 2010

Baby found dead in Bartlesville

BARTLESVILLE - Authorities are investigating the Thursday death of a 10-day-old baby who was allegedly placed in a washing machine that went on a full wash cycle.

A 911 call placed at 7:42 p.m. in Bartlesville from a woman saying, “My baby is dead.” Police, ambulance and fire trucks responded in the 500 block of Shawnee Avenue, where the death occurred.
    ---
    “I’ve been involved in law enforcement for 40 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this,”[Bartlesville Police Chief Tom] Holland said. “I’ve never heard anything like this. It is hard. Our officers are all professionals, but they are also fathers and grandfathers. And any time you have something that involves a baby, it is not easy to deal with.”

Holland said the mother - a 26-year-old woman whose name is not being released - called authorities saying her baby was dead and had been killed by her aunt.

Another voice could be heard in the background saying, “No I didn’t kill your baby. You did.”
    ---

much more at
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/artic...0_BARTLE783666

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    OMG how horrible.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

justbeachy is offline "It's good to see me, isn't it? No need to respond; that was rhetorical."
    That is absolutely horrible!!!

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I guess she feels if it's ok to leave a stillborn baby in a Wal-Mart toilet in the Tulsa area it's ok to wash a 10 day old in the washing machine???

This is not that far from where the 23 year old "lady" left her newborn in a toilet. No charges are expected in that case.

JMO
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

OMG. I have no words other than there is seriously something very evil in our world...these people..........OMG
    Here.

Disgusting.. Truly and sincerely disgusting.

People in general make me sick anymore.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting the impression that maybe one of the young boys might have been trying to help mommy? In a 2-4 yr old's mind, baby was 'dirty' so he 'washed it'...could the washer have already been turned on & then...?

drugs???
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

Quote Originally Posted by fhc View Post
    Is it just me or is anyone else getting the impression that maybe one of the young boys might have been trying to help mommy? In a 2-4 yr old's mind, baby was 'dirty' so he 'washed it'...could the washer have already been turned on & then...?
    In the Bartlesville paper, Chief Holland is quoted as saying, “We’re treating it as a death investigation,
    but not as a crime, as of yet.”

http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/a...ws/news149.txt

OK: Baby Found Dead Inside Okla. Washing Machine

This is just horrific....only ten days old.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/...ctionContent.2

Oklahoma authorities have launched a death investigation after finding the body of a 10-day-old baby in a washing machine.

Bartlesville Police Chief Tom Holland said Friday it appears the infant had been through a wash cycle in the machine. He says no arrests have been made but several search warrants have been issued.

Holland said police responded to an emergency call Thursday night from a woman who said her baby was dead and her aunt had killed the child. He says the conversation in the background "sounded like fighting or shoving."

Holland said the baby had died by the time officers arrived.

CBS News affiliate KOTV-TV reports that Holland said in his 40 years of police work he had never seen or heard of anything like this.

The aunt told police officers she came over to the family's apartment and found the mother asleep, KOTV-TV reports. She said she heard a funny sound coming from the washing machine and went to check it out, finding the baby inside.

The child has not been identified. The body has been turned over to the state Medical Examiner's office

This is so horrible, I have no words. What do they mean, not treating it as a crime yet? How crazy...!!

This is the kind of story that just brings me to tears. Just horrible.

Goz

interesting mom accused aunt and aunt was saying she didnt kill it, mom did. one of them fibbing obviously. makes me wonder if mom developed postpartum psychosis already and isnt aware that she did it.

---
    [Chief] Holland said the baby's aunt told police that she walked inside the house, found the baby's mother asleep on the couch and heard the sound of the washing machine out of balance.

"So she went into the room to stop it, lifted the lid, and there was the wet clothes and the dead baby," Holland said.
    ---
    He said no charges have been filed yet, but said there's obviously no way that the baby could have gotten inside the machine on her own.
    ---
    and more, at
    http://krmg.com/localnews/2010/11/ba...nd-dead-i.html

I've gotta say this is a horror story! The mother was asleep on the couch while the washing machine was spinning out of balance?

There is more to this with the mother. If she has PPPsychosis or some other disorder cause by the imbalance of hormones I feel sorry for her - but if it's meth or something else then it's another sad casualty of the drug addicted areas of America.

What a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    In the Bartlesville paper, Chief Holland is quoted as saying, “We’re treating it as a death investigation,
    but not as a crime, as of yet.”

http://www.examiner-enterprise.com/a...ws/news149.txt
    My initial reaction is: "When is it not a crime to run a baby through the wash?" Like it's okay if it's on the delicate cycle!?

-or-

Maybe they are waiting to rule out a freak "my baby fell in with my load of towels" accident?

But the two women on the 911 call both accused each other of killing the baby. Neither are claiming any kind of accident.

To my small, pea-sized brain, it seems like a crime has been committed.
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it left.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast